News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Theoretically, his tenure should be linked to Hayes'. They are in competition to be the #2 ruckman on the list over the next few years, which would eventually lead to them being the #1 in the much longer term. At some point, one of them will have to be cut loose, because you could have 18 All Australian ruckmen on your list, but you'll still only ever be able to play 1-2 of them each week.
Id back in a team of 11 Gawns and 11 Grundys to make top 4

I can’t explain how ******* moronic our club would have to be to keep Ryder but let ladhams go after persisting for him for years when he’s exploded into amazing form and all we would likely get for him would be a 3rd rounder in a poor draft.

I would jettison the entire board, coaching panel, and staff before I would do something this ******* stupid.

We will likely shed one of Hayes or Ladhams and my bet is on Ladhams.

Would love to keep both.
From what Broges said this fella is likely to be one of the best rucks in the comp.
Will be spewing if another team, especiallly North, Hawks or Crows get him for a bag of chips.

I'd expect to get Barry Brooks tier offers for Ladhams now. A young ruck who has developed and is now dominating the SANFL, could slot right into #1 ruck at any AFL side.

I can’t explain how ******* moronic our club would have to be to keep Ryder but let ladhams go after persisting for him for years when he’s exploded into amazing form and all we would likely get for him would be a 3rd rounder in a poor draft.

I would jettison the entire board, coaching panel, and staff before I would do something this ******* stupid.

I might find that microwave they used in Ballarat and cook my membership before their eyes.

Would love to keep both.

I hope not that would be terrible.

They should be doing everything to sign ladhams and offload Ryder’s salary.

They need to get it done ASAP or north or someone will offer a godlike offer, like the saints are offering Draper. If that happens ya can’t blame him for going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see us getting more than a second rounder for a guy who’s got the potential to be one of the best in the league. Would be terrible timing for us if he were to leave this year before he’s really had a chance to shine at the top level. I agree we can’t have all three of Lycett Hayes and Ladhams but losing one of the two young guys now would really suck.

Would love to keep both.

In regards to pure rucks, I would have thought we retain Ladhams and Ryder pursues other options

Then in regards to forward rucks, we retain Hayes and Frampton pursues other options (sadly)

I don’t think it’s about us not wanting Ladhams, it’s about Ladhams actually wanting to play AFL. No young player would pass us the number 1 ruck role to be 3rd string ruck. That’s providing we also lose Ryder. Lycett is number 1 and Hayes will very quickly become number 2, probably as early as next year.

That would mean that Ladhams would have to wait for two long term injuries to get consistent games. Just doesn’t make sense for his own career. It would be horrible to lose him, but I don’t think we have much of a choice.

If I had the choice between keeping Hayes or Ladhams, I would 100% be taking Hayes.

Just hopefully we get well compensated.

You need at least 3 high quality rucks on your list and a development player. (Primus, Broges, Lade).

Ladhams, Lycett and Hayes must be retained. Paddy and the club need to make a decision, whether he's happy to stay and earn his spot on a shorter contract for less coin.

I think the club has been pretty clear this year that the bloke in form will get selected and reputation counts for far less. With that in mind if Ladhams wants to be the #1 ruckman then it's completely up to him.

I don’t think it’s about us not wanting Ladhams, it’s about Ladhams actually wanting to play AFL. No young player would pass us the number 1 ruck role to be 3rd string ruck. That’s providing we also lose Ryder. Lycett is number 1 and Hayes will very quickly become number 2, probably as early as next year.

That would mean that Ladhams would have to wait for two long term injuries to get consistent games. Just doesn’t make sense for his own career. It would be horrible to lose him, but I don’t think we have much of a choice.

If I had the choice between keeping Hayes or Ladhams, I would 100% be taking Hayes.

Just hopefully we get well compensated.
If Ladhams is willing to stay for a 2-3 year contact, then give it to him. Opportunity and money is elsewhere, but if all is to be believed, he'd prefer to be here.

They need to get it done ASAP or north or someone will offer a godlike offer, like the saints are offering Draper. If that happens ya can’t blame him for going

Yep. This is exactly how we lost Polec. Make our best offer now and get him signed up before someone else makes an offer better than our best one.