Votes: 26 26.3%
  • The Fog plays in the firsts!

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • TYson Stengle debuts!

Votes: 57 57.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jenkins will be fine once he gets his confidence back against a s**t side. We saw how good his form was against good sides pre injury.

Mackay and Murphy I agree on. Betts needs a rest soon, but is still best 22. Atkins is far from our worst right now.
Why is everyone saying that betts needs a rest. Hell we just got back from our bye week. Wasn't that a rest. Or perhaps people want to give him a 4 week break.

It easy to get the wrong idea about Wilson if you spend too much time looking at his stats. He's nowhere near AFL level and I'm surprised he didn't get delisted at the end of 2018.
Yeah, well I've watched almost every SANFL game he's played since we recruited him from Sturt and if he's not capable of contributing far more on a regular basis if given a couple of AFL games to get up to the pace than David Mackay and the 2019 version of Richard Douglas I'll stand f'ing.

Why is everyone saying that betts needs a rest. Hell we just got back from our bye week. Wasn't that a rest. Or perhaps people want to give him a 4 week break.
His getting on. If he plays on next yr you'd have to think he won't play every game.

Pretty limp changes. I feel like we're being collectively gaslit to see this selection as positive purely because it's not as bad as it could have been (eg Douglas remaining in).

What role is Stengle going to play? Unless we're changing to a mosquito fleet forward line structure I don't understand how him, Betts and Murphy are all meant to function in the same team.
Would be nice if we did try that forward setup.

By and large we did with Dougy too, he just isn't a forward. Reckon Murphy plays purely as a defensive stopper

They played a great game....... If you combine the good halves from the Geelong and Port games.

On balance who would you drop though ?? Sloane is co-captain thus probably unstoppable, and both Crouch brothers have been very good all season up until Saturday.

Greenwood was in my sights, Douglas obviously is gone. The names are still good, but the setups are seeing us smashed.

I agree with you in saying all that, but I just don't know which way to go.
Midfield is a tougher fix. We badly need CEY back in there but he's injured. We need another big body. If that wasn't the case we would have probably recalled Jones by now. Greenwood's probably next best option to CEY but his form has been pretty poor. I would have liked to see McHenry get a game but the club waited too long and now he's got niggling injuries that are common later in the season with first year players.

We are too optimistic, he's the too the other way.

It's finding a balance.

Richmond have close to 100K members after 40 years of ineptitude that nearly saw them fall off the planet. Every situation is salvageable, but I'm not sure we even see the problem yet.
Nothing like an internal 'review' to keep the problems hidden from view

Hoping stengle breathes some life into Eddie. He's been down since Charlie left.

The cuzzy bros will be lit on Saturday.

Be good to see Eddie, Murphy and stengle buzzing around.

Yeah, well I've watched almost every game SANFL game he's played since we recruited him from Sturt and if he's not capable of contributing far more on a regular basis if given a couple of AFL games to get up to the pace than David Mackay and the 2019 version of Richard Douglas I'll stand f'ing.
I like Wilson. I've watched him play for ages too. I had high hopes for him but his one game in the AFL was really bad. I admit he was unlucky to come into the team when he did though. That team we selected against Hawhorn was one of the weakest sides we've fielded in the modern era, on account of injuries.

It easy to get the wrong idea about Wilson if you spend too much time looking at his stats. He's nowhere near AFL level and I'm surprised he didn't get delisted at the end of 2018.
The fact he didn't means we needed to have a look at him. I'd much rather have him in the side than Mackay or even Greenwood in current form.

Jones too, surely he can't be far away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it’s taken the coaches 4 games to realise what some Big Footy numpties knew before he played one game, he’s done.
I get they gave him a game, his 2 games in the SANFL were solid.

But it should have been "Yeah sorry Dougy you're not at that level anymore" after one MAYBE 2 weeks.

Normally im on the non-selection bandwagon. But this week im not sure who else would make us better, especially through the midfield where we got a touch up. Jones stats werent great. Gibbs needs a block of form. Wilson will only ever be a good sanfl player. McHenry injured. Unfortunately we need to wait until Jones, McHenry, Scholl and Hamill are knocking the likes of Mackay and Atkins out the side. At the moment they arent.

"You need to look at the balance of all elements to the game. We loved that Stengle kicked 7 goals on debut, but we pride ourselves on being a contested team, and he just didn't apply enough pressure around the ground. Douglas has shown over many years that he's capable of bringing pressure, and that's why we've brought him back to face Essendon this week"

- Scott Camporeale, after selection next week
Gold!

You really miss the Point, Not drawing compassion between Pyke and Blight,
I am Drawing compassion between supporters back then and supporters today,
I am having a go at the wingeing complaining supporters who seem to grow an extra leg when the Crows lose and make it there sole purpose to make all around them miserable. The Crows losing to Port was bad enough.
The Crows supporters in 97 had just come off some shitty years and we started poorly, lost to Port, of course there was going to be unhappy supporters. We can’t all be content with failure.

But your original post tried to compare the complaints now and those with Blighty, Blighty developed a side based on youth and he achieved success in his first year. Don has been coach for 3 years and he’s got oldmanitis, we’ve just come off a disgraceful performance with the oldest side in the comp.

Complaints are justified.

Deflecting bullshit posts aren’t.

Why ?? You don't reckon he was filthy with last week ??

He doesn't select the side.
Walker was lying when he said "If you dish up stuff like that in the second half, everyone should be on the table." Crows fans who have been paying attention to team selection know this is not really how the club is actually run. I know Tex kind of has to say things like that after a bad loss but it feels pretty hollow when you know empty that statement is.

They played a great game....... If you combine the good halves from the Geelong and Port games.

On balance who would you drop though ?? Sloane is co-captain thus probably unstoppable, and both Crouch brothers have been very good all season up until Saturday.

Greenwood was in my sights, Douglas obviously is gone. The names are still good, but the setups are seeing us smashed.

I agree with you in saying all that, but I just don't know which way to go.

Drop Atkins and Mackay.
Smith goes to half back to replace Mackay.
Greenwood and Milera into the middle much more.
Sloane and Brad to play more outside.
More rotations through different midfield positions.
Gallucci stays.
Jones and Davis in.
Stengle replaces Douglas on top of that.

In other words I'd drop Atkins from the midfield and give everything a huge shake up PLUS dropping other players who shouldn't be there so everyone is in their correct position

Back