Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is this kid Victorian? Any link to the Eagles' Ugle?

And that name... too many 'a's and consonants. For marketing purposes, maybe Jam-U, Jamuh, The Jam. Or possibly the footy world adopts the soccer convention, a-la Pele and Ronaldo, and just refers to him as 'Jamarra'.
Maybe "Jah" like the Jamaican god.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is this kid Victorian? Any link to the Eagles' Ugle?

And that name... too many 'a's and consonants. For marketing purposes, maybe Jam-U, Jamuh, The Jam. Or possibly the footy world adopts the soccer convention, a-la Pele and Ronaldo, and just refers to him as 'Jamarra'.
Very likely. The Ugle clan stretch out deep into WA!
Love me this kid already!

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Time to bank the points
Teams who have had claims on top 10 picks in recent years (Blakey, Thomas) have tended to trade out their top pick in the relevant draft and use a number of lower picks to match the bid.

Reckon we're well placed to do similar, using our 2020 1st as part of a trade for a Hill, Martin or similar and get JUH with a raft of lower picks.

Would love it if we got a first rounder and a Hill this year and then JUH in the bank next year.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well it is about time we had some indigenous players our list. We miss their skill set and the culture they bring. Hopefully we can recruit a quick talented indigenous player in this draft before Jamarra arrives.

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jeez we are going to be a good side if this bloke develops as expected. Naughto, Schache and Jamarra with a few small crumbles is deadly

Well it is about time we had some indigenous players our list. We miss their skill set and the culture they bring. Hopefully we can recruit a quick talented indigenous player in this draft before Jamarra arrives.
CCP + Elijah Taylor would be perfect.
Pressure forward and a star 'do everything' X factor forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have any inside knowledge on this

but i feel like Bulldogs will do a huge job this off season in recruiting and hiring aboriginal staff to set themselves like what S.A and W.A teams have done.

Peter Gordon openly saying Bulldogs have done a poor job at recruiting aboriginal players is a huge key for this off-season.

Bulldogs have primary focused on African, Asian and Middle Eastern communities to have huge success while Brett Goodes and his staff have done an amazing job with the Aboriginal communites in Ballarat.

that's one of the main reason we are seeing an increase in memberships in Ballarat and why it's important for us to keep building that area.

I could see us being in the running for the Hill Bros and Jack Martin to help set up a foundation for all our future NGA players.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't have any inside knowledge on this

but i feel like Bulldogs will do a huge job this off season in recruiting and hiring aboriginal staff to set themselves like what S.A and W.A teams have done.

Peter Gordon openly saying Bulldogs have done a poor job at recruiting aboriginal players is a huge key for this off-season.

Bulldogs have primary focused on African, Asian and Middle Eastern communities to have huge success while Brett Goodes and his staff have done an amazing job with the Aboriginal communites in Ballarat.

that's one of the main reason we are seeing an increase in memberships in Ballarat and why it's important for us to keep building that area.

I could see us being in the running for the Hill Bros and Jack Martin to help set up a foundation for all our future NGA players.
Gordon answered this really well in the fan forum. Spoke about setting something that a potential recruit could make their own and set up to leave their own mark.

Sounds perfect for say a Martin to mentor and develop a culture with a young NGA player perhaps.

Gordon answered this really well in the fan forum. Spoke about setting something that a potential recruit could make their own and set up to leave their own mark.

Sounds perfect for say a Martin to mentor and develop a culture with a young NGA player perhaps.
I could even see Craigh Cooper-Peters being that person, he oozes leadership and does a ton of community work.

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

If those are the words he used, then Stephen Hill sounds like the best candidate for that. Seems more of a leader than BHill and Martin, and will be reaching the end of his career pretty soon. He may have his injury troubles, but the influence someone like him could have on the side would be easily worth taking the risk on him. Plus it probably helps with getting his brother to come with him

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If those are the words he used, then Stephen Hill sounds like the best candidate for that. Seems more of a leader than BHill and Martin, and will be reaching the end of his career pretty soon. He may have his injury troubles, but the influence someone like him could have on the side would be easily worth taking the risk on him. Plus it probably helps with getting his brother to come with him
Strong links to GC at the moment

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Yea I got the impression from that comment and the media links to martin that we were very much involved and a good chance which is what I've stated in other threads. Fingers crossed 🤞

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Western Bulldogs will have an indigenous board member, Belinda Duarte https://www.thecourier.com.au/story...arte-finds-in-joining-western-bulldogs-board/ from next year. Brett Goodes' is the Indigenous Programs Manager at the club, but he obviously needs to connect with some of these communities and find the people that can make the introductions for him.

It's hard to expect Indigenous players to want to play at a club without cultural supports already there. Generally they rely on family or members of their community. Good thing that Belinda Duarte is a Ballarat girl. She might have some links in the Warrnambool area and would have to know Craig-Peters who is a WB NGA player.

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Found the Oakleigh Chargers scouting notes from last weekend (apologies if this has been listed):

#25 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

The Oakleigh big man continued his recent form with a bag of four goals in another impressive athletic display. Finished with 10 touches to go with his haul of four, Ugle-Hagan was outstanding for the Chargers. Also had six marks and is piecing together a couple of fine weeks in attack for Oakleigh. Did miss a very gettable set shot early that would’ve given him five for the day but slotted a goal a minute later from the exact same spot to make up for it. Played a starring last quarter, bagging two goals and threatening to bring the margin out to triple figures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back