No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
He was dropped. They just don't want to come out and say it as he's been a good player for them over many years.

I wish someome at Adelaide could "manage" Richard Douglas.
Yeah, "manage" to push him out the door. Sorry Douggie, I used to love you, but my team means more to me than you... so bye.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Probably 4 weeks later than it should have been

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Got to laugh at a carlton supporter and a port supporter polluting the hugh greenwood thread on the main draft board calling hugh a c grader and worth no more than pick 49
Well currently Hugh wouldn't get a game in Ports midfield..... and Carlton do know a C grader when they see one.

TBH they aren't far off, at his best he's a solid B but he's not performing close to that now.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well currently Hugh wouldn't get a game in Ports midfield..... and Carlton do know a C grader when they see one.

TBH they aren't far off, at his best he's a solid B but he's not performing close to that now.
I'll take b grader..as for port i did the footywire stats comparison and he is gaving a better year than both ebert and powel pepper. But i disagree with your carlton analysis..they take good players and MAKE them c graders

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
AFL should just make the first 10 picks sacrosanct. That covers the teams that didn't make finals (or traded cleverly with such a team). Give a PP at 11 but the team awarded it MUST trade it for a player.

The whole idea that drafting a young gun even @ 1 suddenly solves your problems is absurd.

Trading 11 gets you a genuine,proven player.

The team is also awarded an end of first round PP the year after (19) They can either use it or trade it.

Using something like this means that clubs who trade for the following draft are somewhat protected whilst the pick itself comes in the draft after next.

And as any Carlton supporter will tell you right now, 11 and 19 is totally worth #2 right?
The AFL are extremely keen to at least keep the first 2 round selections in the ND "uncompromised"

GC in particular would benefit more from assistance in other areas

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
For those of you saying the AFL won't give GC a PP at the top of the draft because we made the trade first. Cast your minds back to the trade of Sugar Kane Johnson to Richmond, where due to the Carlton penalties we were denied pick 2 and had to settle for pick 4. Both Richmond and the Crows went on record to say, if they had known about the penalties they would have not agreed to doing the trade.

If, this happens it'll be exactly the same scenario. People wonder why I loathe VFL House. Nothing more than a bunch of pondscum.

Neither GC nor Bloos deserve any aid this year. They received players from the state leagues last year, why should they keep getting help year after year. Oh and what did the bloobaggers do? They promptly traded those players. GC at least held onto theirs.

Last edited:

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So.... Mitch McGovern gets managed so I go into the draft board and find the Mitch McGovern trade thread.

I simply suggest he has been dropped and not managed, a few other comments come along. Nothing bad as far as I could see.

Now all of a sudden that thread doesn’t exist anymore. These guys are pathetic

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
“Managed” as in, “I can’t believe a guy we’re paying $750k/year has managed to do so little this year.” :D

Maybe they mean managed, like he bought his own KFC franchise and now he’s a manager?

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting comment from Teague that McGovern just isn't fit enough, I don't think that would surprise anyone here, his preseason was interrupted, but there is an element of attitude and weakness for KFC (who doesn't TBH - Remember Jumping Jai at the Sydney Olympics had a few smokes and KFC before Silver medallist in the triple jump?? Champion).

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back