List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Pick 2 is unknown. It can not be better.

Pick 2 has not played any AFL games. He ability has not be tested or measured at that Level.
Is your argument that all draft picks have impossible-to-measure value? Or none?

How would anyone trade a player for a pick?

Luko was considered the 2nd best player in a draft. In that draft, others have passed him, and playing against men it now seems like his ceiling is much lower. He's not worth what was paid for him.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
not-burton-jpg.500483
This needs to be saved for future use.

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I think if we're talking up Matt Crouch's disposal, we're in a bit of trouble.

At any rate, trading them would be insane, we'd have a huge hole in the most important spot on the ground.
I’m actually not talking up Matt’s disposal (although it is a neat kick under 40m), I’m more talking down Brad’s disposal. I’m not sure how much you analyse Brad’s disposal and decision making, but there is no chance he is better than Matt (I know you didn’t say that).

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
My Changes for 2020 and side :p

Fogarty/E.H/Rankine
McAdam/Walker/Sloane
Jones/Anderson/Davis
Obrien/Milera/McHenry
Smith/Keath/Seedsman
Doedee/Tallia/Brown
Greenwood,CEY,Laird,Kemp
Gone... 2 x Crouch and Atkins,Knights plus pick 2 Traded to G.Coast.... for Rankine their pick2
We pick Anderson and Kemp
Retire.....Betts,Douglas,Ottens,Jacobs,
Replace..Hart,Campo,Clarke

What are you planning on doing with Lynch?

Sitting him in the reserves for two years on $500k/pa?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I never said Matt was good defensively, but neither is Brad.
I said Brad is quicker, doesn’t make him better or more reliable though.
He's quicker and he provides more of an attacking threat.

We have more of Matt's type than Brads

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Greenwood Off to GCS I believe

Longer term offered = more $$$ security.
I wonder what we could get for him. At the moment GC have picks 1,15,49. I wouldn’t be happy with pick 49. It would not be worth it. If he was keen to go to GC, they have shown they’re willing to overpay for a player who is willing to go there.
We’d have to eye off their pick 15 and maybe give them something else back.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I wonder what we could get for him. At the moment GC have picks 1,15,49. I wouldn’t be happy with pick 49. It would not be worth it. If he was keen to go to GC, they have shown they’re willing to overpay for a player who is willing to go there.
Our 2nd rounder + Hugh for 15.

Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we trade a player like Hugh Greenwood and/or Rory Atkins my big hope would be we would secure at least enough collateral in the deal to nab either SA intercepting KPD Karl Finlay and/or exciting 188cm x factor SA youngster who can play either back or forward, perhaps even midfield after a couple of years in the weights room.
Greenwood to Geelong for kreuger

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
What are you planning on doing with Lynch?

Sitting him in the reserves for two years on $500k/pa?
I know you pointed out a missing player but your 2nd line is something of why we find ourselves in this troublesome period.

I spoke about this before. We can't have or are unwilling to have $500,000 players in the 2s. So it infests our selection thinking and club direction

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
I know you pointed out a missing player but your 2nd line is something of why we find ourselves in this troublesome period.

I spoke about this before. We can't have or are unwilling to have $500,000 players in the 2s. So it infests our selection thinking and club direction
What makes you think this is true?

Gibbs
Jacobs
Jenkins

All would be 500k players. All playing significant time in the 2s this year.

adelcrows

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2001
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool,Yankees,E Freo!
Is that the Brisbane pick?

In any event that’s about right, I think he’s worth a 2nd.
We don't have a second rounder, we have Carlton's so that would effectively be about Hugh plus 20 currently for pick 15 currently.. Not even close to worth it there..

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Their first first or gtfo.

#amidoinitrite?

adelcrows

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2001
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool,Yankees,E Freo!
We have the carlton 2nd AND our own 2nd..it would not be the carlton 2nd
My mistake, I thought we had swapped that on another deal, even missed it when looking at the draft order on AFL website...Oops!! I'd look at that deal then.. I am still in the Keep Hugh camp though. This has all the markings of Lyons on it though..

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
My mistake, I thought we had swapped that on another deal, even missed it when looking at the draft order on AFL website...Oops!! I'd look at that deal then.. I am still in the Keep Hugh camp though. This has all the markings of Lyons on it though..
Hugh is 28, and arguably has reached his ceiling as a player.

I'd keep him if the price was right bit he's more than welcome to explore the options.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he is open to a move to GC, then I think it would ultimately suit all parties as they get a good player who will help their midfield and forward structures and we could rightly aim for their Brisbane 1st rounder they have as they need to pay a premium to get a good player(s) up there with maybe something given back - which gives us 2 x 1st round picks again in a draft to help us restock..not forgetting the Carlton 2nd which could be a pick around 22-24. No doubt Haggis would love picks 2, 13 & 23 lets say

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Hugh is 28, and arguably has reached his ceiling as a player.

I'd keep him if the price was right bit he's more than welcome to explore the options.

To be honest, he needs a payrise and I'm not convinced he's worth it. Throw $100k more to CEY to keep him instead, and make sure Greenwood brings us a good asset.

I'm more in the Greenwood and 2 for Luko and 14 camp, but our second and Greenwood for the Brisbane first works too.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
What makes you think this is true?

Gibbs
Jacobs
Jenkins

All would be 500k players. All playing significant time in the 2s this year.
Gibbs - enough said. Deeper issues than defensive effort

Jacobs - 6 week injury - time back to find form + ROB effort. Though I will concede I expected him back earlier

Jenkins - effort + injury. Yet he came back after a 3 week injury without going through the 2s - maybe that proves my point or it doesn't.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows

Very true. One of the biggest problems we have right now is how little we are getting from our most experienced and most highly paid players - some of who are the same.

Walker, Jenkins, Betts, Lynch (through injury mostly), Gibbs, Jacobs, Douglas and Mackay.

These are our leaders yet they’re giving us almost nothing as a collective.

Compare that to West Coast and Geelong who have their equivalents playing and starring on the reg.

No wonder it seems we’re weighing up trading Jenkins out - Himmelberg nearly produced the same output at a third the cost.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very true. One of the biggest problems we have right now is how little we are getting from our most experienced and most highly paid players - some of who are the same.

Walker, Jenkins, Betts, Lynch (through injury mostly), Gibbs, Jacobs, Douglas and Mackay.

Compare that to West Coast and Geelong who have their equivalents playing and starring on the reg.

No wonder it seems we’re weighing up trading Jenkins out - Himmelberg nearly produced the same output at a third the cost.
I wonder how many of our 30+ experienced players will be targeted for recruitment by rising young teams to play as mentors, progressing to assistant coaches?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

This is the problem you must have as a non negotiable the highest paid players in the club to be performing EVERY week at a high level

Walker Sloane Betts Talia Crouch would clearly be our top 5

Followed by

Gibbs Crouch Laird Smith JJ

What are you getting?

If they don't perform pay someone those $$$ who can

Back