Preview Round 17: Changes Vs Hawks + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Scham it's like banging you head against the wall, effort over talent, players out of position. The players I question
about, Swita, playing the Deboer, Barlow forward role, goals?
Banfield, even Crowden the same.
Langdon forward? At least we could look at Wilson, Duman, Hughes? Carter included now on a wing.
Is SHill really ready?
Cerra, Blakely midfield?
Mundy part time mid/HB or HF.
Fyfe mid/forward?
Logue, is the only big we have, Nyhius, Hughes, are not key position.
Colyer is another D Pearce, handy depth.
Walters, we need goals, long season, midfield bursts only.
With Hogan, Tabs, Cox out, I would play Matera, Langdon, Walters, maybe look at Schultz, etc, anyone
scoring at Peel.
Against the Hawks poor skills, you are already on the back foot.
Needs, more commas? And, question marks ? 😉

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Scham it's like banging you head against the wall, effort over talent, players out of position. The players I question
about, Swita, playing the Deboer, Barlow forward role, goals?
Banfield, even Crowden the same.
Langdon forward? At least we could look at Wilson, Duman, Hughes? Carter included now on a wing.
Is SHill really ready?
Cerra, Blakely midfield?
Mundy part time mid/HB or HF.
Fyfe mid/forward?
Logue, is the only big we have, Nyhius, Hughes, are not key position.
Colyer is another D Pearce, handy depth.
Walters, we need goals, long season, midfield bursts only.
With Hogan, Tabs, Cox out, I would play Matera, Langdon, Walters, maybe look at Schultz, etc, anyone
scoring at Peel.
Against the Hawks poor skills, you are already on the back foot.
Where’s Cox? Have a whole host of young players that can play a role sitting on the sidelines.
Cox, Banfield, Crowden, Schulz. Feel like they can all play a role and fit them into the team. Instead a Ross Lyon team must have its positions and roles.
The heck is Colyer doing in the side? Blakely at half back?
Even the forward line is small. Lobb as main forward then it’s McCarthy, Matera, Switter. If we have that forward line, then have to play with skill and accuracy. Instead last week played like Tabs and Hogan were up forward.
Please for the love of god, play Fyfe mid/forward. He really troubles the defenders. Such a waste using his height and elite marking in the middle .

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Where’s Cox? Have a whole host of young players that can play a role sitting on the sidelines.
Cox, Banfield, Crowden, Schulz. Feel like they can all play a role and fit them into the team. Instead a Ross Lyon team must have its positions and roles.
The heck is Colyer doing in the side? Blakely at half back?
Even the forward line is small. Lobb as main forward then it’s McCarthy, Matera, Switter. If we have that forward line, then have to play with skill and accuracy. Instead last week played like Tabs and Hogan were up forward.
Please for the love of god, play Fyfe mid/forward. He really troubles the defenders. Such a waste using his height and elite marking in the middle .
Cox out injured, but when do we concede that finals are slim? Prefer we start to look ahead and maybe we will win
a few, start to work on scoring ability.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Someone told me Logue was an "out" today, and said to him "Oh no, not another injury". When he said he was dropped I literally had no words.

I wasn't prepared for what came next: It was like I had no control over what was happening, and it was all in slow motion.

Before I knew it I'd sat down and slowly put my hands on my head, then my head on the desk, then my arms went all floppy like there were no bones left in them - my head tilted sideways and somehow my cheek ended up smooshed onto the table with just enough dribble coming out for people to notice, but not enough for me to be bothered wiping it away.

After what seemed 11 hours I summoned the courage to try some words in a vain attempt to return to normality. Alas, all that came out was a whimper followed by this horrible moaning, followed by what I'm pretty sure was a silent scream.

It was then I realised Freo had finally broken me.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
I don’t mind the changes. My only gripe would be if players are played out of position.
yay - Wingard and Birchall are back.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure what else we could have done TBH. Although I would have given Hill another week off rather than make him take the longest plane flight in AFL to play on the coldest most miserable dung heap on earth in sub Arctic conditions.
And maybe played Duman & Carter so Cerra and Blakely could play midfield where they belong & left Colyer out.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Evidently tall guys taken as a reach as a first round draft pick that have spent two years out of the game develop themselves

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I didnt mind some of the ins.

Bringing back stephen hill might not be a good idea. I reckon he is underdone. I pesonally would of given him one more week.

Saying that, I dont mind if he is a late out and Duman comes in.

Darcy coming back make sense as he needed a week off even if Sandi was underdone.

Sandi should play 3 more AFL games: All at home vs Swans, Cats and send him off vs Bombers.

Vintage

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
No real problems with the changes, except I’d have preferred Colyer out. But maybe his speed and experience will be worth something in tassie

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
No real problems with the changes, except I’d have preferred Colyer out. But maybe his speed and experience will be worth something in tassie
Possibly. I found it funny people bag out coyler to be honest. We traded a 4th rounder to get him. Its not like he is expected to produce miracle games.

5 goals in 5 games this year right? He has some good games and some bad games in both Peel and Freo. Essentially he is rotated depth.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
God so much this. It's almost become a religious belief in playing Cerra to... What? Not want to leave? Become Neale?
It’s like management is scared to drop or make him play for Peel.
He ll get on the phone to his father and say I want to come home? It’s clear as daytime that Cerra is being gifted games to buy in or stay loyal to Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I'm a touch disappointed at Crowden being dropped too, however, it isn't that ridiculous. Colyer is what he is. good occasionally, average to poor most of the time, but he has pace and natural attacking instincts. On paper, I can see why you'd keep him in instead of Crowden - but based on performance alone, yeah, Colyer is a strange option. Cerra for mine should be out before the both of them.

Logue, has been nothing special last couple of weeks. Hughes was meh in a bad bunch last week and had a terrible 5-10 mins vs Carlton previous otherwise has been reasonably good and a stable part of what was, up until a few weeks back, part of a very functional backline. Some of the winging on him seems hysterical to me.

What I am really pissed about is SHill in. With his soft tissue issues, in that icebox and Docker graveyard that is Launceston - I just don't get it. If he (re)does his hammy or whatever, I will be joining the winging with gusto I'm sure

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I'm a touch disappointed at Crowden being dropped too, however, it isn't that ridiculous. Colyer is what he is. good occasionally, average to poor most of the time, but he has pace and natural attacking instincts. On paper, I can see why you'd keep him in instead of Crowden - but based on performance alone, yeah, Colyer is a strange option. Cerra for mine should be out before the both of them.

Logue, has been nothing special last couple of weeks. Hughes was meh in a bad bunch last week and had a terrible 5-10 mins vs Carlton previous otherwise has been reasonably good and a stable part of what was, up until a few weeks back, part of a very functional backline. Some of the winging on him seems hysterical to me.

What I am really pissed about is SHill in. With his soft tissue issues, in that icebox and Docker graveyard that is Launceston - I just don't get it. If he (re)does his hammy or whatever, I will be joining the winging with gusto I'm sure
the general concensus is Stephen Hill should get another week off. After Sandilands being under done in the derby, People think S hill will be underdone here.

I dont mind Coyler on a wing or forward flank. Not as good as stephen hill obviously. But his body isnt injured or underdone.

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Eh pretty dismal really.
- Darcy in for Sandy -> why did we bother if it was only for 1 game
- Nyhuis in for Logue -> very unfair on Logue AND leaves us with only 1 KPD
- Crowden in for S.Hill -> pretty rough only giving Mitch 1 game so S.Hill better actually be fit this time (probably isn't knowing us)

At least Cerra is named in the middle. Lets hope he plays there.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
God so much this. It's almost become a religious belief in playing Cerra to... What? Not want to leave? Become Neale?

I don’t think it’s that as much as not wanting to play a top 5 draft pick in the seconds, it’s almost like admitting that the recruiters got it wrong.

There’s no denying that he and Brayshaw have been gifted games whereas those taken later in the draft don’t get the same liberties.

Sep 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Eh pretty dismal really.
- Darcy in for Sandy -> why did we bother if it was only for 1 game
- Nyhuis in for Logue -> very unfair on Logue AND leaves us with only 1 KPD
- Crowden in for S.Hill -> pretty rough only giving Mitch 1 game so S.Hill better actually be fit this time (probably isn't knowing us)

At least Cerra is named in the middle. Lets hope he plays there.

Darcy needed a break, Sandi could play.

Like Nyhuis in, agree Logue is unlucky.

Sorry I though Crowden was bad last week. S Hill if fit any day. I admit I’m a bit worried about the cold and his hammy.

Cerra lucky not to be dropped as well.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
I don’t think it’s that as much as not wanting to play a top 5 draft pick in the seconds, it’s almost like admitting that the recruiters got it wrong.

There’s no denying that he and Brayshaw have been gifted games whereas those taken later in the draft don’t get the same liberties.
It’s also about getting them to 50 games quick which is historically when young players come in to their own. Having said that, no one should be playing if you don’t deserve it.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle

Logue's a pick 8.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
In regards to Shill my work colleague was at training and said she hadn't seem him moving that easily in years... Might not mean much come game time but it's something

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
It’s like management is scared to drop or make him play for Peel.
He ll get on the phone to his father and say I want to come home? It’s clear as daytime that Cerra is being gifted games to buy in or stay loyal to Freo
As nurries says, I think they have been listening to purpleyes and are trying to get him to 50 games, and give us the best shot at finals in 2020/21. If he does want to leave then I'm open to trading him this year. Cerra and our 2nd for Kelly perhaps. I'm not writing him off or anything, and believe he will be a good player, but part of that is being where you want to be, especially for a young player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back