Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think those points you make are very debatable. they aren't even personal tbh.

i think there's a very good argument with evidence to suggest he is a terrible coach. that's not personal either. he gets paid very well. he cops the criticism. no different to saying a highly paid player is terrible.
Well the evidence wasn’t until 2018 as in August 2017 you wanted an extension

I don't want to be that person but let's not re-write history.

dumb post. it's getting tiring. i copped it in 2017 for suggesting rebuild 2 was on its way and that richo was no good. i then cop it when people can't read a post. that post suggests i am ok with extending richo's contract as long as they rebuild the entire football dept. in 2017! that never happened so i wanted him moved on.

had we sacked him do you really think we would be any better off this year ? we still wouldnt have had Steven, Robo and Jake (for long periods) ... at best i had us finishing 9th when i looked at the draw this year and thats factoring a good run with injury.. our issue is not enough top class players i dont see how apointing another coach in mid 2018 really changes that much ... just like i dont see changing a coach this year will see us somehow jump to the top 8 next year ... getting some class players will do that but the same list with a differant coach i dont think will change much ..

no but ya saving time and moving everything forward. it's like technical debt.

Seriously, it matters not one iota who said what, when and how.

Are there prizes now for people getting it right? Does it make anyone feel better that we are up “ship creek” and that they predicted it?
Honestly it’s like a bunch of kids arguing over who said something first.

It’s all in the past and there is nothing we can do to change a damn thing.

The most important thing is that it’s nearly over and that the club get the most important decision they’ll make for a while, right THIS time.

had we sacked him do you really think we would be any better off this year ? we still wouldnt have had Steven, Robo and Jake (for long periods) ... at best i had us finishing 9th when i looked at the draw this year and thats factoring a good run with injury.. our issue is not enough top class players i dont see how apointing another coach in mid 2018 really changes that much ... just like i dont see changing a coach this year will see us somehow jump to the top 8 next year ... getting some class players will do that but the same list with a differant coach i dont think will change much ..
It's not nessecarily about our ladder position in 2019, but I think we could be significantly better set-up going into 2020 with 18 months under our belt with a new coach.

There's usually a teething period with a new coach and game plan, which we will have to endure 18 months later.

The injuries have been a blessing in disguise, Marshall would probably be playing VFL if it were up to richo with a full, healthy list… the guy is completely risk averse and void of creative, future-centric selection. Shame we still can't squeeze White into a side with 14 players unavailable.

It's not nessecarily about our ladder position in 2019, but I think we could be significantly better set-up going into 2020 with 18 months under our belt with a new coach.

There's usually a teething period with a new coach and game plan, which we will have to endure 18 months later.

The injuries have been a blessing in disguise, Marshall would probably be playing VFL if it were up to richo with a full, healthy list… the guy is completely risk averse and void of creative, future-centric selection. Shame we still can't squeeze White into a side with 14 players unavailable.

I think that’s why we’re all frustrated right now. The sooner we move on, even with an interim coach, the better for all.
This lingering on when we know Richo is gone is not doing anyone any favours.
I’m desperate to start a new chapter.

i think those points you make are very debatable. they aren't even personal tbh.

i think there's a very good argument with evidence to suggest he is a terrible coach. that's not personal either. he gets paid very well. he cops the criticism. no different to saying a highly paid player is terrible.
a terrible coach was Watson ... a terrible coach was Blight...
Richo was a limited coach who with a poor list underperformed 3 out of 6 years ...
the best race car driver is still only as good as the car he drives - Richo was an average driver driving a beatend up shitbox ...

no but ya saving time and moving everything forward. it's like technical debt.
well we are dealing with an actual debt and the cost for reward wasnt worth moving him early ...
remember we as a club are under a pretty hot spotlight from the AFL over the money they pump in to give us a leg up, The AFL internally smacked us hard enough when we sacked Scotty Watters had we done the same again by sacking Richo in 2018 you reckon they would be as forgiving in giving us more financial help ?
we are most likely going to apply for a priority pick this year you reckon the AFL would give one after we just flushed money down the drain ?

Lethers decides to give Richo one final extension

rup3pj.jpg

you do know selection isnt just richo dont you ...
White is the new Freeman who was the new Ledger....
theres always players in the lower levels who we as fans dont get why they are not playing in the seniors .. but there is always a reason for it (even if we dont understand it)

I don't want to be that person but let's not re-write history.

This guy knows what’s up, just saying

20D58CB2-6CA8-4C27-8514-9434C66B46FE.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is always amusing when old threads and posts resurface (he says having checked to make sure he hadn't posted anything in there....)

I'm sure I was pretty bouyant back then as well though and not seen going early as too big a mistake. I'm sure I had an argument for why it wasn't a bad idea at the time. In hindsight it was wrong, but I can live with my mistakes - they are opportunities to learn, ahem....

Ratts gets 2 years max....

Seriously, it matters not one iota who said what, when and how.

Are there prizes now for people getting it right? Does it make anyone feel better that we are up “ship creek” and that they predicted it?
Honestly it’s like a bunch of kids arguing over who said something first.

It’s all in the past and there is nothing we can do to change a damn thing.

The most important thing is that it’s nearly over and that the club get the most important decision they’ll make for a while, right THIS time.
I totally agree. There would hundreds of posts I have got wrong. The difference is I don’t rewrite history. If someone is going to say it was shocking move extending that’s fine but acknowledge you at the time thought the move wasn’t that bad. Surely you can see the difference. Even in that thread I said we would nearly certainly play finals in 2018. How wrong can you be.

That’s great but as I said most weren’t and he had a contract for 2018 anyway.and if you were that upset why would you agree with an extension even if he got new assistants. I wasn’t upset but I didn’t want the extension. Seems really strange

in the hope he could turn it around with a decent football dept. play to his strengths, which i'm told is his personal side. like i said expecting him to turn that around in 12 months since last year is very hard to do. rarely happens.

so we should have just stopped then.

in the hope he could turn it around with a decent football dept. play to his strengths, which i'm told is his personal side. like i said expecting him to turn that around in 12 months since last year is very hard to do. rarely happens.

so we should have just stopped then.
We couldn’t once we extended

well we are dealing with an actual debt and the cost for reward wasnt worth moving him early ...
remember we as a club are under a pretty hot spotlight from the AFL over the money they pump in to give us a leg up, The AFL internally smacked us hard enough when we sacked Scotty Watters had we done the same again by sacking Richo in 2018 you reckon they would be as forgiving in giving us more financial help ?
we are most likely going to apply for a priority pick this year you reckon the AFL would give one after we just flushed money down the drain ?

they will because the tv rights dictate they have too, hence why they extended our over draft facility after reportedly being blinded sided by summers, who was our financial auditor as part of his role on the board.

depends if you are willing to pay a premium to save 12 months of work. sometimes its better to spend more, if you think you can re-coup earlier. plus are you factoring in opportunity cost here?

lets say he is on 650k. if we sacked him end of last year, it costs us 1.3 million. the overall football dept spend is in the 20m mark from memory. many would have the view that spending 1.3 million to reboot the footy dept early might be money well spent, if it produces results!

we would need to look at the numbers to determine if the footy dept tax kicks in.

I totally agree. There would hundreds of posts I have got wrong. The difference is I don’t rewrite history. If someone is going to say it was shocking move extending that’s fine but acknowledge you at the time thought the move wasn’t that bad. Surely you can see the difference. Even in that thread I said we would nearly certainly play finals in 2018. How wrong can you be.

I can’t even remember what I said last month, let alone two years ago :tearsofjoy:

a terrible coach was Watson ... a terrible coach was Blight...
Richo was a limited coach who with a poor list underperformed 3 out of 6 years ...
the best race car driver is still only as good as the car he drives - Richo was an average driver driving a beatend up s**tbox ...

this is subjective. i'd say hird was terrible but he still took the bombers to finals. pity about the fall out. but richo couldn't even make finals, but the cost to the club is probably less.

yes tim watson is horrible, but atleast it was quickly identified and corrected.

the danger is when you get people on the border line. they don't get found out. so you get these sub par results and it stagnates everything. you're essentially wasting the most precious thing you have, time.

any coach spending 6 years out of finals it horrible in my opinion. they just escaped for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back