Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why do I feel like the media interpret it as a loss to us?
Because they do. Don't forget, a majority of EVERY one of those media clowns barracks for another club. We aren't supposed to be relevant. We certainly aren't supposed to tear off magpies or tigers player's arms and belt them with the soggy end.
We are supposed to stand around with our cap in hand.....that's preferred.
Not go out and hunt for established players or officials. We are the breeding ground, sure as hell not the finishing school.
Media are a bunch of campaigners, snidely hiding their true allegiances to their wank clubs and aloofness, of which i have no care or idea of how they've decided they are so aloof.

#$ck em!!!!!

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon Shaw doing well would have played a part in Longmire's decision as well. Not saying he would have seriously considered our offer or not, but it's a much safer call to accept Sydney's extension, when you know you're potentially going to get a huge supporter backlash if you go with North. Any romance of going back to his old club would have been offset by not being welcomed back. Easy decision for him to remain in Sydney, and makes our situation simpler as well - given how early we seem to have identified Longmire as a main target, would have been hard to pull out now that we may already have a coach on our hands.

Just need to find a suitable senior figure to join as a mentor/director of coaching/senior assistant.

Roos, Richardson, any other names?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Interesting take from Damian.

Complete and utter bulls**t for the most part, but interesting nonetheless.

Knock on effect 11: 4 out of 5, and the competition sh*tting their pants.

Barrett seems to be the only alarmed North supporter on the continent.

We'll just have to make do with the only coach in that group of names that has an 80% win/loss record.

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good. Potentially dodged a bullet right there...
I reckon Shaw doing well would have played a part in Longmire's decision as well. Not saying he would have seriously considered our offer or not, but it's a much safer call to accept Sydney's extension, when you know you're potentially going to get a huge supporter backlash if you go with North. Any romance of going back to his old club would have been offset by not being welcomed back. Easy decision for him to remain in Sydney, and makes our situation simpler as well - given how early we seem to have identified Longmire as a main target, would have been hard to pull out now that we may already have a coach on our hands.

Just need to find a suitable senior figure to join as a mentor/director of coaching/senior assistant.

Roos, Richardson, any other names?
Not sure why it would be considered dodging a bullet missing out on horse & I doubt there would be huge backlash & we would not welcome a favourite son who also happens to be a Premiership coach & who’s team plays finals every year despite a list that not that great.
I know everyone wants Shaw now because of our form & style of play since he took over - so do I to be honest.
But us getting horse is hardly Carlton or St.Klida getting Scott.
Shaw/Longmire is win/win IMO

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Not sure why it would be considered dodging a bullet missing out on horse & I doubt there would be huge backlash & we would not welcome a favourite son who also happens to be a Premiership coach & who’s team plays finals every year despite a list that not that great.
I know everyone wants Shaw now because of our form & style of play since he took over - so do I to be honest.

Sydney play finals because they're mandated to do so.

COLA, académies et al.

I’m very happy with this outcome. With Clarkson, Simmo and Horse all committing to their current teams it should make it much easier for the coach selection committee to go with the guy everyone knows in their heart of hearts is the right man for the job. Great that the club did its due diligence but come on down Rhys!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WD Roo

All Australian
Dec 18, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Going nowhere: Horse rejects North's big bucks to saddle up with Swans - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-12...ects-norths-big-bucks-to-saddle-up-with-swans

Good news!
What a surprise! Most will know that Horse has stated that he was retiring to the farm after the Sydney gig. Unfortunately the media (Barrett) will state that North still can’t land a big fish. With that I reck on Buckley asked Horse is he was interested, privately he said no to drive up his price at Sydney.

Ok Rhyce, the final stage of your interview process is to ensure at least 3 * players leave the field on stretchers.

Complete your task and your family will never have to worry about the future again.
One of them must be hooker.

What a surprise! Most will know that Horse has stated that he was retiring to the farm after the Sydney gig. Unfortunately the media (Barrett) will state that North still can’t land a big fish. With that I reck on Buckley asked Horse is he was interested, privately he said no to drive up his price at Sydney.
Meh, only mouth breathers will go on with landing no big fish.

We made no offer and merely inquired, just like Carlton did.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon Buckley asked Horse is he was interested, privately he said no to drive up his price at Sydney.
A very distinct possibility. And yeah look I wouldn't be too torn up if he ever did come home, but it was never likely despite the noise.

I'm just glad we can put that whole mess to bed. One step closer to setting up the North of the future.

We dodged the bullet because we were going to pay well over a million dollars for a coach who is just a good coach, not a coaching great, while we may have just accidentally stumbled onto the next Clarkson in our own backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back