Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing the rest of your team, I'd say that it looks great.

Here's where I'm at:

There's two things on my shopping list: Neale and Hurn

Whilst my midfield is "finished" so I could prioritise finishing the defence, this week looks to be the last when Neale will be affordable. But it does leave me looping rookies at D6 for another week or two.

So current plan is Logue -> Quaynor, Sprayshaw -> Neale.

That's midfield very complete, with Gray (or one other M/F) provided bench cover. Hurn's price isn't going TOO far, so I can make 3 trades over next fortnight to get him and get M/F link in the forward line so Gray can cover both lines.

Alternate would be Sprayshaw down to a rook, Logue straight to Hurn, backline done. Dunno if I'd ever get Neale in that case, though.

Which way to go? Get on the Neale train, or finish backline?

Edit: hmm, in writing it out, it seems idiotic NOT to fix the backline first. Get Thunder Thighs this week, deal with getting punished by Neale for the next month wishing I had him. :)

Here's where I'm at:

View attachment 707673

There's two things on my shopping list: Neale and Hurn

Whilst my midfield is "finished" so I could prioritise finishing the defence, this week looks to be the last when Neale will be affordable. But it does leave me looping rookies at D6 for another week or two.

So current plan is Logue -> Quaynor, Sprayshaw -> Neale.

That's midfield very complete, with Gray (or one other M/F) provided bench cover. Hurn's price isn't going TOO far, so I can make 3 trades over next fortnight to get him and get M/F link in the forward line so Gray can cover both lines.

Alternate would be Sprayshaw down to a rook, Logue straight to Hurn, backline done. Dunno if I'd ever get Neale in that case, though.

Which way to go? Get on the Neale train, or finish backline?

Edit: hmm, in writing it out, it seems idiotic NOT to fix the backline first. Get Thunder Thighs this week, deal with getting punished by Neale for the next month wishing I had him. :)

Yeah go neale if the b/es make sense and you can then get hurn next week.

Logue out cooked trade plans this week. Looks like I'm going to miss out on Hurn and Whitfield.

Burgess -> Sicily

Hope Logue/Bewley get another run at some point.

4 Trades left.

SC17.JPG

In desperate need of some other opinions. I'm only playing to win a cash league. Sitting comfortably in second, and can't miss the top 4 even if I lose the last three games. Sitting with 7 trades, and still need to upgrade D6 to a premo (currently have 100k in the bank).

I want some trades left for finals to cover for injuries, I don't think many in the top 4 in the league will have much left.

What do I do with J Kelly?

1. Hold and wait for 3 weeks and be ready to go for finals (and a GC final round)
2. Downgrade Parker to Hanrahan and upgrade Logue to Stewart (will be just short of Hurn)
3. Do nothing. Wait for Kelly to come back and upgrade D6 week before finals and keep trades in my pocket for finals?

All help and guidance appreciated.

nice POD even if he is priced at his peak. i didnt realise his average was so good. 5 game average is elite.

how have you got so much cash and trades. how close are you to finishing your team?

4 premos remaining away from a full team. Plus I might have the J. Kelly issue, but I think I wanna hold it out like I did with Whitfield.

I've been much more conservative than I have in previous years.

Probably partly due to how rubbish rookies have been this year, and how annoying clubs have been with not playing their rookies and stuff.

Going Hore to Lloyd and Parker to Sicily... Holding Kelly for a week, if he is cooked long term then will swing lycett forward, Danger to the mids and he is a direct swap for Gawn with his price hit....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 premos remaining away from a full team. Plus I might have the J. Kelly issue, but I think I wanna hold it out like I did with Whitfield.

I've been much more conservative than I have in previous years.

Probably partly due to how rubbish rookies have been this year, and how annoying clubs have been with not playing their rookies and stuff.
I tend to hold injuries longer than most as well. Ordinarily I’d hold Kelly but I want to make a run at the top 100 and have trades in hand so I’ll be trading Kelly.

I've settled on Setterfield -> Cunnington and Baker-> Little Dunks

Little Dunks may not play but gives me the dosh at 102k, leaving Rowbottom and Clarke as bench depth for the mids.

Next week I likely cash in ROB, unless Gawn is in any doubt or doesn't play this week. I would love to put that toward luxury trades of Brouch -> Super premo mid or Smith -> Sicily/Whitfield.... But injuries will surely come and bite me.

Biggest issue currently is Chol as my only forward cover.

I'm in the best position for a late run at the top I've ever been, normally burnt out by now. Fingers crossed.

Looking for good M/F rookie/cheap options.

Most likely trades will be to cash in on ROB, swing Bines into R3.
That cash will turn Hore into Hurn (Logue to D7).

Then looking for that M/F link so that after next week's trades i can utilise Heeney as a M/F bench cover.

Alternatively, Logue and Hore to Hurn leaves me with about 120k for a Def Rookie. Not sure there's many options there?

Was planning on going Hore and Kelly to Sicily and Bont but because of Ross Bloody Lyon, I have to deal with the Louge situation.

So I'm thinking Hore to Sicily and Logue to either Crisp, Houli or Weller. Who would you take out of those three?

Unfortunately with leave Kelly on my bench and means I have to play Clark and Setterfield, but thats better than a donut.

This leaves me with 9 trades so I can fix that issue next week.

Was planning on going Hore and Kelly to Sicily and Bont but because of Ross Bloody Lyon, I have to deal with the Louge situation.

So I'm thinking Hore to Sicily and Logue to either Crisp, Houli or Weller. Who would you take out of those three?

Unfortunately with leave Kelly on my bench and means I have to play Clark and Setterfield, but thats better than a donut.

This leaves me with 9 trades so I can fix that issue next week.

View attachment 707724

If you are considering a non-playing donut in the future, then Weller could be decent. He'd be d6 now, but with the trades you've got he could be a floating m9/d7. Or if this won't happen, I'd probably go Crisp.

Looking at Jelly -> Bont

Also considering:
Logue -> Stewart

Leaving me 7 trades for:
Whitfield (Ryan/Sicily D6/7)
Get Gawn Back

Other:
If Clarke scores well (90+) I might hold onto Jelly
Could also look at Hawkins at F7 and use Heeney to cover Jelly

Thoughts team? I'm pretty unsure about the right trades this week. Have found it one of the toughest of the year

Looking for good M/F rookie/cheap options.

Most likely trades will be to cash in on ROB, swing Bines into R3.
That cash will turn Hore into Hurn (Logue to D7).

Then looking for that M/F link so that after next week's trades i can utilise Heeney as a M/F bench cover.

Alternatively, Logue and Hore to Hurn leaves me with about 120k for a Def Rookie. Not sure there's many options there?

Hill from GWS @$117k getting a go this week apparently. Otherwise maybe look at one of the $102k guys that'll never play a game (Owies, Wicks, off the top of my head), just to flip flip back and forth with your actual M/F bench cover.

I'm looking for something similar in the next week or two so Gray, Heeney, etc can provide flexible cover across midfield and forward.

If you are considering a non-playing donut in the future, then Weller could be decent. He'd be d6 now, but with the trades you've got he could be a floating m9/d7. Or if this won't happen, I'd probably go Crisp.
I'm leaning towards Crisp since he is pretty reliable.
I have also considered keeping Logue and trading Burgess instead then bringing in Moore or Answerth for the bench cover/DPP since Logue is still a chance to play this season.
I have the trades to sideways a bit but I'll decide once the full teams come out.

Hill from GWS @$117k getting a go this week apparently. Otherwise maybe look at one of the $102k guys that'll never play a game (Owies, Wicks, off the top of my head), just to flip flip back and forth with your actual M/F bench cover.

I'm looking for something similar in the next week or two so Gray, Heeney, etc can provide flexible cover across midfield and forward.

Yeah initially was thinking Owies. If i could get someone who 'might' play, could be beneficial. But then again, with $$$ a bit tight, that extra $15k to just get a floating donut could be a goer :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back