Preview Round 17: Changes Vs Hawks + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Right-O. I've had a decent couple of days to calm down. Believe it or not, there is a silver lining. There's nothing to lose now by getting a look at Sturt, Carter and Valente.

I think we're all pretty clear where we're at as a club, so we don't have to get sidetracked by delusions of finals again for a while. So, I'd probably try to find out if there's an AFL player on the list we can unearth for the future.

No point just keep picking players who aren't going to be best 22 in 12 months, or clearly not AFL standard.

OUT: Sandilands, Crowden, Colyer
IN: Kid 1, Kid 2, Kid 3

Right-O. I've had a decent couple of days to calm down. Believe it or not, there is a silver lining. There's nothing to lose now by getting a look at Sturt, Carter and Valente.

I think we're all pretty clear where we're at as a club, so we don't have to get sidetracked by delusions of finals again for a while. So, I'd probably try to find out if there's an AFL player on the list we can unearth for the future.

No point just keep picking players who aren't going to be best 22 in 12 months, or clearly not AFL standard.

OUT: Sandilands, Crowden, Colyer
IN: Kid 1, Kid 2, Kid 3
Crowden is still a kid and won't be dropped this week .I hope i never see Colyer in purple ever again.

Crowden is still a kid and won't be dropped this week .I hope i never see Colyer in purple ever again.
Banfeld was dropped after 1 game. Same could apply to Mitch. Great bloke, but if we're being honest with ourselves, he's a decent county footballer who had a month of good testing at the combine. Most clubs pretty much ignore the combine now anyway. Doubt he'd get drafted if he was in the 2018 cohort.

Banfeld was dropped after 1 game. Same could apply to Mitch. Great bloke, but if we're being honest with ourselves, he's a decent county footballer who had a month of good testing at the combine. Most clubs pretty much ignore the combine now anyway. Doubt he'd get drafted if he was in the 2018 cohort.
Yeah but both Fyfe and Ross mentioned his name post game, I doubt they will drop him.

What time do we board the plane when flying to van dismal land? Surely fairly soon now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The key to whoever we bring into the backline is to minimise mistakes, Hughes can do the odd good thing but he has cost a few goals in the last 2 weeks just by panicking and not showing composure. He badly let Daisy Thomas get behind him and kick the goal off the pack in the dying stages off the Carlton game and also kicked out on the full instead of rushing a behind which led to a goal and then last week stepped backwards out of bounds instead of trying to keep it in.

What time do we board the plane when flying to van dismal land? Surely fairly soon now?
Plane would have left around 3 so news on who was/wasn’t on the plane should be out there if it’s going to come out in time

Looooool fûcked changes

- Darcy for Sandilands: Good.

- Crowden for Hill: What more could he have done in a 15 goal flogging. Showed vast improvement. Hill likely to be injured before the warm up in Tasmania.

- Logue: Ethan Hughes must have some killer budding breasts or something because dead set what the *.

Nyhuis: Yep good on him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back