Preview Round 17, 2019: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 13th July, 7:25PM AEST *NEWNES' 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that you, Gringo? ;)

You and Premo are my anchors, you guys pull up and I'm in trouble. Stay solid George. I'm a tantrum thrower, I fall back into dumb optimism as quickly as I lose it. If we get the full list back we aren't uncompetitive, just not giving finals a shake yet. North should give hope, a new coach has reinvigorated them with no new players.

You and Premo are my anchors, you guys pull up and I'm in trouble. Stay solid George. I'm a tantrum thrower, I fall back into dumb optimism as quickly as I lose it. If we get the full list back we aren't uncompetitive, just not giving finals a shake yet. North should give hope, a new coach has reinvigorated them with no new players.
I think it's more the fact that I just don't want to get my hopes up anymore. My heart says we'll kick 20 goals a game and average winning margin of 40 points, my head says we'll kick 10 goals a game and you don't win many with scores as low as ours.

I will still watch it and support, that's a given. But I am really worried about Saturday night. I don't think it'll be a 100pt thrashing like some expect, whilst we are no good we haven't ever thrown in the towel for a full game under Richardson before. I could easily see a 10 goal loss. I would hope there is a board meeting Monday morning if we get comprehensively thrashed though.

SaintJunior

All Australian
Mar 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
How do you figure that? Sinclair had 5 clearness from limited opportunity. He didn’t set the world on fire but he wasn’t close to our worst imo. What did Hind do for example, absolutely nothing but hot off a decent game he keeps his spot which is fair enough. I agree that white is stiff and Mackenzie is very lucky to keep his spot.
Sinclair is coming of a few weeks poor form and in my view has been nowhere near hard enough at the contest.

Has talent but is out of form needs to find more of the ball, kick more and be more aggressive at the contest.

Had the tools to be a jet but is miles off at the moment.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well the young blokes enthusiasm is starting to effect me (or maybe it’s all the racket from his room pretending to snag goals from every angle like his heroes) so put me down for a saints upset, Lonie to kick....5 no 6 in his return.

Gotta hand it to the kids, they have an innate ability to raise your spirits. Go on 'ya good thing 👍

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Give it a couple of weeks and the club will come out and tell how we've been happy with his leadership and that we want him to have a strong pre-season heading in to 2020.

Paying this guy $800,000 per year for 5 years...1 year wasted, 4 more to go. Yay.

A
Don’t forget the old ‘we didn’t sign him to be good for 1 year, we signed him to be good for a long period of time’

Absolute joke of a club with some of our decisions sometimes.

Don’t forget the old ‘we didn’t sign him to be good for 1 year, we signed him to be good for a long period of time’

Absolute joke of a club with some of our decisions sometimes.

Like Carlisle who is set to leave after 40 or so games in 4 years and taking home a huge pay packet. We aren't good at getting value from trades.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Our best chance of avoiding a blowout I think will be bad weather.
Should be praying for wind and rain.
Not sure about that Diehard. The worst loss I can remember in recent times was the 140 pointer against the Hawks at the G (GOAT’s first game).... and that was at wet as anything.

Sometimes wet weather shows up poorly skilled players even more.

I’m not sure what weather or what miracle I’m hoping for in this game, maybe someone should send Geelong to a Chinese restaurant before and they get a batch of dodgy dumplings??? I’m desperate at this stage :p;):drunk:.

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
I've just realised the bounce up time for this one even deprives me of a 'middle of the night match' excuse not to watch.

What the hell, I will sit in front of my computer wearing a crash helmet and holding a bottle of brandy. Bring it on :p
I'll be playing golf and will not consult my phone. Feeling very flat about our Saints I'm afraid. Maybe I will get a pleasant surprise.....but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back