Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
this is subjective. i'd say hird was terrible but he still took the bombers to finals. pity about the fall out. but richo couldn't even make finals, but the cost to the club is probably less.

yes tim watson is horrible, but atleast it was quickly identified and corrected.

the danger is when you get people on the border line. they don't get found out. so you get these sub par results and it stagnates everything. you're essentially wasting the most precious thing you have, time.

any coach spending 6 years out of finals it horrible in my opinion. they just escaped for longer.
It’s only one year more than many were happy with. I’m sure people think 2018 was part of the extension. It wasn’t. And I don’t care if some wanted him sacked at the end of 2017. That would be a small minority so it’s one wasted year that coaching wise is costing no money. And a bit off the field.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
i was referring to before we extended. if we weren't willing to rebuild the entire footy dept right then and there, then we should have parted ways.
Ok. That is your opinion. Mine was there was no need for any reason. Anyway it happened. Probably didn’t cost us many if any wins and not many dollars. Cost a year of a new coach who would have had to go through all this injury crap. In one way it was good that there isn’t a new coach

Lyon had a lot of really good, highly coach able players.
He didn't need to teach them anything except his game plan, and they were a group who were good on the uptake.

I heard on SEN they were saying he's still a man who doesn't like to play the youth and he's backing his usuals in. Sounds familiar.

Who said that? A caller? If it was that’s credible. What it does prove is we look for the worst in coaches.

The WA analyst guy, not sure who it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ok. That is your opinion. Mine was there was no need for any reason. Anyway it happened. Probably didn’t cost us many if any wins and not many dollars. Cost a year of a new coach who would have had to go through all this injury crap. In one way it was good that there isn’t a new coach

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

He pretty much went from zero to 5, 12 and 11 wins.

Had we sacked him at the end of 17 as some have suggested, and then had a poor year last year... I reckon the narrative would have been typical ST Kilda imploding every time we move forward.

As you say he was going to coach last year regardless of the extension.

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
dumb post. it's getting tiring. i copped it in 2017 for suggesting rebuild 2 was on its way and that richo was no good. i then cop it when people can't read a post. that post suggests i am ok with extending richo's contract as long as they rebuild the entire football dept. in 2017! that never happened so i wanted him moved on.

You believed he was a capable enough coach to warrant an extension. Nothing wrong with that.

And before You state that your stipulation was that the footy department had to be overhauled. If you didn't think he was competent why would you give the guy an extension at any time? Footy department or not.

It’s all in the past and there is nothing we can do to change a damn thing.

The most important thing is that it’s nearly over and that the club get the most important decision they’ll make for a while, right THIS time.

A like X 1,000 Diehard.

What is done is done.....we can't change history.

Things of course haven't worked out the way we all had hoped.....for a multitude of reasons.

As you say....what's critically important is that we get some very big upcoming decisions absolutely correct.

You believed he was a capable enough coach to warrant an extension. Nothing wrong with that.

And before You state that your stipulation was that the footy department had to be overhauled. If you didn't think he was competent why would you give the guy an extension at any time? Footy department or not.

Because of this.

images.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back