Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Scott is the man as i have been told , Ratts wont be there next year

I think a lot of people who might be interested in the saints, won't be next year if Scott is given the job.

Jobs for mates, seriously this club will be labelled a joke and deservedly so if it pans out that way.

May 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Actually Scott thought the club needed a rebuild, so he hasn't been vindicated he's been proven entirely wrong.
time will tell with that,i don't see north going anywhere,they do need a rebuild,not long till Thompson,tarrant,Higgins and Goldstein are gone,they may have fooled you but not me,this honeymoon period will die a slow death..........

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
time will tell with that,i don't see north going anywhere,they do need a rebuild,not long till Thompson,tarrant,Higgins and Goldstein are gone,they may have fooled you but not me,this honeymoon period will die a slow death..........
What about Zurhaar, LDU, Thomas and the like? They've got an old guard but also a bunch of young kids stepping up very quickly to shoulder some of the load.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
When Richo steps down after Round 20, the Board will appoint a selection committee comprising

Andrew Bassat
Matt Finnis
Simon Lethlean
Dean Anderson
Billy Slater

to carry out the interview process for a new coach.

Applicants to be interviewed will include experienced pair Brett Batten, Brad Scott and newbies Scott Burns, Jade Rawlings John Barker.

Representations have be made to John Longmire and Luke Beveridge via their managers but is understood Longmire will take up a position at Carlton and Beveridge will remain with the Dogs.

Rhys Shaw and Robert Harvey will also be asked to make presentations but are not expected to be viable options.

Its is expected that St Kilda will announce John Barker as their new coach in the first week of October.

(Please note - I am using the standard methodology of the internet (and the media in general) and I am presenting opinion as fact)

May 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
What about Zurhaar, LDU, Thomas and the like? They've got an old guard but also a bunch of young kids stepping up very quickly to shoulder some of the load.
every club has a bunch of young kids on the up,i'd say either equal or in most cases better than those 3...eg king,battle,marshall,even gresh is only 21, ldu has hardly set the world on fire...if I went through other clubs list i'm sure it would be much easier to find....

ibwbyv.jpg

I think a lot of people who might be interested in the saints, won't be next year if Scott is given the job.

Jobs for mates, seriously this club will be labelled a joke and deservedly so if it pans out that way.

I hope like hell that King is a gun, I'm not saying it's true but the rumours that Lethers overruled Libba and took him over Rozee are concerning as well. He's hopefully some kind of satanic messiah and not just another over confident idiot who will leave a wake of destruction in his path. He seems to be running the club as his own personal fiefdom.

They look like they have a few kids who were write offs that are now starting to look like top 10 players at the club. They look on a better trajectory than us right now.

When Richo steps down after Round 20, the Board will appoint a selection committee comprising

Andrew Bassat
Matt Finnis
Simon Lethlean
Dean Anderson
Billy Slater

to carry out the interview process for a new coach.

Applicants to be interviewed will include experienced pair Brett Batten, Brad Scott and newbies Scott Burns, Jade Rawlings John Barker.

Representations have be made to John Longmire and Luke Beveridge via their managers but is understood Longmire will take up a position at Carlton and Beveridge will remain with the Dogs.

Rhys Shaw and Robert Harvey will also be asked to make presentations but are not expected to be viable options.

Its is expected that St Kilda will announce John Barker as their new coach in the first week of October.

(Please note - I am using the standard methodology of the internet (and the media in general) and I am presenting opinion as fact)

i am now in an ambulance suffering cardiac arrest. my lawyers will be in touch!

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
fine by me. i'd rather scott over ratts. i'd also rather someone like tudor over ratts if we are talking about the fwd line.
Wasn’t Teague in charge of forward line before Bolton was given the flick
Chalk and cheese now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
every club has a bunch of young kids on the up,i'd say either equal or in most cases better than those 3...eg king,battle,marshall,even gresh is only 21, ldu has hardly set the world on fire...if I went through other clubs list i'm sure it would be much easier to find....
King hasn't even played a game. Any of those 3 have currently done significantly more for North than he has for us.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
All I'm saying is you can't argue it both ways.

Same system, same coach. Some improve, others don't.

Truth is in there somewhere.

I think Bartel knows his stuff when it comes to footy. Multiple premiership player, Brownlow medalist etc.

However I feel that because his comments go against the anti-cho narrative in here they are dismissed as poorly informed.

IMO.

Cringe every time I hear Bartel speak , knowing that in reality he should have been a StKilda player.
Unfortunately .

Jimmy is one of my favourites to listen to , knows the game so well .

He's backed kids in who Scott had told the club were no good, he's built the game plan around the sides strengths as well. They have all these hard nuts, he's made them a hard nut team. He's made some nuanced changes in the game plan rather than kick it to Brown. North supporters are ringing in talking about winning the premiership the way they are playing. I rate what Shaw has done to turn the side around from the dull lifeless corpse that they looked when he took over. When people called in to rate lists North were down with us as s**tter than Carlton and GC on SEN before he took over.

Maybe he can get our players to play to their strengths. We will need to move the goals to where the behinds are and come up with a game plan that involves giving the ball to your opponent.

Curtis Taylor - Played his only game under Scott.
Ed Vickers-Willis , Played his only game under Scott.
Kyron Hayden. Played by Shaw. No impact injured out for season.
Tom Campbell , played 2 games under Scott.
Ben McKay, 3 games under Scott.
Baily Scott , 4 games under Scott.
Sam Durdin... Whatever.
Larkey .. Played 7 games under Scott , then 5 under Shaw. Only really good against StKilda ( cos that's what we do best ).

So which players has Shaw backed in that Scott didn't rate? Most have them have played all year.

Maybe he can get our players to play to their strengths. We will need to move the goals to where the behinds are and come up with a game plan that involves giving the ball to your opponent.

Curtis Taylor - Played his only game under Scott.
Ed Vickers-Willis , Played his only game under Scott.
Kyron Hayden. Played by Shaw. No impact injured out for season.
Tom Campbell , played 2 games under Scott.
Ben McKay, 3 games under Scott.
Baily Scott , 4 games under Scott.
Sam Durdin... Whatever.
Larkey .. Played 7 games under Scott , then 5 under Shaw. Only really good against StKilda ( cos that's what we do best ).

So which players has Shaw backed in that Scott didn't rate? Most have them have played all year.

The guys you hold up have been there a long time to get a few games and are now getting games. Scott didn't rate them, Shaw backs them. I have friends that follow North, I'm not all across their list but from what I have heard he's playing kids and getting results. Mc Kay is an interesting one. He's the Ben King to Carlton's Mc Kay who looks a very good player. Durdin was a very highly rated junior as well.

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
What you are suggesting is that it isn’t possible for Scott to be the best candidate...
Scott wasn't at any stage the best coach in the competition. And, unless we're saying that there will never be a better coach than him, then it isn't possible for Scott to be the best candidate.
He just might feel safer than an untried coach. That is all.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Yes he did. It was written and spoken about in several forms of AFL media. Scott wanted to rebuild, the board didn't. You can bash your head against a wall and claim the sky isn't blue too if you want but it doesn't make it so.

Fake news.

Scott went to the board to try & wedge them into a new deal. They said no thanks... in fact there’s the door.

The ‘difference of option about the list’ line was run by Barrett, Carey, Brayshaw, etc... all the Norf supporters in the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guys you hold up have been there a long time to get a few games and are now getting games. Scott didn't rate them, Shaw backs them. I have friends that follow North, I'm not all across their list but from what I have heard he's playing kids and getting results. Mc Kay is an interesting one. He's the Ben King to Carlton's Mc Kay who looks a very good player. Durdin was a very highly rated junior as well.

Nearly all the ones i put up, have been playing all year, including under Scott, just seems like unfounded heresay.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fake news.

Scott went to the board to try & wedge them into a new deal. They said no thanks... in fact there’s the door.

The ‘difference of option about the list’ line was run by Barrett, Carey, Brayshaw, etc... all the Norf supporters in the media.

Meh. Either way it doesn't reflect well on Scott tbh. His powers of analysis are flawed at best.

Nearly all the ones i put up, have been playing all year, including under Scott, just seems like unfounded heresay.

Well the heresy is backed by them playing well all of a sudden. My North mates reckon they look unshackled from Scott's system that made them all play roles with no freedom. Scott to me literally sounds just like Richo from what they say.

I'm going to have a very hard time liking anything about the club if we trade away guys like Bruce, Carlisle and Stuv leaves....then Scott being our coach on top of that there is nearly nothing left to engage my in them on field. I se him as the Blight choice, he's thinking of taking a year off but we'll tempt him back to footy and he'll half hearted coach us until we pay him out and put Lethlean in.

Fake news.

that makes no sense if they're trying to court longmire who doesn't come out of contract for another 12+ months. i.e. the following season! which is when scott also came out of contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back