List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr no, brown is one of the best forward in the competition in the prime of career, turning 27 in nov. Got 5 years at the pinnacle, no way we trade him. Larkey is only second fiddle atm. If bulldog is as desperate, they will be willing to trade. Didn't someone else said Adelaide is willing to trade pick 2 and 20 for larkey and our pick? If this is true, no way do we let this opportunity go by. There will always be another Larkey.

They wouldn't be trading pick 2 if there was always another Larkey!

If we thought Watson or McKay was already another Larkey and we could use pick 2 to secure Kelly or the like - maybe. But we don't.

Posted a few days ago about the out of contract group:

Goldstein (announcement)
Durdin (announcement)
Larkey (announcement)
Hayden (std. 2yr draftee contract)
Watson (announcement)
Wright (announcement)
Thompson (announcement)
Hrovat

Would also be interesting who from the 2020 out of contract group is worth rolling over early.

My priorities would be the bolded. Hopefully some of these start trickling in once the coaching situation is sorted out.

Wood (announcement)
Simpkin (announcement)
Brown (announcement)

Macmillan (announcement)
Higgins (announcement)
Xerri (announcement)
Turner (announcement)
Garner (announcement)
Vickers-Willis (announcement)
Murphy (announcement)
Zurhaar (announcement)
Ahern (announcement)

Walker (announcement)
Jacobs
Anderson
Daw (announcement)
M Williams (announcement)
I'd like to see us extend Brown and Simpkin now. No need to rush re Wood, Turner and Ahern.

I reckon Zurhaar would be backing himself to put a heap of runs on the board in the next 12 months in order to get a bit more cheddar on his deal.

Anderson would probably like the security of a new deal given his injury history. But i reckon he can wait. I'd like to see him go to another level next year.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
You also have to take into account the Thomas situation and the likelihood that he was going before 11 anyway.

The whole trade is a clear, resounding win.

I think that line of thinking is a bit of a cop out.

Thomas went at #8 and that was early from most recruiters expectations on draft night.

We needed to gain 3 spots in the draft and would of avoided it.

We just weren't creative enough.

Remembering Port turned our #11 into #5 and got Connor Rozee with a number of other pick swaps engineering that move.

It could of been done.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC

Thomas went at #8 and that was early from most recruiters expectations on draft night.

Remembering Port turned our #11 into #5 and got Connor Rozee with a number of other pick swaps engineering that move.

It could of been done.
It's easier to say that now in hindsight, but who knows if we tried and how difficult it would have been at the time.

In any case, that's a hypothetical, and not really a valid way of determining whether the trade itself was a success or not IMO. For what we gave up, what we got, and the Thomas situation, the things that actually happened, it's a clear win.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Herald Sun going again with the Saints pursuing Goldy story. Say we are offering 2 years with a trigger for a 3rd

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He will cost our first rounder, at a minimum, and as I’ve said previously, I don’t think he’s actually worth it .
Highly rated youngster, shown glimpses, but I don’t think he’s lived up to his hype

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I highly agree with you, as a player, he would be the type of player who will thrive at our club as he is talented but not really shown with any real substance. A perfect fit for out club to get into rhythm. If he is a RFA, i would not hesitate to pay 700k for him. However he would cost us at least a first rounder, AT LEAST.... just think about it. But what is our club's general direction? With the removal of Scott, the club seems want us to be in contention. I feel we got the cattle to contend so getting martins is a risk we are willing to take especially if we finish higher. If our pick is around 8, then it might be alright to trade as this year is not as a deep pool.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Thoughts on Jack Martin, Snake?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has the skill set we require, but rarely utilises it to consistently damaging effect.

A change of environment might fix that, but I would be cautious about trade & contract values.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It could of been done.
I think the difference is they had Wingard up their sleeve and had no problem moving him on in saying that I do see were you are coming from.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

"Standing at 202cm and 95kg, Ladhams has averaged 21.5 disposals, 24.9 hitouts, 5.3 marks and 6.2 clearances per game in the SANFL and debuted at AFL level in round 10"
Preuss just played one-out against Kreuzer and got 14 touches and 44 hit-outs. Really seemed like a pickle we me for ourselves here if Goldstein walks. If he doesn't I'd just keep all of him, Campbell and Xerri.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Preuss just played one-out against Kreuzer and got 14 touches and 44 hit-outs. Really seemed like a pickle we me for ourselves here if Goldstein walks. If he doesn't I'd just keep all of him, Campbell and Xerri.

He was helped by the fact that Kruezer can't jump & Kruezer still racked up 9 clearances and a couple of goal assists.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Two with a trigger for a third actually works well here I think.

The club have made the correct offer if the report is correct, and I would expect Todd to accept that scenario.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two with a trigger for a third actually works well here I think.
The club have made the correct offer if the report is correct, and I would expect Todd to accept that scenario.

Agree, the club have made the correct offer. Although, I don't think he'll accept it so we'll offer him 3 and he'll stay.

At least i hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back