Scandal Mark Bomber Thompson Raided By Vic Police (Update pg 66: Charged with possession and trafficking)

Remove this Banner Ad

‘If’ Thompson provided information to Police and assisted an on-going investigation, when it came time to sentencing he’s provided a letter that only the Magistrates is privy to. This will assist with greatly reducing his sentence/penalty.

Haven't read a single post but here's my take.
A very chipper Bomber with a skip in his step failed the front bar sniff test as he left the court.
Guilty writ large imo. The vindicated innocent protest whilst Bomber gleefully fled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he share a lousy 14 mill a couple of years ago from real estate? Why would you sell s*** to make a couple of hundred G's?

I am in no way defending the justice system here. But I have a couple of friends who also received somewhat light sentences. One had 120g of meth + hundreds of benzos. Originally charged with trafficking a commercial quantity, he eventually pled guilty to just simple possession. Think it was a 5k fine and a 2yr cco.

The other guy had 60g of coke, 50g of mdma, couple litres of ghb. He also got away without a custodial sentence.

All I'm.saying is bomber's sentence is not far from the norm. Dont think he was treated better bcos he's well known. If u wanna get upset then direct it at the courts and their insufficient sentences.

I am in no way defending the justice system here. But I have a couple of friends who also received somewhat light sentences. One had 120g of meth + hundreds of benzos. Originally charged with trafficking a commercial quantity, he eventually pled guilty to just simple possession. Think it was a 5k fine and a 2yr cco.

The other guy had 60g of coke, 50g of mdma, couple litres of ghb. He also got away without a custodial sentence.

All I'm.saying is bomber's sentence is not far from the norm. Dont think he was treated better bcos he's well known. If u wanna get upset then direct it at the courts and their insufficient sentences.
Outrageous post : username ratio.

Sound like ripper friends, Shardman...

I worked with a guy who got 5 years for an ounce of meth.

exactly.

& what is the community benefit for locking people up for these offences (assuming it's their first go around)? There is none, just the opposite.

You'll all still be able to go out this Saturday night & get what you want with or without Bomber on the streets...

Outrageous post : username ratio.

Really need to donate to chief and change the name. Doesnt make my point any less valid.

Sound like ripper friends, Shardman...

Not condoning it. But in my community and workplace its everywhere.

exactly.

& what is the community benefit for locking people up for these offences (assuming it's their first go around)? There is none, just the opposite.

You'll all still be able to go out this Saturday night & get what you want with or without Bomber on the streets...

I think the problem is there is no real deterrent at all for those everyday dealers. Police seem to target larger seizures but less than half a kg, it's like a slap on the wrist. The only guy I know who went to jail only served 14 months for trafficking more than 450g of meth. If ur in Asia 15g is death sentence. And ppl wonder why there's a ice problem in this country.

courts using common sense then..... the sooner this stupid, laughable, waste of time, money and resources war on drugs ends and people learn from countries like Portugal the better.

But that would mean trying to shift the thinking of old fashioned, naive people that just feed off everything the media says.

Kids will see that and think they can do it until they get caught, pay the fine out of their earnings and then stop but by then it's often too late.
If 'kids' think that then their parents are ******* idiots.

Not defending Bomber mind you, he is very very very lucky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back