Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I kicked it out of the bed before I fell asleep 😴

Just as well.

Ponies are notorious for hogging the bedclothes.

3AW and MMM and others have a huge opportunity to pick up a delisted free agent.

SEN made a huge mistake getting rid of KB. Easily the most entertaining and funny football personality at that station.
IMV, It was a brilliant decision by Hutchy, KB is still living in the 1970's, everything has passed him by particularly football

IMV, It was a brilliant decision by Hutchy, KB is still living in the 1970's, everything has passed him by particularly football
KB is a quirky agent provocateur.

Hutchy is butchering his station it’s like cheap cask wine now.
Used to be bottled wine in the discount bin.
Not even that now.

Praise be.

May the lord open.

• The player profiles on the club website are updated.

Thanks to Aunt Lydia for organising this.

Under his eye.

35Daicos

Good to see! They still don't have Wilson for some reason, but a big step forward nonetheless!!
Has his own website.

He is number 48 so shouldn’t be difficult to place him on the website.

Be interesting who might get what numbers next season.

Obviously Quaynor will get a different number maybe 3 or 6 or ?

Noble will need a new number and probably Wilson will as well.

I had a weird dream last night.

For some reason I dreamed that Darcy Moore was working as a jockey during the summer and was doing quite well.

In the dream I kept wondering how in the hell a bloke who is 2 metres tall and weighs over 100kg could get down to the weight required to ride in the races.

I need Saintly Viewed to interpret this dream for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably a very useless bit of info but for some reason I thought about it today.
Over the last 30-40 years Collingwood has been fairly prolific at making grand finals. Unfortunately losing most of them.
Over the last 30-40 years Hawthorn has been fairly prolific at making grand finals. Wining the majority of them.
Both teams have been prolific in making Grand Finals over the last 30-40 years, but we have never met each other in one.
Silly stat I know but none the less one that I find interesting.

This is probably a very useless bit of info but for some reason I thought about it today.
Over the last 30-40 years Collingwood has been fairly prolific at making grand finals. Unfortunately losing most of them.
Over the last 30-40 years Hawthorn has been fairly prolific at making grand finals. Wining the majority of them.
Both teams have been prolific in making Grand Finals over the last 30-40 years, but we have never met each other in one.
Until last season Hawthorn and Richmond never even met in a final.

Considering all the hawks success and Richmond success in 60s 70s early 80s not even one meeting in a final.

So what you’re saying is that had we met Hawthorn in 1990 or 2010 the drought would still be going?

So what you’re saying is that had we met Hawthorn in 1990 or 2010 the drought would still be going?

Probably yes. Hawthorn had the wood on us even back in 1990. IIRC they thrashed us by 87 points late in the regular season, and half the reason we won that year is we somehow avoided Hawthorn in the finals. If it wasn't for 1990, Hawthorn would have matched our 4 peat having won in 88, 89 and 91. 1990 was a bit out of nowhere.

Probably yes. Hawthorn had the wood on us even back in 1990. IIRC they thrashed us by 87 points late in the regular season, and half the reason we won that year is we somehow avoided Hawthorn in the finals. If it wasn't for 1990, Hawthorn would have matched our 4 peat having won in 88, 89 and 91. 1990 was a bit out of nowhere.
Though in n 1989 we beat them in round 1 by 10 points at VFL Park.
They were super strong that year.
They beat us in 1990 in our poorest game that year.

We met Twice in prelim finals 2011 and 2012 with a win a piece.

So us v them in finals is not about hawthorn dominating us but actually having an ok record.

It’s funny how the feeling is they have the wood on us, but in the finals they actually don’t, not overwhelmingly.

We’d have beaten them in 1990 in the finals the way we played, same in 1990.

Last edited:
I was at that late season 1990 game.
Dipper was sublime on the wing. Gave Millane a bath.
Didn’t think we could go all the way after that day.

I was at that late season 1990 game.
Dipper was sublime on the wing. Gave Millane a bath.
Didn’t think we could go all the way after that day.

Lol your memory is playing tricks Millane had 29 disposals and 8 marks, Dipper was poor 10 disposals.

Pritchard had 31 and the main thing Dunstall kicked 11 and we went down to the tune of 83 points.

Then we turned around and belted Fitzroy and North by similar margins and the finals series is history. We did not lose another game after Hawthorn. Just the Eagles draw.

Hawthorn beat us in the final H&A round in 2010 from my memory. I think Beams missed a late shot to win the game?

Lol your memory is playing tricks Millane had 29 disposals and 8 marks, Dipper was poor 10 disposals.

Pritchard had 31 and the main thing Dunstall kicked 11 and we went down to the tune of 83 points.

Then we turned around and belted Fitzroy and North by similar margins and the finals series is history. We did not lose another game after Hawthorn. Just the Eagles draw.
Might have been a different year.
Certainly remember Dipper going full bore on us at Arctic Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back