Preview Rd17 2019: Changes/pre-match discussion vs the *Scum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not familiar with buying tickets - I go to ticket master and they all seem to be reserved seats, how do I go about purchasing a general admission ticket?
cheers.

GA is sold out I think, you need to buy a specific seat.

The Jmac debate might benefit from reference to actual facts; this is why he plays

View attachment 707654
All well and good, but rebound 50s also count even if you turn the footy over during said rebound, do they not? His skills and decision making earlier in the year were downright dreadful.

The positive though is that this was largely out of character for JMac, who, previous to 2019, has generally been a sound decision maker and kick. Hopefully he can return to that this weekend.

All well and good, but rebound 50s also count even if you turn the footy over during said rebound, do they not? His skills and decision making earlier in the year were downright dreadful.

The positive though is that this was largely out of character for JMac, who, previous to 2019, has generally been a sound decision maker and kick. Hopefully he can return to that this weekend.
Also rates highly for both intercept possessions and spoils, and has a contested 1v1 loss% of only 15 this year.

But apparently everyone else who was out of form before Brad's departure was a victim of the gameplan except for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also rates highly for both intercept possessions and spoils, and has a contested 1v1 loss% of only 15 this year.

But apparently everyone else who was out of form before Brad's departure was a victim of the gameplan except for him.
Yep, how we set up defensively under Scott placed too much pressure on the back six as we liked to rebound of half back but with the set up now of forward pressure and retaining the ball up the ground allows defenders more time to adjust and position. JMac was one of our transition players out of defence under Scott which I don't think was an easy job. We all bemoan one of his turnovers but most don't look up to see what he was kicking too. Yes he missed tackles but so did most of our team because there was no focus on it.

Our game plan has changed defensively that is now accompanied with a new aggressive intent at the ball and man so judging him before he's had an opportunity to play under these changes is just ludicrous.

We've seen clear improvements in other players so not sure why some just assume he will be the same player under the new system. If he is then I'm sure Shaw will attend to that but I think it's only fair he gets an opportunity before he is condemned

I am not a JMac hater but I was at the VFL last week and watched him closely. I don't think he deserved a recall solely on his poor second quarter where he made three errors in the space of five minutes, one of which cost a goal directly. Having said this who the hell am I to question the great Full Moon Shaw. Onwards and upwards and good luck JMac!

They also accumulate from playing on from kick in and bombing outside d50.

I thought that changed this year under the new kick in rules?
It didn't in the vfl stars from the weekend.
It makes sense for those play on kick ins to be recognised in a players stats. Reboind 50s should only count if effective as well.

I am not a JMac hater but I was at the VFL last week and watched him closely. I don't think he deserved a recall solely on his poor second quarter where he made three errors in the space of five minutes, one of which cost a goal directly. Having said this who the hell am I to question the great Full Moon Shaw. Onwards and upwards and good luck JMac!
Nah sorry doesn’t matter how poor Macmillan went apparently we should just be happy to give him a chance under Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back