Preview Round 17, 2019: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 13th July, 7:25PM AEST *NEWNES' 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booooownes
I was saying Booewnes...
281f2c5fc9e95df51cb8cfc49336578a.jpg

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

But in saying that, I've like Newnes from day 1. Was a gun junior before an injury, was well liked by many clubs in the draft. When composed and allowed to play his natural game, he's a solid B grade player.

I think injuries and being played out of position have really cruelled his image in supporter's eyes. He'll never have the flash of Gresham, but could easily be the Jason Gram of our side, if we had the cream on top.

Well I’m not looking forward to this one. Can’t imagine a close game or even a loss below 50 points.

I wonder if the coaches will try to smother the contest and contain the damage they will do at the stoppages. Maybe an extra body in midfield?

Damage control as opposed to going for a win.

Well I’m not looking forward to this one. Can’t imagine a close game or even a loss below 50 points.

I wonder if the coaches will try to smother the contest and contain the damage they will do at the stoppages. Maybe an extra body in midfield?

Damage control as opposed to going for a win.

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t at least go for the win.

Richo will just surround the ball in attempt to stifle the game beyond recognition... meanwhile Geelong will have 1 or 2 runners on the outside who will whisk the ball forward uncontested.

Would love to see Lonie, Gresham and hind playing as outside mids at stoppages, giving us a some pacy creative options going forward.

We're not going to win with a lock down approach.

Richo will just surround the ball in attempt to stifle the game beyond recognition... meanwhile Geelong will have 1 or 2 runners on the outside who will whisk the ball forward uncontested.

Would love to see Lonie, Gresham and hind playing as outside mids at stoppages, giving us a some pacy creative options going forward.

We're not going to win with a lock down approach.

Yes I think we will stifle the game. Or try to anyway. It’s hard to see it working against Geelong.

I think we did that in the same match last year and it didn’t work. We were outnumbered forward of the footy and it just came straight back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My interest in the season (and pretty common theme over the past few years) is probably best summed up by this Bob Dylan line:

And when finally the bottom fell out
I became withdrawn
The only thing I knew how to do
Was keep on keeping on
Like a bird that flew
Tangled up in blue

“How many games must a coach badly lose,
Before you call him an ex-coach?”

But in saying that, I've like Newnes from day 1. Was a gun junior before an injury, was well liked by many clubs in the draft. When composed and allowed to play his natural game, he's a solid B grade player.

I think injuries and being played out of position have really cruelled his image in supporter's eyes. He'll never have the flash of Gresham, but could easily be the Jason Gram of our side, if we had the cream on top.

Another victim of Chobotitis.

Hannebury 2 Weeks LOL

This club really loves punching itself in the face

Initially I thought Marsh but given the Hawkins match-up, yeah Brown may edge him out.

Lonie will come in - Parker, Sinclair? Not sure, Parker offers less flexibility IMO so I'd be OK with that. Long will stay in.

Dmac has been poor no doubt, scary that he is having little impact in the tackle department. White is the obvious replacement but not sure the coaches have a lot of faith.

Will not play 50 games for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back