Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would have zero issues with no trades this year barring getting guys OOC and unlikely to play with us anyway places they want to go to (Hartley for example)

So, categorically, who should we be discussing?
Someone who isn’t 29 still playing good footy, top 5 important player, stuck by us even after ruining a large chunk of his peak footy and still has 3 years left on his contract.

Facts are if he doesn’t want to leave we aren’t pushing him out the door.

Someone who isn’t 29 still playing good footy, top 5 important player, stuck by us even after ruining a large chunk of his peak footy and still has 3 years left on his contract.

Other thing is we don’t need to trade a player. We have two second rounders and a future first or second rounder to trade. Trading a 28 year old Hurley won’t get us anything greater a combination of picks we have won’t be able to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other thing is we don’t need to trade a player. We have two second rounders and a future first or second rounder to trade. Trading a 28 year old Hurley won’t get us anything greater a combination of picks we have won’t be able to.
Well, there's nothing like a 'fact' to shut down an opinion. Hopefully we go into 2020 with a fit and competent key forward and ruckman.

I reckon the battle will be to keep fantasia, draper and zerk-thatcher.
The latter two will be coveted by other clubs no doubt.

Well, there's nothing like a 'fact' to shut down an opinion. Hopefully we go into 2020 with a fit and competent key forward and ruckman.
Why would we need to give up a top 5 player to get one? Which Ruckman or Key Forward would you propose we trade Hurley for?

Zerk and Franga potentially both best 22 next year, Hooker can play forward if he has to. Lose Clarke and Get Ceglar as a free agent.

Our out and out Key Forwards on our list are currently Daniher, Smack, Brown, Stewart, Gown. Then Stringer, Hooker, Laverde and Langford can all play a similar role. Our list balance is pretty good right now, we don’t need any more Key Forwards, any more and we’re simply robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Why would we need to give up a top 5 player to get one? Which Ruckman or Key Forward would you propose we trade Hurley for?

Zerk and Franga potentially both best 22 next year, Hooker can play forward if he has to. Lose Clarke and Get Ceglar as a free agent.

Our out and out Key Forwards on our list are currently Daniher, Smack, Brown, Stewart, Gown. Then Stringer, Hooker, Laverde and Langford can all play a similar role. Our list balance is pretty good right now, we don’t need any more Key Forwards, any more and we’re simply robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Because, I think, Zerk and Franga are both potentially best 22 next year, and by trading in a quality key forward we could keep Hooker as a key back. This could allow us to make the most of the talent we have, given Daniher's a 50/50. I'm not interested in either Smack or Brown having the key forward role full time.

Also, because Daniher and Stewart are by no means certainties. I see two or three of Stringer, Laverde, Langford and Smack in the forwardline. TBell doesn't have the capacity to continue as the number 1 ruckman and Draper will need support.

I don't have a full knowledge of who is and isn't available. I realise we don't have a lot of currency for this trade period, which is another reason why trading Hurley is, I think, worth discussing. If it were me, I'd be asking about Peter Wright; gun key forward/ruck. Smack gives us depth. We would potentially look like this;

Laverde - Wright - McDonald Tipungwuti
Fantasia - Daniher - Stringer
Redman - Heppell - Smith
Francis - Zerk Thatcher - McKenna
Saad - Hooker - Ambrose
Draper - Shiel - McGrath

I/C: Parish, Langford, Ridley, Guelfi

I realise Wright is highly unlikely. Interested in your opinion and facts as well.

Don't think we need to chase any big fish this year, happy to take our picks to the draft and look at some FA options to round out our depth. Assuming Draper & Fantasia stay of course.

Sier / Brodie are both worth a look as players that are likely obtainable for a 2nd round pick. We've got a number of young players that will want contracts of higher value, we've brought in Shiel, Saad, Stringer and Smith all on pretty reasonable money one would assume.

A Saad type trade would be ideal, picking a player who slots in with a skill set we need and can have a real role for instead of just whatever is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back