Preview Round 17, 2019: Hawthorn v Fremantle, 13 July 2019, 2.10pm @ York Park featuring the return of Grant Birchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROUND 17 TEAM
Hawthorn v Fremantle
Saturday 13th July, 2.10pm
UTAS Stadium
B:
Tim O’Brien, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Ben Stratton, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Ricky Henderson, Daniel Howe, Liam Shiels
HF: Luke Breust, Chad Wingard, Paul Puopolo
F: Conor Nash, Mitchell Lewis, Jarman Impey
R: Ben McEvoy, Jaeger O’Meara, Isaac Smith
INT: Grant Birchall, Tom Scully, James Worpel, Oliver Hanrahan
Emer: Harrison Jones, Conor Glass, James Cousins, Jonathon Ceglar
In: Birchall, Wingard
Out: Glass (omitted), Gunston (injured)

Send Howe straight to Fyfe to attach himself to him like a leech. The same to happen with Stratts on Walters. Shutting those 2 down will go a long way to winning IMO.

Last edited:
Gunston out with leg soreness according to Channel 7
Assuming this hasn't been a new incident with Gunston, and it's more of just giving him a rest from the injury he's been carrying all year?
Hasn't Gunna being playing with tight ITBs all season. Issue is probably tracking related and he just can't get right.

Great to see birchall back!!

Now on with the fwd line selection do they expect M.lewis to compete against the best and 2nd best tall this week. I don't want to here any complaints from anyone regarding his performance. If he brings the ball to ground and clunks a few I'm happy
A lot of presurre for a young kid the next tall option is nash who plays as a small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis and Nash going to have tough matchups against Hamling, Ryan and Logue. They're going to need to compete hard, if they can do a decent job that's a great effort from the young boys.

Suspect blakely to breust,

Will be interesting to see who Wilson takes, may try to peel off Hanrahan and provide an intercept mark for the long ball.

Gunners has never really looked 100% for the whole season, so I'm not shocked to see him finally miss a week.
One of our straight shooters on here shot me down early on in the season as I suggested he was close to being omitted one week because he was being managed and playing injured.

Next minute tonight he says the same thing and says he's being managed and had been playing injured all season.

Go figure.

Lewis and Nash going to have tough matchups against Hamling, Ryan and Logue. They're going to need to compete hard, if they can do a decent job that's a great effort from the young boys.

Suspect blakely to breust,

Will be interesting to see who Wilson takes, may try to peel off Hanrahan and provide an intercept mark for the long ball.

Logue got dropped

I'm happy that Birch has finally been recalled to the seniors after so long.

Gunners out is a concern, I know he's been playing sore but I'm worried as to who will actually play the CHF role.
Wings is named there but way too short for the role.
Last time in Tassie Gunners kicked a bag, Lewis should do well, Nash a tall who is learning;
will TOB or Sicily go forward or someone else.

Anyone else concerned or do we just crumb around Lewis and pinch hit on rotating players around.

I am pleased Birch is back!

Gunners has never really looked 100% for the whole season, so I'm not shocked to see him finally miss a week.
Word was that he would’ve been managed earlier in the year with a couple of others, but we had Burgoyne, Shiels and McEvoy already in the stands for long periods, while we were still trying to settle into the season.

With Birchall back now I want to see Burgoyne spend the rest of the season in the midfield.
That sort of thing is behind him. He’s old.

I'm happy that Birch has finally been recalled to the seniors after so long.

Gunners out is a concern, I know he's been playing sore but I'm worried as to who will actually play the CHF role.
Wings is named there but way too short for the role.
Last time in Tassie Gunners kicked a bag, Lewis should do well, Nash a tall who is learning;
will TOB or Sicily go forward or someone else.

Anyone else concerned or do we just crumb around Lewis and pinch hit on rotating players around.

I am pleased Birch is back!
Got a feeling we'll run with Lewis and Nash, and the small fleet of Breust, Chad, Poppy, Ollie, and Burgoyne. Enough fire power there to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back