Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our NZ distributor director just hung up on me the prick! He was annoyed I didn't reply to his email straight away yesterday, I said he should have called me if it was urgent (as I always say), he said he's been on the road all week and busy. I was halfway through saying surely it takes longer to write a 500 word email than a 2 minute phone call when i got cut off!

Probably a good thing, I was getting a bit angry ha ha. Didn't stop me calling back, texting him, ringing his office ("he was out") and emailing again!
Once had a customer absolutely tear a staff member, then myself apart over the phone for a similar thing (they messed up then we weren't fixing their stuff up fast enough - apparently). I told them I refuse to deal with them any further until they can behave in a professional manner, which evidently made them angrier so I hung up. Queue a phone call from head office were I said I wont deal with people talking to myself and staff like that. 5 minutes later got a call from angry customer apologising profusely.

Pretty sure it was Bill Burr that said as soon as you call someone a campaigner you've lost the argument.

Once had a customer absolutely tear a staff member, then myself apart over the phone for a similar thing (they messed up then we weren't fixing their stuff up fast enough - apparently). I told them I refuse to deal with them any further until they can behave in a professional manner, which evidently made them angrier so I hung up. Queue a phone call from head office were I said I wont deal with people talking to myself and staff like that. 5 minutes later got a call from angry customer apologising profusely.

Pretty sure it was Bill Burr that said as soon as you call someone a campaigner you've lost the argument.
Yeah, I had my worst experience with clients over the phone a few months back.

Was only trying to help and telling the guy what he needed. First time he lost his mind, second time it happened again, then the third call was him saying "Who are you, the police? You're ******* useless, put me through to your team leader."

I flat out said I am not dealing with him anymore over the phone. Told my manager I, nor anybody for that matter, should be spoken to like that. She was a bit err at first, then she was how much it affected me and agreed.

He got told by our CEO he is not to call and if something like this happens again he will no longer be part of our network.

tumblr_mkzygvrmR81snfbr7o1_500.gif

Well too bad.
Now retreat to your lair and continue your plans for world domination you utter utter bastard.
I just hope no black mercedes follow me home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I shake my head when people who vote Liberal get outraged when an aboriginal person from their football team or something is abused.

Endorsing systematic carelessness (at best) to aboriginal people is alright, but words can really really hurt and by gosh you just won't stand for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even more puzzling when people racially abuse an opponent who's aboriginal, yet their own team contains indigenous players. baffles me

same people probably say things like "no more refugees until we take care of our poor and homeless STRAYLANS first" meanwhile they have contempt for the poor

That is an interesting one. A very popular line used. Doubt as to if some or any of them say do charity work, or help homeless in some way.

Our NZ distributor director just hung up on me the prick! He was annoyed I didn't reply to his email straight away yesterday, I said he should have called me if it was urgent (as I always say), he said he's been on the road all week and busy. I was halfway through saying surely it takes longer to write a 500 word email than a 2 minute phone call when i got cut off!

Probably a good thing, I was getting a bit angry ha ha. Didn't stop me calling back, texting him, ringing his office ("he was out") and emailing again!

Maybebecause you didnt congratulate him on making teh world cup finals first up.

When people press 'reply all' instead of 'reply' for no reason.

It basically says, 'I'm so important I don't care that 30 people have to read my inane babble'.

a reply all is courtesy especially if the original sender copied in all and sundry. i believe.

a reply all is courtesy especially if the original sender copied in all and sundry. i believe.

It has it's place. Not in this case however: my staff member is organising a charter flight so sent an email to a bunch of people asking for 1) confirmation of their attendance, and 2) their weight so we can advise the charter company.

No need to REPLY ALL to everyone about your plans and your current body weight. No one cares!

It has it's place. Not in this case however: my staff member is organising a charter flight so sent an email to a bunch of people asking for 1) confirmation of their attendance, and 2) their weight so we can advise the charter company.

No need to REPLY ALL to everyone about your plans and your current body weight. No one cares!

spot on there mate.

wait, weight?

People who send BCCs are the worst in the email realm.

I don't mind the odd CC. You are telling me that whatever you are talking about might be relevant to me but I don't need to reply. And if you are addressing the email to me you are alerting me to who else is reading it. An email from me to a colleague for example might have our boss CCd so he is in the loop, that's fine. Just don't abuse it. Don't CC half the world, that isn't necessary.

But BCCs can * right off. You are basically telling me what you want me to read your stuff but you don't want others to know that I am.

In my experience there's actually very few situations where reply all should be used. Professionally at least. Socially is different.

Sometimes you need to reply all when someone gets all passive-aggressive and CCs in half the world to their moan / whinge / pointed question.

And then you feel bad for the innocent victims who got CC'd into that rubbish to begin with because now they have to read my thorough reply.

not every case

we had a lot of redundancies at work and HR sent a blanket email to all staff with the paperwork to be filled out and returned regarding redundancies, one person hit reply all with the paperwork filled out with their personal details on it, no need to hit reply all on that one

Sometimes you need to reply all when someone gets all passive-aggressive and CCs in half the world to their moan / whinge / pointed question.

And then you feel bad for the innocent victims who got CC'd into that rubbish to begin with because now they have to read my thorough reply.
Yeah I don't play those games. I trust that everyone passive aggressively ccd in thinks the person is as much of a dickhead as I do.

Even more puzzling when people racially abuse an opponent who's aboriginal, yet their own team contains indigenous players. baffles me

Does that happen often?

The most baffling racism I've seen is former LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling who didn't want his mistress associating with black people. Errrr, you own(ed) an NBA team fella. I doubt their roster at the time had more than 2 or 3 non black players on it.

That is an interesting one. A very popular line used. Doubt as to if some or any of them say do charity work, or help homeless in some way.

Let's not pretend being full of s**t is some kind of left/right, rich/poor or my party/your party divide. Everyone is full of s**t.

99.99% of woke "change the date"-ers like Bomberboyokay do SFA for ATSI people, the homeless, the environment etc. People vote Greens yet drive Prados in the inner city and take multiple overseas holidays per year. Yep, that'll save the planet. Much better to smugly judge swing voters in middle 'straya who think one major party will look after them better than the other.

When people press 'reply all' instead of 'reply' for no reason.

It basically says, 'I'm so important I don't care that 30 people have to read my inane babble'.

I’m the opposite - out of habit I only hit reply and find myself having to resend again this time including all. Have heard many a horror story about reply all’s and even include a spiel in our inductions in being mindful when responding to all.

I do agree though with the reply all to inane stuff

“Congrats to Quiv on being the new villain”

Twenty reply all’s later of “congrats quiv” has me wanting to tell them all to * off

not every case

we had a lot of redundancies at work and HR sent a blanket email to all staff with the paperwork to be filled out and returned regarding redundancies, one person hit reply all with the paperwork filled out with their personal details on it, no need to hit reply all on that one

Of course not every case.

What i like to do is reply to the sender.

And then forward my reply as an attachment to those who i did not cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back