The Pelican Brief: Your one stop shop for everything NOLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the recap and that was a seriously impressive summer league debut from Hayes and NAW. Looks like you guys could almost have too much depth.

Lonzo, Reddick, Hart, NAW, Jrue, Jackson, Moore for your guard rotation...

Yeah I've pegged Moore as trade fodder ever since we picked up all those guards.

We actually need shooting, but it's going to be tough for many of those guys to play together.

Enough to change your mind about the pick? I hadn't seen much prior, looks great!
Not as yet. I want to see how he performs on the big stage first but he's an athletic beast. I still think he'll struggle in the NBA with limited range but he's got plenty of time on his side and plenty of improvement left.

It was a good start nonetheless. Better than I imagined and surprised me somewhat. Maybe I will be wrong.

NAW with another 26 points

I can get behind this guy.

Summer league is as summer league does, but to the naked eye he already looks like a keeper. Good call about his passing ability too, nahnah

Summer league is as summer league does, but to the naked eye he already looks like a keeper. Good call about his passing ability too, nahnah

I loved the fact we drafted him and I like him even more now. This squad is coming along nicely.

I had a hard time understanding why Culver is so much higher rated on the draft board, Culver may be better defensively but NAW has a much smoother jump shot. Both probably suited to playing as the pg or primary ball handler

I had a hard time understanding why Culver is so much higher rated on the draft board, Culver may be better defensively but NAW has a much smoother jump shot. Both probably suited to playing as the pg or primary ball handler

NAW's defence has been almost as encouraging as his offence too. Certainly no slouch.

Projects as an ideal third guard or 6th man in my mind. The Bobby Jackson role.

NAW's defence has been almost as encouraging as his offence too. Certainly no slouch.

Projects as an ideal third guard or 6th man in my mind. The Bobby Jackson role.
Yeah I think he is a decent defender, just Culver was arguably the best defender in the draft along... I just compare those two because they have similar styles imo

The Brazilian guy has been killing it, they should pull him out of the NBL and let him play NBA

Bobby Jackson was before my time... just... he was very much on the decline when I first got into NBA on NBA Live 05
Geez, I still remember playing NBA live 95

(Log in to remove this ad.)

were you a fan of the hornets back then?
Yea mate, went to an NBA game in 94 v LA Clippers. I was a massive Alonzo Mourning fan and still have his #33 Charlotte singlet somewhere. From memory LJ, Zo, Muggsy, Curry (Stephen's dad) and Burrell all played in that game. Won easy.

Yea mate, went to an NBA game in 94 v LA Clippers. I was a massive Alonzo Mourning fan and still have his #33 Charlotte singlet somewhere. From memory LJ, Zo, Muggsy, Curry (Stephen's dad) and Burrell all played in that game. Won easy.
always find it interesting to see fans that stuck with the franchise vs fans that stuck with the brand and now go for the new Charlotte Hornets

Was on super Nintendo and arcades. 2 on 2. Hornerts were LJ and Mourning. Could have been a third to choose from, I cant remember.
Was it Gill?

Bobby Jackson was before my time... just... he was very much on the decline when I first got into NBA on NBA Live 05

Bobby wasn't a natural passer tbh, he was just a shotmaker and defensive hound in his (pre Hornets) prime. Won back to back 6th man awards, so I guess you could compare him with the Crawfords and Lou Williamses of the world.

You mean you never had the joys of NBA Jam?

I think I have, not sure which one though

Everyone enjoyed this version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back