Preview Rd 17 Geelong V St Kilda Sat July 13 @ GMHBA 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you have a link to that description?

No.. it was quoted again tonight on 360..it was from a 3aw interview...

The full quote on 360 was ...

A lot of coaches have a defence first focus... what you see now is because there is limited rotations , teams defend with the footy ...and of course teams are going to defend with the footy . Its a no brainer .. Matty Scarlett on 3AW

Big game for Parfitt - because in my opinion he has had a so so year

Not an excuse in the world for Geel this week - because - i just thought the Saints were just an average unit thats why they had been struggling etc - but looking at their board - theve been decimated by injuries - i read 12 or 14 unavailable etc - where as the Cats only have a few

Yep time for an old fashioned shellacking to wind back up again and finish off the year the way we started.
Some tough games on the horizon with hawks, and swans dockers and lions all away. This is a perfect opportunity to regain some form and mojo

Guthrie sits on the bench for half the game every week.
If he spends half the match on the bench, can you explain how he had over 70% TOG average this year - where does that extra 20% match time come from?

Does Danger play predominantly forward or mid?

Generally mid, especially through the first half of games - if he takes a knock or looks sore that's when he tends to spend more time forward, & more so in the second half of games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally mid, especially through the first half of games - if he takes a knock or looks sore that's when he tends to spend more time forward, & more so in the second half of games
Sorry i meant in the context of this game specifically after playing predominantly fwd last week with his injury.
Your fwd line seems pretty stacked this week so i'd be inclined to think he plays mostly mid but interested to see what yorl think

A lot of coaches have a defence first focus... what you see now is because there is limited rotations , teams defend with the footy ...and of course teams are going to defend with the footy . Its a no brainer .. Matty Scarlett on 3AW

In an uncertain environment the default approach will be caution and control.

The more the AFL tries to change the rules to force an aggressive mindset, the more teams and coaches will try to resist it. You won't get attacking footy until teams are confident their destiny is fully in their own hands.

Your fwd line seems pretty stacked this week so i'd be inclined to think he plays mostly mid but interested to see what yorl think
that's what I'd expect too. Back to the structure that worked best.

Needs to stay in the midfield. When was the last time he had a genuine impact playing up forward?

We need him much more in the middle imo.

Hi Guys,
Menegola....was he close this week?
does he come straight in or play in the 2's for some match fitness?

Big win coming for you guys this week!
I reckon 1-2 in the VFL. He won’t spend long there. Extremely fit human.

also surely Kolo is a late out, i actually assumed that Henry would be the late in as he is still an emergency despite being "managed"
I could see Scooter coming in though, not sure we learn a lot about how he will go though, cold wet night in Geelong against an a struggling side is probably as tailor made a situation as you can get for Scooter

Scarlett was interviewed on pre-game last week before the Dogs game and it was depressing to listen to, especially as it seemed to go against everything that's in the Cats bloodstream of playing the game.

TBH, I thought he said too much about our game-style, pretty much telling everyone how we will set up and play the game, which is also very reactionary. They prefer to see how the other team sets up, how the game unfolds early, etc. then go from there. It's no wonder we never seem to get off on a flyer. The Richmond game may have gone to their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back