Preview Round 17, 2019: Hawthorn v Fremantle, 13 July 2019, 2.10pm @ York Park featuring the return of Grant Birchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youngest AA since Mark Ricciuto and was there twice by 22, harder to make a case that he isn't a superstar.

No superstar, absolutely ridiculous to suggest that.. just because he has been AA does not entitle him to forever superstar. Chad is a very good player with all the talent in the world, let’s see him produce more often before throwing around labels.

Gunston has been quite poor imo. Getting thrown around isn’t an excuse for him not having impact on games either, especially a guy with his talent and running capabilities, in fact, he should be racking up 25 disposals as a intercept defender or a utility. This is a good break for him, one he’s needed from early on in the year so no biggie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 17 TEAM
Hawthorn v Fremantle
Saturday 13th July, 2.10pm
UTAS Stadium
B:
Tim O’Brien, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Ben Stratton, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Ricky Henderson, Daniel Howe, Liam Shiels
HF: Luke Breust, Chad Wingard, Paul Puopolo
F: Conor Nash, Mitchell Lewis, Jarman Impey
R: Ben McEvoy, Jaeger O’Meara, Isaac Smith
INT: Grant Birchall, Tom Scully, James Worpel, Oliver Hanrahan
Emer: Harrison Jones, Conor Glass, James Cousins, Jonathon Ceglar
In: Birchall, Wingard
Out: Glass (omitted), Gunston (injured)

Great to have Birch and Chad back. Will temper my expectations of both but hopefully both can contribute to a good win.

Howe to Fyfe and Stratts to Walters. Limit those 2 and we are long way towards winning.

Assuming this hasn't been a new incident with Gunston, and it's more of just giving him a rest from the injury he's been carrying all year?

2 out of 3 ain’t bad tommyk72 👌🏽

Not sure this is the smart move for Timmy's ongoing development. Whilst he's improving, I reckon he's still a bit fragile. He is doing well and building confidence down back. He did great up forward during the final quarter, but I wouldn't be rushing to put him there full time.

I think Gunston is playing injured/ragged. He is still doing a heap of moving all over the ground, but just not as effective as he might be. I'd nearly prefer to rest Gunston and bring in Ross for a game (even if he is scrawny - give him a feel).

I wonder whether Clarko thinks we're any chance of finals?
Agreed about resting Gunners. I really don't think he has recovered from the ITB he had at the start of the season and you can see it with his kicking routine but more importantly he's not even jumping in marking contests. If he's hurt then rest him and bring in Ross.

In: Wingard Birchall Ross
Out: Glass(omitted) Nash (team balance) Gunston (rest)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Birchall, O’Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Wingard, Ross, Burgoyne

F: Breust, Lewis, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Scully, Howe, Hanrahan, Impey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back