Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lid is on and should stay on even if we have a thumping win tonight. Round 1 form means nothing and this is a much weaker Eagles side.
Is your lid off yet chopperduck?

When this comes up my brain wonders ... do we have fairy tale status, media narrative over the lead up and umpires willing us over the line?
Good point. When Fitzroy came good in 1979 the media consistently referred to us as the “Cinderella Story” of the VFL and we became everybody’s ‘second team,’ particularly in the early 80’s (See below). Definite parallels this year. I get plenty of ‘Go Lions!’ texts from non supporting mates and got swamped with texts after the GWS win. Momentum is building nicely.

Might need to update this song:

Good point. When Fitzroy came good in 1979 the media consistently referred to us as the “Cinderella Story” of the VFL and we became everybody’s ‘second team,’ particularly in the early 80’s (See below). Definite parallels this year. I get plenty of ‘Go Lions!’ texts from non supporting mates and got swamped with texts after the GWS win. Momentum is building nicely.

Thanks for that 3KZ. Haven't listened to it for years but I am hoping that soon everybody hates the Lions because we beat them all the time

I am thinking we need to seize the opportunity and win the flag this year. We are hitting form, have minimal injuries and have a number of our best players in career best form. We need to make the most of it and win the flag.

You better claim "Lions Flag 2019" while it's still available!

Interesting choice of videos though.

Just further to that, before anyone jumps in and proclaims the obvious "We aren't winning the flag"....

I'M PRETTY SURE MOST OF US KNOW THAT :D

But - making finals isn't the worst thing for the more adventurous of us to talk about.

The reality is, if we made finals, we'd probably get creamed - but the experience would be invaluable for our team and as a thought exercise is a nice day dream :D

(and besides, this is the LID OFF THREAD :p)
Post from Sausages early on in the season.

Waiting in a hotel room for the West Coast Collingwood game to start and I thought I would have a look back on this thread. Sausages, your lid was on at this stage even though you thought it was off.

How about amending this post with the wisdom of Lions sight.

Beware of lids!!!!

Go Lions. Go all the way.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WE ARE LIONS AND HAVE NO USE FOR LIDS :D

Back