Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, fu** it with this Bennell talk!! Injuries and/or drugs, whatever it is, it’s his ******* problem! This club needs to be ‘Alert’ to make sure we get the right people to guide to the Next’ with the youngsters!
Agreed. People talk about him like we’re gonna strike oil with him or something.

Last edited:
Are you saying something like:

GWS get:
Hawks 1st rounder (currently pick 6)

Hawks get:
GWS 1st rounder (currently pick 14)
GWS compo 1st rounder (currently pick 15)
Patton
Coniglio

GWS then uses pick 6 to draft Green and also have pick 10. Hawks get to sign Coniglio to a deal around 1m per season, get Patton and also have to late 1st round picks.

If this is what you meant then I guess it is doable but my concern is GWS might want a little more but you never know they might be happy with getting Green and keeping the other pick (currently pick 10).

SOLD!! This is the deal of the century.

By the way, the "sweentener" to GWS for us getting Coniglio for free is surely our willingness to take Patton off their hands and his big fat salary ;-)

Realising that the Tim Kelly trade could potentially impact us depending where he goes.

1. Brad Hill could be negotiated as part of a three-way trade with the Dockers & Geelong. I don't think he's very likely to go to Geelong, could end up that we'll be asked to please Geelong to the tune of a late first rounder/decent player to go along with whatever Freo are sending them. I think this is less likely as I don't know what on earth would induce Tim Kelly to join Freo over WC.

2. If Kelly goes to WC it would almost certainly take them out of the race for Coniglio. They surely wouldn't still have cap space to sign two players on 800k-1m each. Coniglio surely doesn't go for Freo.

Realising that the Tim Kelly trade could potentially impact us depending where he goes.

1. Brad Hill could be negotiated as part of a three-way trade with the Dockers & Geelong. I don't think he's very likely to go to Geelong, could end up that we'll be asked to please Geelong to the tune of a late first rounder/decent player to go along with whatever Freo are sending them. I think this is less likely as I don't know what on earth would induce Tim Kelly to join Freo over WC.

2. If Kelly goes to WC it would almost certainly take them out of the race for Coniglio. They surely wouldn't still have cap space to sign two players on 800k-1m each. Coniglio surely doesn't go for Freo.
Cannot see Kelly going to Freo under any circumstances.

Btw, he's definitely leaving.

Seriously though, who has the Holden Centre?

Lexus is Collingwood, right?

Is it Melbourne?

Holden Centre is Collingwood mate (training and administration base). Maybe Smitty was just checking all their feelings weren't hurt after last Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oi so it just clicked to me why clarko wanted karl amon. Did some good things in the Showdown, good left boot as one poster has already pointed out to me weeks ago.

I think karl/jarman would be an amazing duo with the ability to swap out between a forward pocket, back flank, and could also drag hardwick into the mix for the forward line.

Oi so it just clicked to me why clarko wanted karl amon. Did some good things in the Showdown, good left boot as one poster has already pointed out to me weeks ago.

I think karl/jarman would be an amazing duo with the ability to swap out between a forward pocket, back flank, and could also drag hardwick into the mix for the forward line.
Amon is super quick & pretty aggressive, although (from memory) his aggression doesn't always lead to effective defensive efforts etc. like say Popeye's or Cyril's do.

No Thanks, to Hardwick as a forward.

I'll go with there Hardwick's stats 🤷‍♂️
If/when we get relegated back to u/18's, he can play forward.

Until then, whilst up against AFL Defenders, he's too short to be a 3rd Tall, too slow to be a Small Forward & too bloody good in defence to be wasted through poor positioning.

If/when we get relegated back to u/18's, he can play forward.

Until then, whilst up against AFL Defenders, he's too short to be a 3rd Tall, too slow to be a Small Forward & too bloody good in defence to be wasted through poor positioning.
Could say sicily's too good in defense to be wasted through poor positioning, hasn't stopped clarko from trying it and will not stop clarko from trying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back