Preview Round 17: Changes Vs Hawks + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know which of the emergency's travelled..?
Hoping for a late change ...Crowden (20yo with upside) for Collier (28yo spud)

Crowden was average to say the least, can't follow the outrage at his omission .. Cant understand why Colyer is stll in though. Logue out is also hard to follow but Hughes does use his body though. Certainly can give an almighty bump. Nyhuis is over due for a call up, glad for him. If SHill cuts loose it will be a masterstroke, if not more fodder for the coach killers.

And yet again we rush Hill back. Terrible decision, Crowden stiff to be dropped, was one of the only ones who tried last week. God this "rebuild" pisses me off at times. You don't play finals when you've still got spuds like Colyer in the team and you're rushing your good players like Hill back.

Amazingly i always forget that criticism is banned on this site, that’s my fault really.

Are you happy with the selections lately? Do you foresee Sandi being part of our next flag tilt? Better long term prospect Colyer or Crowden? Long term we like Cerra as a defender yeah?
Surprised by a couple of the outs actually. My yawn was over the 'being accused of being a Freagle' bit. Can't we just have a thread about footy without the bickering and cheap shots amongst each other.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont know why people are talking about Sandi and rebuild in the same sentence. I'm pretty sure Darcy was cooked and needed a week off to receover. He didnt look the same from that rib injury he copped mid game against Melbourne and he was needed a rest. He was legitmately managed and rather then play Jones (who is average), they played Sandi.

Darcy has recovered and they immediately bring him back. makes sense to me

I dont know why people are talking about Sandi and rebuild in the same sentence. I'm pretty sure Darcy was cooked and needed a week off to receover. He didnt look the same from that rib injury he copped mid game against Melbourne and he was needed a rest. He was legitmately managed and rather then play Jones (who is average), they played Sandi.

Darcy has recovered and they immediately bring him back. makes sense to me
It looked to me like they were concerned with Lobb having to ruck the whole game solo.

Just can't understand the changes. Just don't know how they can single out one or two players when the whole team played rubbish. Unless Logue is sore there's just no way he should have been dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty flat by those changes at least expected a statement at the selection table I think the fans deserve that.

I don't reckon Logue has been doing the stuff he is supposed to in defence . Hawks going small gave them opportunity to send a message to him and others to stick to the way club wants to play when bringing the ball out of defence ... we'll see how he responds I guess

Trust club has more of an idea than us

Was Logue the only one that got towelled up against WC?
Scham it's like banging you head against the wall, effort over talent, players out of position. The players I question
about, Swita, playing the Deboer, Barlow forward role, goals?
Banfield, even Crowden the same.
Langdon forward? At least we could look at Wilson, Duman, Hughes? Carter included now on a wing.
Is SHill really ready?
Cerra, Blakely midfield?
Mundy part time mid/HB or HF.
Fyfe mid/forward?
Logue, is the only big we have, Nyhius, Hughes, are not key position.
Colyer is another D Pearce, handy depth.
Walters, we need goals, long season, midfield bursts only.
With Hogan, Tabs, Cox out, I would play Matera, Langdon, Walters, maybe look at Schultz, etc, anyone
scoring at Peel.
Against the Hawks poor skills, you are already on the back foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back