Transfer discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we joke about him on here, but is Duncan Castles reliable when it comes to transfers? He's said we're interested in Dani Alves. Despite his age, it would fill an obvious need for us, but given the source I'm skeptical.
Duncan is a troll, nothing more.

Jod is just desperate for a transfer.
he-was-just-waiting-for-a-mate_o_1255843.jpg

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I know we joke about him on here, but is Duncan Castles reliable when it comes to transfers? He's said we're interested in Dani Alves. Despite his age, it would fill an obvious need for us, but given the source I'm skeptical.
I've only seen him linked to Barca and Atleti

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
This should be a fun negotiation.

Manchester United have been left stunned after being quoted £50 million for Sean Longstaff by Newcastle United.

Longstaff has surprisingly emerged as a leading midfield target for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but, despite having only made nine Premier League appearances for Newcastle, the Tyneside club have slapped a huge price tag on the 21 year-old’s head.

Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, is understood to have contacted Lee Charnley, the Newcastle managing director, on Saturday to enquire about Longstaff only to be told he will cost £50m.

That figure is way over double what the Manchester club are prepared to pay for Longstaff, who value the youngster at between £18m and £20m.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
I mean all mid table teams need to do really is sign young English players and then sell him after 2-3 years for 5-6 times what they paid them to fund their transfer strategy really at the moment.

Remember the days when 42M seemed like crazy money for John Stones for instance.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Bowler on his way to us on loan ossie_21 and Bradesmaen - thoughts?

I wonder if this is going to end up being part of a deal for Bowen going the other way..
Don't really know a lot about him. Plays for the U23 side, which isn't saying much because clubs seem to be treating U23 sides as almost a separate team by buying players to make that team good rather than actually for the first team if you know what I mean.

Bowler on his way to us on loan ossie_21 and Bradesmaen - thoughts?

I wonder if this is going to end up being part of a deal for Bowen going the other way..

Will be good to take the next step in his career, similar to Dowell who has now joined Derby County on loan for the season. Was solid for the u23's & especially towards the end of the season when the pressure was on to win the league. I think he might have actually scored the winner in a 1-0 game against the team in 2nd. Hard to follow the u23s but see results, hopefully he takes the step up in his stride as he'd definitely a class above at u23 level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back