Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do people put too much stock in the look of the game and high scoring?
Low scoring games can still be entertaining.

In the past I've rolled my eyes when people jump up and down at the look of the game. It's really starting to bother me now though. Too many games resemble wet weather footy for mine. Lots of congestion, jam it on the boot, gain meterage. It's ugly, and often boring. Have always been against zones but it's almost time I think. The 6-6-6 hasn't done much beyond the bounce.

Brendan Goddard suggesting a bonus point system to encourage higher scoring.

Maybe a bonus point for scoring 100 points?

Still 4 points for a win, 0 for a loss

But 1 extra point if one team (or both) cracks the ton.

5 points for winning and getting over 100 points

1 point if you lose but score over 100 points
Watch all teams want to play at Docklands...

The scores currently are at the lowest that they have been in years apparently.
Gil thinks Steve Hocking is a genius... well yeah, anyone is a relative genius compared to Gil to dill.

Another Hinkley coaching story this morning. You have to give it to his management, they work the media well.

He is 50/50 to keep his job at Port depending on how the year pans out yet he appears to be the most wanted coach after Clarkson if you listen to the rumours.
The one positive of last week's game is Hinkley survives.

I would like to think it was a cunning plan by Pyke to get the players to kick poorly then give up completely...

The solution for Gold Coast is simple - relocate them to Tasmania. Solves all problems then we can lose C Jones to the newly relocated team. 😱😱😱
Gold Coast should be dissolved.
North play most home games in Tassie, but some in Melbourne along with many away games so they can multi-state members.
Merge or kill off weak Melbourne side.

16 teams of which only half are Victorian makes for a more even national competition.

Axe preseason & bring in proper 30 home & away season. 30 x 8 = 240 minor round games v 22 x 9 = 198 minor round games. So increased TV rights.

Expanded squads with a proper reserves competition & no player can play more than 24 minor round games, so no need for byes.

The biggest problems were players you mostly don’t mention - B Crouch, M Crouch, Greenwood, Sloane. Midfield was slaughtered.

That’s where we need to rebuild
More rebalance than rebuild.

Too many similar types.

Greenwood/Sloane need to play also up forward to allow the likes of Milera in to give us pace.

May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gold Coast should be dissolved.
North play most home games in Tassie, but some in Melbourne along with many away games so they can multi-state members.
Merge or kill off weak Melbourne side.

16 teams of which only half are Victorian makes for a more even national competition.

Axe preseason & bring in proper 30 home & away season. 30 x 8 = 240 minor round games v 22 x 9 = 198 minor round games. So increased TV rights.

Expanded squads with a proper reserves competition & no player can play more than 24 minor round games, so no need for byes.
Playing each other team home and away is an easy premise which sporting codes around the world follow.
They'd still stuff it up.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Moi. C'est moi.
Once again “vous” is correct

Happens all the time and has been happening since the kissed on the **** by the **** kissing fairies season of 2007 - hence 119

They got us playing the worst I’ve seen since .....
The last time they played the worst I’ve seen

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Once again “vous” is correct

Happens all the time and has been happening since the kissed on the **** by the **** kissing fairies season of 2007 - hence 119

They got us playing the worst I’ve seen since .....
The last time they played the worst I’ve seen
And where has it got them ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ultimately everyone wants to win, if we won a GF 12 goals to 9 i wouldn't care and nor would most I'd say.

However I do like watching free flowing footy like we had for most of 2017

Serious question

Do you enjoy watching us play 2017 style football if we don’t win?

I’d rather win ugly than lose pretty

Gil thinks Steve Hocking is a genius... well yeah, anyone is a relative genius compared to Gil to dill.
I thought the Fat Controller was a whole other level of corrupt and incompetent - and he was... but Gill takes the cake.

I thought the Fat Controller was a whole other level of corrupt and incompetent - and he was... but Gill takes the cake.
The Fat Controller at least was smart.

Gil is s a complete dumbarse.

Ravenous Crow

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Jarryd Lyons, Vikings
Collingwood, who made a grand final and are sitting in third spot, are debuting their mid season pick this week.

Would this ever happen at the Crows?

Of course not. We didn't even pick one, and you can bet we wouldn't play them either.
I don't understand how Collingwood could bring a state league player into their 22 when they haven't completed one AFL preseason let alone the two you need to be able to play at an elite 18th highest distance covered club.

I don't understand how Collingwood could bring a state league player into their 22 when they haven't completed one AFL preseason let alone the two you need to be able to play at an elite 18th highest distance covered club.

At our club they would never be fit enough. For all that running we do that keeps us 18th at running

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
At our club they would never be fit enough. For all that running we do that keeps us 18th at running
That alone tells you the mid season draft is a terrible idea.

Interestingly Snelling hasn't got a game yet.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Collingwood, who made a grand final and are sitting in third spot, are debuting their mid season pick this week.

Would this ever happen at the Crows?

Of course not. We didn't even pick one, and you can bet we wouldn't play them either.
Last week they played their first debutant of the year and are ravaged with injury, probably wouldn't use them as an example as such ??

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We've had plenty of injuries and Fogarty and McHenry have played a combined 0 games
We've played a debutant as well. They've also got a giant American problem they are keeping in the side for "structure". McHenry has been one of those injuries too.

They aren't that different from us really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back