Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone convince me on this.. seems like another one paced midfielder that isn’t all that young and doesn’t look to offer much more than James Cousins. He can’t get a regular game at Adelaide and with Mitchell returning- there’s one less spot in the side for a mid, I just can’t really see who he forces out of our best 22 atm..

Greenwood is a forward, part time midfielder.

Top 10 in tackles, f50 tackles and f50 pressure acts.

replacement or upgrade on Poppy, won't cost alot.

We don’t leak mate. You should know that. I just find it funny that they say teams are watching him but they only mention us. Why is that do you think?
It’s because we’re the Big Scary Monster! Anyway, Cogs could be talking to another club, I was kind of implying that . Greenwood is not what we’re missing imo. We’re missing the Cake, an Alpha type elite leader/ footballer, not one or the other, reality is none of Gunston Breust smith or even stratts fits that category, we need players who have elite skills plus leadership and cogs may be one option but as I said a few months ago, there will be clubs coming in late for him , I believe there is!

............Maybe I just made all that up - but that’s how I see it going anyway. He’d make the team better, as opposed to simply being good on his own.

Ah the sign of a truely great poster is that they can make it all up and still make it read like a science based theory - Respect Brant 👍

Getting Greenwood would help take some of the heat off Mitchell and O’Meara in the midfield next year. Considering the success of Henderson who also comes from a Basketball background and was drafted at a late age too I think we should back the coaching staff given the recent strike rate.

It’s because we’re the Big Scary Monster! Anyway, Cogs could be talking to another club, I was kind of implying that . Greenwood is not what we’re missing imo. We’re missing the Cake, an Alpha type elite leader/ footballer, not one or the other, reality is none of Gunston Breust smith or even stratts fits that category, we need players who have elite skills plus leadership and cogs may be one option but as I said a few months ago, there will be clubs coming in late for him , I believe there is!
Dodoro. We know it.

I call bs on Greenwood.
I don’t think Hawthorn would let something like this out if it had any credibility at all.
Greenwood doesn’t look to fill a need or really upgrade anyone on our list in our best case 22.
So for me no... Not a Hawk next year

As for Clarko going to Adelaide to look someone, there are only a couple of guys that I think fit the AC mould of grunt & leadership & that’s Fogarty & B.Crouch... but there are no links as yet

EH is an interesting concept to add depth in defence & well within the mix moving forward.

Cogs isn’t a lock. There are way to many here convinced that he is. I suspect there will be heartbreak coming for some.
Massive $$$$ thrown around that will set him up for life.

I wouldn’t really blame them. The carry on by some one-eyed posters around here, if I was a supporter of another team I’d be sticking the boot in too. Taking emotion and hawthorn coloured glasses off there’s a very good chance of no Cogs and bringing Greenwood in I’d think.

We shall see, I'm still optimistic. What I will say though is if we fail on Cogs then I'll concede the Free Agency game just isn't for the Hawthorn Football club.

Someone mentioned above that there are other teams interested too BUT only Hawthorn was mentioned. Now keep in mind that we don’t leak unless we want things to leak so this could very well be Greenwood’s agent trying to spruke interest in his client. I’m not saying we’re not into him just that for all we know he could be like 7-8 guys we are looking at.

It also says 'AFL understands Hawthorn...' Which is code for it's been mentioned on BigFooty.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like Greenwood. Contrary to what some people think, I feel he suits us perfectly.

Mid-sized forward who can jump, and clunk a mark as well as rotate through the middle, loves a tackle and loves the tough stuff. With our real focus to get the ball into F50 and either mark it or stop the oppo from marking, he's perfect.

Coniglio is genuinely undecided, or hiding his desire to leave.
I am near certain that he hasn't ruled out leaving just yet because of the utterances of Cameron and the Giants' CEO.
We are right in this.
IMHO you don’t get to mid July and are totally undecided in where your going. You also don’t meet with an oppositions leadership group once let alone multiple times either. Star players have a fair idea of where their going by round 17 and if I had to guess he’s keeping his cards close to his chest because he’s a RFA. Annnnnd we wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had to guess then the basketball background matters a whole lot to Clarko. Basketball players are highly skilled in positioning. They know how to but on blocks (set screens) have great hand / eye coordination. In regards to Greenwood though he played underage footy at a high level before he had college scouts come calling for basketball. He’s not new to the game but it’s just the fact he had a choice in both.
Yep, Hodge and Roughead are very good basketballers as well.

I'd like Greenwood. Contrary to what some people think, I feel he suits us perfectly.

Mid-sized forward who can jump, and clunk a mark as well as rotate through the middle, loves a tackle and loves the tough stuff. With our real focus to get the ball into F50 and either mark it or stop the oppo from marking, he's perfect.

He’s definitely a Clarko type player. He’s tough, tackles, kicks goals, accountable both sides of the ball, puts on blocks and positioning is next level. I reckon the positioning part is probably the thing Clarko loves the most though and is the main reason why certain guys in our team get dropped every now and then. Like any team it’s detrimental to the way we structure up on defence.

It will be interesting to see what importance level he is on bringing him across.

This is correct. A-graders win flags and we are well short in this department. Flag winners usually have a minimum of 6 and we had 7-9 during our 3pete era. At a stretch we have 4 right now and the club will and should be going all-in to get Cogs and possibly someone else, otherwise, what’s this whole recruiting strategy in recent years been for?

Stress less guys. Bombers, Tigers, pies, cats don’t have the cap space, demons have other needs but have a tight cap, Saints Roos and Blues are all without a coach. Dogs could afford but I have not heard they are a realistic destination.

If he leaves I’m still told it’s the Hawks.
You sure about that? Think about fantasies with hookers and all that!

Players who were also a bit meh at there previous clubs:

Henderson
Ceglar
Hale
Simpkin
Guerra
McEvoy
Impey
Frawley

Mitchell 🤷‍♀️

McEvoy wasn’t regarded as ‘meh’ at St Kilda. He was touted as a future captain and we had to trade our first rounder and a player to get him.

So you get a better value, more reliable, more fuel efficient and cheaper to maintain car? And it also has more doors, seats and storage?

Count that as a win.
If that's what you want to win you a big game of footy, be my guest. It's like comparing Brett Kirk to Andrew McLeod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back