List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters
Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
The one you supposedly apologised for is a good place to start.;)
Excuse me? What part of that was something that I personally made up about him?

Are you seriously defending what he did? You’re on the wrong side of this one. Seriously consider your stance here.

Wanna respond to the second question? You’re gonna stop making crap up about other posters now yeah? If so, we can move on.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Excuse me? What part of that was something that I personally made up about him?

Just maybe the part where you stated his alleged indiscretions was effecting his coaching this season. The one you conveniently deleted. Short memory.
You certainly flip flop all over the place
And you're calling me out ,really.:rolleyes:

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
s**t, I forgot this was a public forum and not some weird insight into two posters PMs...
Well that's kind of my point. Backwards and forwards bickering between posters on nothing really to do with football or the thread should be best left to PM's. Or else just leave them to it, not jump in and make it worse.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
Correct i was in that boat with him, we seemed stagnant in how we were playing, however Simmo made significant changes to the way he coached in game style and player selection, they are on record in saying they picked players for specific roles, did not try and turn a midfielder into a defender , and also moved on some assistants a well, in his time as coach we have regularly had new coaches come in. This when we were not going that bad and were still in finals.

Has Ross done this ?
Geez you eagles supporters are like Beetlejuice!....if we ever even mention anything about anything west coast, it doesnt take long for one to appear!!
Do you guys just trawl thru our forum?....

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just maybe the part where you stated his alleged indiscretions was effecting his coaching this season. The one you conveniently deleted. Short memory.
You certainly flip flop all over the place
And you're calling me out ,really.:rolleyes:
Except I never said that at all. You’ve completely made that up.

The exact post was: “New theory, are you Mrs. Lyon? How do you feel about the sexual harassment stuff”.

I deleted it because you pointed out to me it was irrelevant to the thread. Which is true. It was also emotionally charged and disrespectful to Lyon’s wife. I own that.

You’ve created this narrative where I said it was effecting his coaching. Just like you created the Sumich lover/relative narrative.

Perhaps just stop doing that?
Edit: Sorry got it slightly wrong with the wording. Here’s a screenshot. The quote wasn’t deleted, you can look it up on your account too. I’ll accept your apology without reservation.

DCC3A498-139E-4983-A70A-F1C129F65440.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Well that's kind of my point. Backwards and forwards bickering between posters on nothing really to do with football or the thread should be best left to PM's. Or else just leave them to it, not jump in and make it worse.

I was agreeing with your point.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
But this one:
You can't be defined by results - what does he actually mean by this?
Surely that's the sole aim? Improving results? That one always baffles me

I took it as meaning that you can't dwell on a poor result or it will lead to another.

Identify what went wrong, work on your flaws, and move on to the next session.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
I took it as meaning that you can't dwell on a poor result or it will lead to another.

Identify what went wrong, work on your flaws, and move on to the next session.
Yes, as a pro footballer you can't consider yourself a hopeless or failure (yadda, yadda) because of last week, you need to get ready for this week.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nothing is going to happen this year unless there is a major spill.
It will cost the club too much to part ways with Lyon and if they do, Rosich will be the one responsible and his position would become untenable.
That means he is going to back the coach to the hilt for at least another year so can’t see how a change will happen.

There was very little objection to Lyon's extension in early 2016 though. It was the right call, we had come off 3 consecutive seasons in the top 4.

If we win 7 or 8 games this year Ross is gone.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Except I never said that at all. You’ve completely made that up.

The exact post was: “New theory, are you Mrs. Lyon? How do you feel about the sexual harassment stuff”.

I deleted it because you pointed out to me it was irrelevant to the thread. Which is true. It was also emotionally charged and disrespectful to Lyon’s wife. I own that.

You’ve created this narrative where I said it was effecting his coaching. Just like you created the Sumich lover/relative narrative.

Perhaps just stop doing that?
Edit: Sorry got it slightly wrong with the wording. Here’s a screenshot. The quote wasn’t deleted, you can look it up on your account too. I’ll accept your apology without reservation.

View attachment 707395

Who was that post directed at? It was in reference to Lyon coaching Fremantle. Own up to your Lyon . Me thinks you protest to much.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
They should of been hurting after Carlton and showed us a response against WC in front of their home crowd. Looks like a lot (not all) are just here for the pay cheque.

You're implying that the players brought a lack of effort to the derby.

We got smashed out of the centre with Sandilands and Crowden spending a lot of time in the square after being out of the side longterm.

We won the inside 50's.

We kicked 2.19.

There are 90 point losses where serious questions need to be asked and there are 90 point losses where you can say that nothing went right and we were simply outclassed.

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who was that post directed at? It was in reference to Lyon coaching Fremantle. Own up to your Lyon . Me thinks you protest to much.
No. You’ve made that up. It was simply a poor potshot at another poster. Nowhere do I say it has anything to do with Lyon’s coaching this year. Nowhere do I say it’s affected his coaching.

Read the words actually said, not the narrative you’ve created.

You’ve really made a mistake here. Don’t double down.

In fact, it was a response to a potshot at me:

960EEFA0-E058-4353-807F-E37BF89DB564.jpeg

Last edited:

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross seriously needs a kick up the backside, thinks he can coast through as a mediocre coach in the current competition because our board and higher ups have no guts to do anything about it. Are we ahead of the rebuild? Yes. Should we be where we are though with this current list? Not a chance. The team we have is capable of playing finals and should be playing finals. Instead it's losing to Melbourne and Carlton and becoming the laughing stock of the competition yet again. Has Ross changed since 2015? I'd say he has, but it still isn't good enough the way we're going. I don't think we should sack him because we were applauding him a couple of weeks ago, but I expect better from this club and I expect results, which means I expect a win on Saturday.
At the start of 2019, prior to Round 1, when he had a fairly fit squad with few injuries, the bookies had Fremantle paying $4.50 to play the finals.
For those that aren't great with betting odds, to put it another way, the experts who make money out of analysing and predicting how good a team is, thought Fremantle had a less than 22.3% chance of playing finals.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Geez you eagles supporters are like Beetlejuice!....if we ever even mention anything about anything west coast, it doesnt take long for one to appear!!
Do you guys just trawl thru our forum?....

I read threads on all club boards, not just my own. I enjoy seeing how other supporters are viewing things.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I was thinking today what a huge loss Neale is.

I'm sure there's a few factors involved but Fagan being who he is would have been a big one.
Fair assumption, as is that the players who have come to Fremantle want to play under Lyon. But for perspective, didn't Hogan accept a reduced contract while Neale cracked one of the highest paid players list?

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Oh cool, let's gang up and get involved in a dispute that involves two other people.

Salim gives as good as he gets and then some.

Nice of you to be Salims white knight though.

You obviously haven't seen how people have posted towards me. Or maybe you have and it doesn't count because you don't agree with me?

Back