Preview Rd17 2019: Changes/pre-match discussion vs the *Scum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
L-Mac & Pittard are fairly interchangeable.
Luke is taller and heavier albeit not by a big margin but i think LMac's body work would be advantageous.

Ballsy? We are in good form! Nice way to mess with cohesion and synchronisation! No one can sit here and say the back 6 havent done their job. Josh bruce was on fire, he’d have kicked a bag on anyone, JMac is not good enough for this side and his petulant attitude is fair up his arse, “winning isnt important”, he should have been burned at the stake!
Ballsy precisely because he has made 2 changes to an inform team. Brad didn't even make changes when we were thrashed.

I have no doubt these changes are part of a plan for this game. I'm calling it early, excellent coaching.

Back in the time after everyone found out they had been using PEDs, but before WADA came in with their penalties, there seemed a real chance they might get away with cheating, so we started saying every result involving them had an asterisk next to it. Simple step to attaching the asterisk to the club itself.
Yep... basically they are a bunch of cheats & everyone hates them!!!
If we only win one more game for the year, boy I hope it’s this week

We have rated close to no 1 in afl for turnover diff since he’s been out. Watch this change. He is horrendous at turning it over. Full stop. Even when he led the afl in turnovers was picked each week. This creates the culture that if he does it we all can. He goes out and then the others start hitting targets. If he comes in and turns it over again must be gone. If he doesn’t good luck to him but we cannot tolerate a guy turning it over from hb ten times a game ever again.
Since I sat on the couch Australia has lost three wickets. Sorry everyone.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really? What's that? Played one half way decent game against the Pies?

I'm not saying he won't get one, but equally, this feels a bit like 'low standards' to me.
Has played 4 solid games against decent opposition and played well at vfl level.

I’m not saying giving him 3 years, just that he would be at least in the conservation for a new short term contract.

I’m sure this disaster would not have happened if Carl hadn’t gone on holiday.

Luke is taller and heavier albeit not by a big margin but i think LMac's body work would be advantageous.

Stringer isn't exactly stand, wrestle & overhead mark. He averages 1 contested mark per match

Taylor was very good again on the VFL and I’m happy he gets another run, as well as comfortable that LDU can have a rest and then come back.

Durdin unlucky and JMac lucky about the other switch, but if it gives us a bit more mobility, that makes sense. He didn’t demand a recall by any stretch, but if we want to take out a tall for a smaller/more flexible option, we don’t have a lot of choice.
Exactly this. Essendon forward line is not very tall... McKernan will need to chop out Clarke a fair bit because Clarke is sh*t. Brown, Laverde & Stringer are not exactly giants or big contested marks. We need the extra mobility & pace down back & we don’t have many other options to bring in other than MacMillan. Durds’ lack of pace & experience would get exploited this week I think.

Also LDU out is no great surprise, whilst he has had bursts in games & looks great when he has the ball, he seems to labour at times & can go missing for periods, which is to be expected... he should go back to the VFL & blitz em, come back in 2-3 weeks full of confidence!!
Taylor deserves his shot. The only issue might be a midfielder less than what we have been playing recently, perhaps McDonald or MacMillan push up and rotate thru a wing.
I don’t mind the changes

Jake Stringer...

View attachment 707165

You know that dead s**t saw Conor McGregor's s**t lion one and thought "I'm an alpha too...I'll get the same"

Thank christ he's half decent at football. I've come across smarter people in Alabama.

I've always maintained that's its a tattoo of shortstepell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our field umpires for this week are;
18 Razor Ray
26 Craig Fleer
33 Brent Wallace
EM 27 Andre Gianfagnai

FFS!

Scum

Out: Shortsteppel
In: Razor Ray

Harsh on Durds after a solid few weeks, but it makes sense considering there's no obvious match up for him this weekend. Considering our stocks in the VFL, McKay might have dominated, but like Durdin, there would be no match up for him this week, and then we're a bit short of options after that. It makes sense to bring in JMac, although I hope we see a much improved performance from him after the utter dross that he served up earlier in the season.

Excited to see Taylor back in the side, but a little disappointed to see LDU out, but I can kind of understand it. He's still got a way to go. Hopefully he goes back and makes it impossible for them to leave him out next week.

I think both LDU and Durds can rightfully feel a little bit stiff. Taylor clearly had a good game in the VFL last week with 8 shots on goal but from the reports I saw JMac was pretty average, especially in the first half.

Structurally I like us with a second genuine tall defender and Thompson plays on a smaller opponent. Durdin hasn't really done much wrong and I feel like he has at leastbeaten his man each week. His work going forward is more inconsistent.

I would hope that Taylor in and LDU out means that TT gets more midfield time.

Durdin wasn’t a bit stiff IMO

Got 3 possessions and 0 marks

Hope Jmac plays up the ground. I don’t want him anywhere near Fantastia or Stringer.
That’s an indictment in itself

Like macmillan’s a defender that can’t defend or tackle

Handicapped ourselves before the bounce of the ball

Just shouldn’t be getting a game

That’s an indictment in itself

Like macmillan’s a defender that can’t defend or tackle

Handicapped ourselves before the bounce of the ball

Just shouldn’t be getting a game
Why don't you go down there and give him a piece of your mind then hard man?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back