Preview Rd17 2019: Changes/pre-match discussion vs the *Scum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you actually watch his game in the VFL on Sunday? He was terrible by anyone's standards.
JMac makes
Hopefully the instructions include stop pointing. You won't be playing as a loose man so stop your direct opponent. Give Polec some of the kick ins.
if they were his instructions against Sandringham, he didn’t listen to any of them.
The role he operates in isn’t currently required at senior level.

It takes an extra special level of s**tbloke to actively hope that one of your own players fails just for the "I told ya so" after the game. I sure hope I'm misreading the temperature of the room here.

While there's clearly quite a few posters who aren't exactly over the moon about JMac's return, I think the 'hope that one of your own players fails just for the "I told ya so" after the game' contingent is restricted to a handful of resident nuffies.

Unfortunately, as is so often the case, they are some of the most vocal on the subject.

EDIT: Ooops, almost forgot.....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thewlis Dish summed it up before but I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the selection committee given the last five weeks.

That would seem to be the most rational response. Go with the percentages, etc, based on Shaw's 'exposed form'. JMac's one of our own and we all know he's capable of playing good footy. No harm in backing him in.

And ****, even if someone isn't a fan of JMac's inclusion, using the odd selection decision as fuel to start doubting Shaw after what we've seen from him to this point seems a bit of an overreaction.

The problem is that this is what cost us dearly on Good Friday. We'd play tempo possession footy from deep defensive 50, which gave them lots of time to set up behind the ball. We'd be forced to kick long to a contest, they'd win it at ground level, and then they were off to the races.

I guess the difference this time is that Shaw seems to have adjusted a few things to give us a much better defensive structure when we have the ball, meaning that if we do turn it over, we're in a better position under him than under Scott to force the opposition into slow play, or better yet, tackle and cause a stoppage.

As you alluded to, the good news is we've seen a marked improvement in our work at ground level under Shaw. We're cleaner, better organised, have more numbers at the fall, improved (instinctual) decision making in traffic, and players bolstered by the confidence that comes with playing hard footy and employing a level of pressure that has the opposition second guessing themselves.

It's a small thing, but closely perusing the replays of our games since Shaw took over, I have noticed a higher degree of discipline wrt the smaller guys making sure they are front and centre at those 'long kicks down the line', and then hitting the fall at speed. Thomas has been particularly good in this regard.

While there's clearly quite a few posters who aren't exactly over the moon about JMac's return, I think the 'hope that one of your own players fails just for the "I told ya so" after the game' contingent is restricted to a handful of resident nuffies.

Unfortunately, as is so often the case, they are some of the most vocal on the subject.

EDIT: Ooops, almost forgot.....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would seem to be the most rational response. Go with the percentages, etc, based on Shaw's 'exposed form'. JMac's one of our own and we all know he's capable of playing good footy. No harm in backing him in.

And ****, even if someone isn't a fan of JMac's inclusion, using the odd selection decision as fuel to start doubting Shaw after what we've seen from him to this point seems a bit of an overreaction.

Shaw has made a massive error! This decision has the potential to utensil up all the hard work over the last 6 weeks and seriously put 2019 to bed. If you cant see that then you are the nuffy with a football IQ that could freeze water... also GFYS!

As you alluded to, the good news is we've seen a marked improvement in our work at ground level under Shaw. We're cleaner, better organised, have more numbers at the fall, improved (instinctual) decision making in traffic, and players bolstered by the confidence that comes with playing hard footy and employing a level of pressure that has the opposition second guessing themselves.

It's a small thing, but closely perusing the replays of our games since Shaw took over, I have noticed a higher degree of discipline wrt the smaller guys making sure they are front and centre at those 'long kicks down the line', and then hitting the fall at speed. Thomas has been particularly good in this regard.

Ffs start The Gd Thread this week

Shaw has made a massive error! This decision has the potential to utensil up all the hard work over the last 6 weeks and seriously put 2019 to bed. If you cant see that then you are the nuffy with a football IQ that could freeze water... also GFYS!

Haaaa trashing TOD; you got big basketball balls

Mate you could be right about JMac being a spud but it's a long bow to draw saying this selection could utensil up our season. There are other examples of decision making that are way ahead of this in season defining utensil ups, keeping Scotts on as long as we did and Garner deciding to snot someone being just two of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you could be right about JMac being a spud but it's a long bow to draw saying this selection could utensil up our season. There are other examples of decision making that are way ahead of this in season defining utensil ups, keeping Scotts on as long as we did and Garner deciding to snot someone being just two of them.

Oh dont for once think this is the ultimate utensil up, simply a utensil up

TT is going to have spend a bit more time on the ball, as we are carrying 1 too many forwards.
That may not be a bad thing.

Given * best chance of winning is their hb line I reckon our fwds are going need to put in a decent shift. Rotating 7 may be prudent.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

From first glance it looks like we have one half forward too many. Nice way to send a subtle message to LDU as well if this were the case.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

My sense is that the club has a very coherent and careful plan in place for LDU. He plays a batch of games, followed by a stint in the VFL where he works on specific deficiencies and returns to the AFL a better player. I’m convinced he will be averaging 22+ disposals next season, which will be great, given his ball use. In 2021/2022, he’ll be breaching 30 just like Jy is now - then watch out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My sense is that the club has a very coherent and careful plan in place for LDU. He plays a batch of games, followed by a stint in the VFL where he works on specific deficiencies and returns to the AFL a better player. I’m convinced he will be averaging 22+ disposals next season, which will be great, given his ball use. In 2021/2022, he’ll be breaching 30 just like Jy is now - then watch out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wait till he can start pushing off players and going thru them at stoppages. At the moment he’s using he’s feet to get around them. He’ll be a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back