Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamling was only in our team late that year. He was borderline delist material in the first 3 months going by discussion here.

Freo and Bulldogs trade well with each other, if there is any player movement between the two clubs I expect that will continue.
Yeah I know this but the last 3rd of the season he was in, and after the grand final we reluctantly gave him up due to need for him to go home. He was easy best 22 after the GF and would have been a priority, were Crozier is killing it with us but wasn't a priory for them.

Not sure if anyone else has seen it but a North poster has heard a "rumour" that we have tabled an offer to Nick larkey worth $800k p/a over 6 years...
I have no words
It's still to early for posts like this, maybe Peter Gordon saw him at his local fish and chips shop and was
impressed by the voracity of his ordering.

Can confirm the Larkey offer is legit. However we’ve told Norf we can’t part with any picks, but are prepared to offer a one-off special deal just for them:
1. We get Larkey.
2. Norf get our captain Ryan Griffen, and we’ll cover his salary for the remainder of his current AFL contract.
We also happened to mention he’s possibly Shaun Higgins’ best mate, and at his peak, better than Polec/Pittard/Hall combined.
Deal will be signed off in the first few minutes of trade week... F.A.C.T.

I would love for us to get Hill, but we seriously gonna have too many midfielders. We have about 6 that would start at every other club as it is.

I would love for us to get Hill, but we seriously gonna have too many midfielders. We have about 6 that would start at every other club as it is.

The best teams have great depth. See to much talk of trading away best 22 mids on this thread because "we have to many". Go ahead and do it, then watch as injuries pile in, and team goes to crap because you're replacing starters with spuds, not good players. No such thing as to many in my opinion. Anyone who suggests Dunkley or McLean should be traded should be tied to a pole before a firing squad.

The best teams have great depth. See to much talk of trading away best 22 mids on this thread because "we have to many". Go ahead and do it, then watch as injuries pile in, and team goes to crap because you're replacing starters with spuds, not good players. No such thing as to many in my opinion. Anyone who suggests Dunkley or McLean should be traded should be tied to a pole before a firing squad.
All teams have 22 players, but not all teams have an accumulating handballer on every line. Great depth
is having players that fit in seamlessly when the best players are out, do we have great depth ?

We cannot win without Caleb Daniel our master distributor ! (Nothing five minutes on the track could
not fix)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone else has seen it but a North poster has heard a "rumour" that we have tabled an offer to Nick larkey worth $800k p/a over 6 years...
I have no words
Larkey will be excellent.
We could have got him cheaper if North kept Brad - the guy hardly gave Larkey a chance. Amazing what happens when you have a coach who trusts his young players.

We need a legitimate second wingman to pair with Hunter.

Nobody on our list has his tank so we tend to rotate two players on the opposite wing with one playing high forward when not on the wing (generally someone who joins the contest leaving us with a 5-man forwardline).
It's a tough role to play and we have nobody who has been able to do it effectively. Lippi is our closest but his lack of footspeed (and ability to use the ball cleanly in close) means we've been rotating him forward/centre. Mclean may in time but he's had a hard time adjusting. Dale was tried but lacks the contested side to his game. Gowers isn't a natural mid so is better as a FT forward when he's in the side.

I suspect we're targetting someone to play this role as martin would be brilliant at it, ditto Hill. If we paired them we could well make Trent Bartlett look like Dunstall given the increase in F50 entry quality they'd provide.

We need a legitimate second wingman to pair with Hunter.

Nobody on our list has his tank so we tend to rotate two players on the opposite wing with one playing high forward when not on the wing (generally someone who joins the contest leaving us with a 5-man forwardline).
It's a tough role to play and we have nobody who has been able to do it effectively. Lippi is our closest but his lack of footspeed (and ability to use the ball cleanly in close) means we've been rotating him forward/centre. Mclean may in time but he's had a hard time adjusting. Dale was tried but lacks the contested side to his game. Gowers isn't a natural mid so is better as a FT forward when he's in the side.

I suspect we're targetting someone to play this role as martin would be brilliant at it, ditto Hill. If we paired them we could well make Trent Bartlett look like Dunstall given the increase in F50 entry quality they'd provide.
Would love to add two of Martin, Hill and Tomlinson this off-season. This just adds such an enormous amount of running capacity and clean ball usage to our side. Would hope it doesn't stop there though, and that we end up with some actual KPPs to go with them (considering Tomlinson isn't really a "genuine" KPP)

We would have won by 6 goals against geelong with caleb he was definitely missed that first half when we were turning the ball over in the cats press
Did Caleb play in the first Geelong game ? Did we win by 6 goals ? Was that one of the lowest scores
Geelong has had all year ? How many did Ablett kick ?

Did Caleb play in the first Geelong game ? Did we win by 6 goals ? Was that one of the lowest scores
Geelong has had all year ? How many did Ablett kick ?
If you dont think caleb would have helped with our transition on the weekend or that we are in better form post bye than that game then I'm not sure what you've been watching? Also geelong at the cattery is a far different proposition than at Etihad. Our team defense has been far better post bye it's hard to compare the two games as we are in better form and geelong arent

If you dont think caleb would have helped with our transition on the weekend or that we are in better form post bye than that game then I'm not sure what you've been watching? Also geelong at the cattery is a far different proposition than at Etihad. Our team defense has been far better post bye it's hard to compare the two games as we are in better form and geelong arent
Did Caleb play in the first Geelong game ? Yes, 17 Possessions
Did we win by 6 goals ? No, they scored 133 points their highest score of the year
Was that one of the lowest scores Geelong has had all year ? Yes, in fact 55 points is the lowest
How many did Ablett kick ? none

Geelong's scores: 72, 126, 99, 75, 113, 104, 86, 104, 133, 91, 85, 104, BYE, 56, 96, 55.
With Caleb 133 Points, Sans Caleb 55 Points.
The evidence is clear Geelong can win the flag at GMHBA stadium. ;)

Did Caleb play in the first Geelong game ? Yes, 17 Possessions
Did we win by 6 goals ? No, they scored 133 points their highest score of the year
Was that one of the lowest scores Geelong has had all year ? Yes, in fact 55 points is the lowest
How many did Ablett kick ? none

Geelong's scores: 72, 126, 99, 75, 113, 104, 86, 104, 133, 91, 85, 104, BYE, 56, 96, 55.
With Caleb 133 Points, Sans Caleb 55 Points.
The evidence is clear Geelong can win the flag at GMHBA stadium. ;)
And Caleb makes us a 60 point worse team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back