Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well Pyke took over a well performing team.

They were mediocre, losing more players than away Guernsey changes they had in the 90s, had experienced tragedy unforeseen, he's done the best he could.

They may be a well oiled machine of recruiting and development but he took them to the next level on field and they continue to stay in the mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but it is something I personally would still avoid as there would be many that wouldn't see it that way.
nah not when theres no connection being made that doesnt explicitly include hawkins in the definition. it a sentiment that could be badly phrased, sure, but it wasn’t

10 of his 24 goals this year have come in the final quarter with the Crows either winning or losing by a significant margin.

He’s no longer much of a factor in terms of being able to impact a game with the result in the balance, regardless of opposition.

I think it is an underrated quality. How many times do you watch Port and think 'just one more goal' despite the score looking comfortable? Betts is that guy. He puts the nail in the coffin.

I think it is an underrated quality. How many times do you watch Port and think 'just one more goal' despite the score looking comfortable? Betts is that guy. He puts the nail in the coffin.

Or in the case of belting the Suns at home, 43 nails.

Longmire staying at the swans. Was foxing for a bigger contract when wouldn't answer straight out questions.

SYDNEY premiership coach John Longmire has informed North Melbourne that he will sign a long-term extension at the Swans.Chased by the Roos with a mega offer for next season, Longmire is close to inking a multi-year contract at the Swans on top of his existing deal for 2020.

AFL.com.au understands the Roos were told of Longmire's intensions to stay at the Swans in recent days. North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley had initially reached out to Longmire's manager Liam Pickering to enquire over the possibility of luring the Roos premiership forward back to Arden Street.

nah not when theres no connection being made that doesnt explicitly include hawkins in the definition. it a sentiment that could be badly phrased, sure, but it wasn’t

Not to mention the fact that the reference was 'gorilla forward', not 'gorilla'.

lol - no pressure. Another one in the long line of Petrenkos, Gores, Sigginses etc. that have been dubbed by the Advertiser as the second coming of <insert generational player here>. You could probably name a whole 22-man team of them now and still have some that were unlucky to be left out.
Cam Faulkner as well. Jesus the media in this state are as weak as piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damien Barrett is someone who is always looking at everything being so serious, or so important or so dangerous.

But he is correct that Ratugolea makes Geelong a better side. The oppo has to stop 2 Gorilla forwards not one when he plays. Now his output isn't anything like Hawkins, but it means its harder to have 2 big defenders try and nullify Hawkins, jumping into him and defending against him, when Ratugolea is playing. He has missed the last 3 games and they have lost 2 of them and both times in their losses, Hawkins output has been below his season averages.

As the footy cliche goes, Ratugolea doesn't have to be a star player - he just has to play his role well.

Heard 2nd hand that a crows recruiter (McIntyre) had begged them to recruit this guy. Said he was the best junior he had seen play.

Seems like a big call.

So Carlton and Gold Coast are second and third in the league for distance covered, with the 14th placed Swans first?

We just need to work hardery for longery though, that's how you win football games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back