Is political correctness stifling debate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple answer is we cant.
You're better off banging your head against a brick wall.

Bigot!
NAZI!
RACIST!

It never ends.

They have stifled every discussion in every thread on this board.

It's a bit hard to debate someone when they are hurling insults. Not really productive, and we don't come away with any new learnings or insight.

You're mistaking criticism, for stifling of speech. Posters are allowed to criticise your ideas, ad you're allowed to criticise ours. If you think there is a lack of respect, ok, but I fail to see how characterising the left as an urgency while discussing whether or not we are worth putting bullets into is helping that.

And again, what more can you say about immigration issues that you haven't already said?

You're mistaking criticism, for stifling of speech. Posters are allowed to criticise your ideas, ad you're allowed to criticise ours. If you think there is a lack of respect, ok, but I fail to see how characterising the left as an urgency while discussing whether or not we are worth putting bullets into is helping that.

And again, what more can you say about immigration issues that you haven't already said?

You can start by stopping your incessant need to make up bullshit claims about what people have said, which when challenged to provide evidence for, you then refuse to back up with direct quotes. Again, again and again.

I’m sick of it. You need to pull your ******* head in.

You can start by stopping your incessant need to make up bulls**t claims about what people have said, which when challenged to provide evidence for, you then refuse to back up with direct quotes. Again, again and again.

I’m sick of it. You need to pull your ******* head in.
All well and good.

Im asking you what else about the issue of immigration you'd like to say. I don't know what is stifling you. I thought you were pretty open in your views.

Don’t be a smart arse.

You were accusing me of threatening violence five minutes ago.

Just back off.
Absolutely, I don't back away from that. Was you cocked gun gif a joke?

My point is that you're not stifled, and have freely expressed your views on immigration. Part of freedom of speech is that people are entitled to criticise your views.

. Was you cocked gun gif a joke?

What do you think you clown.

Let’s be honest, you knew it was a joke. Your just blowing it into an issue so you can portray yourself as having some kind of moral authority in the conversation.

It’s one of your tactics, constantly accusing people of threatening violence, baiting traps to get them to say things which you can construe as threats of violence.

You are a grub, plain and simple.

What do you think you clown.

Let’s be honest, you knew it was a joke. Your just blowing it into an issue so you can portray yourself as having some kind of moral authority in the conversation.
Surely you've noticed this thread has become a slanging match when I asked what would you like to say that you've been too stifled to say.

My point is you're not stifled whatsoever. You've expressed your opinion on immigration, some posters have decided to criticise those opinions.

Surely you've noticed this thread has become a slanging match when I asked what would you like to say that you've been too stifled to say.

My point is you're not stifled whatsoever. You've expressed your opinion on immigration, some posters have decided to criticise those opinions.

Yeah that’s your other trademark.

Slither around like a snake to seem more reasonable, when you realise you have pushed too far, or slightly alter your point of attack in the hope people won’t notice, and you get off hook that way.

I’ll say it one last time for the night.

Back off.

Two big differences.

Your lot has chosen to side with them...don’t pretend your neutral in this battle.

And our ancestors built this country from the dirt up. They died for it.

Think we are just going to stand by while our society and democracy is white anted from above (globalists and free marketeers who just want the cheap labor) and from within (SJWs like you) and given to a pack of medieval barbarians who would be hanging women from the light towers at the MCG if given the chance?

Think again.
Who are these people? Who actually are they?? Can you name any of them? Can you show where an 'SJW' has supported hanging women??

Can you explain how your society and democracy is actually being 'white anted'?

Are those who describe non believers in there religion ‘infidels’, and who also believe they are theologically commanded to murder these people, bigots as well?
Who are these people?
Where are you getting your information from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not going to happen, no matter how much you fantasise about.

And don't pretend you don't want it to. It's not going to happen, so you'll have to find some other deeper meaning for your life.
He identifies with white nationalist positions, posts clips and material by white nationalists, and expresses psychotic beliefs about a coming civil war implying vague threats. Sounds like a white nationalist to me.

And a danger to the broader public. How long till he does something stupid and we end up hearing about his internet manifesto on the nightly news?

Who are these people? Who actually are they?? Can you name any of them? Can you show where an 'SJW' has supported hanging women??

Can you explain how your society and democracy is actually being 'white anted'?

Who are these people?
Where are you getting your information from?
Exactly, what battle.

His rhetoric is not only unhinged, but dangerous. I'm not joking when I suggest some of the reactionaries who post here are a genuine concern.

What do you wish to say but feel unable to? Open up you're among friends here.
This is not a first amendment thing Gough.

Rather, one feels oppressed when entering a discussion where the responses are likely to be: BIGOT!

I feel there are many who wish to debate certain topics, but posters on the left just play the man from the outset.

It is traumatic and offensive. One feels like he is going to PC hell just for expressing an opinion.

This is not about calling people wogs or sheilas or silly old NTTAWWTters. Whole topics are now off limits. It is not politically correct to even discuss immigration, for example.

I think we should reduce immigration numbers because......RACIST!

We have an issue with sudanese street gangs....RACIST!

I went to a Jordan Peterson concert....NAZI!

The wage gap is...SEXIST!

Sometimes I can't sleep at night, such is my concern.

It reminds me of the time we had to put down a beloved family pet. The animal was sick and suffering. The reality of its condition had to be confronted and dealt with. Even though it wasn't a nice situation, the only humane outcome was to put it to sleep.

Now, imagine how I would have felt if I had taken the cat to the vet, and the assistant yelled MURDERER!

How can this ******* piece of trash be allowed to write this propaganda?

This is you KV.

And this is who we are in a war against.
You are at war with people who correctly identify the rise in Nazi like rhetoric?

"At war", that is your choice of words. At war with reality or wanting to silence the people who are outing you?

Rather, one feels oppressed when entering a discussion where the responses are likely to be: BIGOT!

I feel there are many who wish to debate certain topics, but posters on the left just play the man from the outset.

It is traumatic and offensive. One feels like he is going to PC hell just for expressing an opinion.

This is not about calling people wogs or sheilas or silly old NTTAWWTters. Whole topics are now off limits. It is not politically correct to even discuss immigration, for example.

It reminds me of the time we had to put down a beloved family pet. The animal was sick and suffering. The reality of its condition had to be confronted and dealt with. Even though it wasn't a nice situation, the only humane outcome was to put it to sleep.

Now, imagine how I would have felt if I had taken the cat to the vet, and the assistant yelled MURDERER!
So, you want to be free to express yourself without fear of disagreement or consequence.

Sounds like you want to stifle debate.

Also, why the * would you choose an analogy about euthanasing an animal, when concern trolling over immigration and religion?

What is wrong with you.

Tiger if you want to withdraw yourself from the debate because you’re unhappy with the level of criticism, that’s your choice. You’re not being stifled.

The other day I felt the accusations of supporting th beating of a gay Asian immigrant was unfair, but I wasn’t stifled . I was called racist, but I wasn’t stifled.

You have been freely expressing your opinions on immigration and others are free to offer theirs and criticise yours.

So your real issue is with other people's free speech, in what you think people might say to you?

Glad we cleared that up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back