Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not realistically think caleb would have helped hes been fantastic this year and his defensive side has been good as well? He would have been 2nd in our B and F prior to injury
First not second, all I was saying is that we have plenty of half backs and it's better to win having less
of the ball and scoring is more efficient when you don't over possess the ball.

If we recruit him to be a linkman, great.

If we recruit him to be a KPP - there will be some serious buyers remorse on here next year...

I always thought Everitt could have been used as a hard running, over sized wingman - better overhead than you average winger, but with a good tank and kicking ability. But we never gave that a try...
I think we did one year under Eade, and he flourished. A shame he didn’t go on with it

My attempt at an even trade
Dog trade picks 40, 42, 43 and our future first
Freo give hill and pick 26.

Picks 40, 42 and 43 are the points equivalent of about pick 13 which will help Freo in getting their nga kid. (Nearly double the points of the original pick 26). Plus they get that first rounder next year.
That’s paying overs surely

We need a legitimate second wingman to pair with Hunter.

Nobody on our list has his tank so we tend to rotate two players on the opposite wing with one playing high forward when not on the wing (generally someone who joins the contest leaving us with a 5-man forwardline).
It's a tough role to play and we have nobody who has been able to do it effectively. Lippi is our closest but his lack of footspeed (and ability to use the ball cleanly in close) means we've been rotating him forward/centre. Mclean may in time but he's had a hard time adjusting. Dale was tried but lacks the contested side to his game. Gowers isn't a natural mid so is better as a FT forward when he's in the side.

I suspect we're targetting someone to play this role as martin would be brilliant at it, ditto Hill. If we paired them we could well make Trent Bartlett look like Dunstall given the increase in F50 entry quality they'd provide.
We could play JJ or Libba on a wing, although with his 2 knee reco’s he will be a bit slow, maybe even Bailey Smith could become a wing. He’s got that Cooney burst of speed and can kick a long goal

We could play JJ or Libba on a wing, although with his 2 knee reco’s he will be a bit slow, maybe even Bailey Smith could become a wing. He’s got that Cooney burst of speed and can kick a long goal

I think JJ better running through lines from HB. Libba too slow for the wing and is an in and under beast - he's the one getting it out to the wingman. Smith is also an inside midfielder with a lot of campaigner in him and not the 'silk' and speed we need on the outside.

Who are more entitled supporters than the hawks? Reading some of the dribble they put up in some of the threads when they've got one of the worst lists for young talent coming through it just blows my mind.

Who are more entitled supporters than the hawks? Reading some of the dribble they put up in some of the threads when they've got one of the worst lists for young talent coming through it just blows my mind.

And yet I found them to be fantastic when we won the flag.

We have to be eying a ruckman this trade/draft period surely (don’t call me Surely). Anyone have any ideas on who or if we’ll even go down this path?

I don't think we will target a ruck but if we did Ryder is the obvious one. Mature, indigenous. Meets all our criteria. I don't mind the idea of getting him for a year or two and playing English forward if we can't land an A-grade KPD. Long term I like our team with English sole ruck and chopouts from Schache and Naughts.

800k for Larkey???

Surely that is a joke he has played ten games.

Guess Bennell for 1 mill is the next rumour
Come on mate, be a bit more ambitious.

Entice Paddy McCartin over on $1.1 million, and have Nakia Cockatoo ($900k) crumbing at his feet. Would be a thing of beauty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id want to see Richards or Williams play this role, especially while we are so stocked up on the half back line and having sent caleb there. Otherwise talk of trading in a Hill or Martin could work, wouldnt be keen on spending big chips on Martin tbh but Im pretty keen on either of the Hill boys if we were going down that route. I think Richards could offer plenty on a wing though

The best teams have great depth. See to much talk of trading away best 22 mids on this thread because "we have to many". Go ahead and do it, then watch as injuries pile in, and team goes to crap because you're replacing starters with spuds, not good players. No such thing as to many in my opinion. Anyone who suggests Dunkley or McLean should be traded should be tied to a pole before a firing squad.
Agree no matter what you spin it with, those suggestions are idiotic in my view.

Watching an AFL live stream - Twomey just said Bulldogs arent looking at Tomlinson

They also said that we are being linked with the Hill bros, suggested he didn't know whether they were a package deal spoke more about Brad

edit. looking more likely that Martin will stay at GC than it was at the start of the year

Last edited:
Watching an AFL live stream - Twomey just said Bulldogs arent looking at Tomlinson

They also said that we are being linked with the Hill bros, suggested he didn't know whether they were a package deal spoke more about Brad
Tomlinson to the Saints seems like a forgone conclusion at this point. Glad to hear the link to the Hills - thought it was more supporter speculation than anything, but I do hope there's something in it. Happy for it to be a package deal if need be

edit. looking more likely that Martin will stay at GC than it was at the start of the year
Link?

Tomlinson to the Saints seems like a forgone conclusion at this point. Glad to hear the link to the Hills - thought it was more supporter speculation than anything, but I do hope there's something in it. Happy for it to be a package deal if need be
You would hope the Saints are chucking silly money at him and he hasn’t just chosen them over us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back