Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My view hasn't changed. As I said on here at the time and previously to that, we should not have social resposibility sponsorship. We don't need it and it is a road to certain conflict and tension. It is 100% certain that our players will transgress. TAC were replaced in any event as was every other sponsor that we lost or refused to pay the ask. We are Collingwood not Croydon.
But we would be Croyden, because we would be broke. Sponsors would desert us in droves.....if that were to happen I wonder who you might blame?

Bit extreme mate, and no l don't need to lose someone to know its wrong, it's general knowledge to know it's wrong. Unfortunately phones are a extension of the human body these days, so they are prevalent in our life. As l admitted, l take a fleeting glance at my phone whilst in my car, but only when its stationary, never whilst in motion. It's just human nature unfortunately to take a peek at your phone.
You ever drive mate when you have had one or two drinks? People usually drive in that situation because they think "l'm fine to drive", but their reactions and thought process are still affected by alcohol. That makes them a huge risk on the road, l'm pretty sure a few million Aussies do that most weekends. I don't drink, so l don't have this issue. The police always stipulate if your going to drive, dont drink at all. Do you fall into this catergory, Vanilla?

Phones are only so dominant because people are too weak willed to accept that life goes on if you don't immediately check them when they beep at you. Maybe people just need to get a life, they're a tool, nothing more.

So driving under the legal limit after having a beer or a glass of wine is now the same as taking a couple of texts/emails illegally while you're driving. Okay.

Phones are only so dominant because people are too weak willed to accept that life goes on if you don't immediately check them when they beep at you. Maybe people just need to get a life, they're a tool, nothing more.

So driving under the legal limit after having a beer or a glass of wine is now the same as taking a couple of texts/emails illegally while you're driving. Okay.

The vehicle isn't in motion, it's stationary. Pretty difficult to cause a fatality when the vehicle isn't moving. The ones who do cause the accidents are those morons who are on the phone whilst the car is in motion.
Same goes for a driver who has had alcohol, if you go by the police suggestions, doesn't matter if you have had 2 drinks or 6 drinks, in some way the driver is impaired. So is it ok to drive at all after having any amount of alcohol? Maybe it should be a 0% level of alcohol in a persons system if they intend on driving.

My view hasn't changed. As I said on here at the time and previously to that, we should not have social resposibility sponsorship. We don't need it and it is a road to certain conflict and tension. It is 100% certain that our players will transgress. TAC were replaced in any event as was every other sponsor that we lost or refused to pay the ask. We are Collingwood not Croydon.

All sponsorship is social responsibility sponsorship in this age of corporate social responsibility. All sponsors will have get-out clauses in the event that we bring disrepute to their brand.

giphy.gif

The vehicle isn't in motion, it's stationary. Pretty difficult to cause a fatality when the vehicle isn't moving. The ones who do cause the accidents are those morons who are on the phone whilst the car is in motion.
Same goes for a driver who has had alcohol, if you go by the police suggestions, doesn't matter if you have had 2 drinks or 6 drinks, in some way the driver is impaired. So is it ok to drive at all after having any amount of alcohol? Maybe it should be a 0% level of alcohol in a persons system if they intend on driving.

If they make it .00 then ill abide by that. It's not an issue for me, you're the 1 who can't control their behavior.

But we would be Croyden, because we would be broke. Sponsors would desert us in droves.....if that were to happen I wonder who you might blame?
Not sure how much work you do in the commercial world. Sponsors want to achieve someting. Social responsibility sponsors dont want the same commercial outcomes. We don't need them and we can't satisfy them. Players will trangress. That is certian.

TAC were immediately replaced. I know this because I know the replacement and it was a company owned by a died in the wool Hawk fan.
Our support base and the media obsession with us gurantees us a level of coverage that gurantees a base of sponsorship. What Eddie is great at over and above that is delivering what sponsors want. By that I mean asking them and then deliverring. I've seen this first hand. The TAC replacement wanted a couple of intros which were arranged and deals flowed from there.

All sponsorship is social responsibility sponsorship in this age of corporate social responsibility. All sponsors will have get-out clauses in the event that we bring disrepute to their brand.
It is 100% a value proposition. TAC want something very different to CUB. The social responsibility, like everything a question of degree. It we have 3 driving offenses a year none of our sponsors care. If we have 3 murders I presume they all would. If we win flags sponsors will flock. If we win spoons they won't.

It is 100% a value proposition. TAC want something very different to CUB. The social responsibility, like everything a question of degree. It we have 3 driving offenses a year none of our sponsors care. If we have 3 murders I presume they all would. If we win flags sponsors will flock. If we win spoons they won't.

You can’t use TAC as a proxy for all social responsibility sponsorship.

Jayden Stephenson gets busted for betting. The very next week the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation comes on board as a major partner.

You can’t use TAC as a proxy for all social responsibility sponsorship.

Jayden Stephenson gets busted for betting. The very next week the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation comes on board as a major partner.
Not a proxy, just an example. There are a lot of sponsorship options. I'd refer not to pursue some of them.
A few years back we lost over $12m on pubs/pokie venues. Now we are getting out of that industry.

You can mitigate the risk though can't you. We do get a choice of who we allow to sponsor us. And any corporate decision on sponsorship has to weigh $$ against risk. Having TAC as a sponsor is a high-risk, asking for trouble piece of crappy corporate decision making. Period! Can't see how that one could go wrong!

BHP on the other hand are very unlikely to give 2 f@cks if Degoey's dog drops acid, punches a guy at a bar and then robs a bank and drives the wrong way up the Tulla at 200km/hr. Probably doesn't impact their iron ore brand much really,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd showing how much Clue he has

Context matters, Dave.

De Goey made our midfield go from inept to ept tonight. Happy for him to keep playing that way and will be happier still when it’s Stevo instead of Crocker up forward with Elliott, and WHE is playing wing because Howe is down back.

Context matters, Dave.

De Goey made our midfield go from inept to ept tonight. Happy for him to keep playing that way and will be happier still when it’s Stevo instead of Crocker up forward with Elliott, and WHE is playing wing because Howe is down back.

Helped we actually had someone who can win a Clearance for Once made a Difference

He’s tracking to be the best Pie I’ve ever seen (since 2007). He’s just purely incredible. The spin in the tackle in the middle of the ground, then continues on and kicks the goal in the forward pocket. Delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back