Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The only marks that ruckmen take that are of any real importance are the defensive intercept marks that Cox used to take.

We don’t need that anymore with our gun interceptors.

We also don’t want a ruckman pushing forward and getting in Kennedy and Darling’s way. What value would that add?

The only marks that ruckmen take that are of any real importance are the defensive intercept marks that Cox used to take.

We don’t need that anymore with our gun interceptors.

We also don’t want a ruckman pushing forward and getting in Kennedy and Darling’s way. What value would that add?

Agreed

Contested marks from a kick down the line coming out of defence are pretty important too - although simply providing a contest is often enough and Nic does that

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Agreed

Contested marks from a kick down the line coming out of defence are pretty important too - although simply providing a contest is often enough and Nic does that
Yeah as long as they’re not intercepted its all good. We struggled with this earlier in the year and at times last year when Kennedy/Darling were injured.

It’s one of the main reasons why I made the suggestion of Sheppard to wing, so we could have a ruckman cover one boundary and Shep on the other. Obviously Firefox crashed before I could formulate a better argument tho

One of the best aspects of Gawn’s game is his ability to take intercept marks in defence. We have Gov and Barrass and Hurn and Shep for this.

One of the best aspects of Grundy’s game is his ability to take down the line marks exiting defence. Nic is good at making a contest here, and otherwise we have JK and JD.

Any other mark a ruckman takes is no more or less valuable than every routine mark in football. There’s not a lot of scope for a healthy Naitanui to be any lower than the third best ruckman in football. If Facebook comments don’t rate him that’s fine.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I think it's as simple as, if Nic Nat dominates so does our midfield.

Grundy and Gawn have routinely been BOG and their supposed A-grade midfields have been thrashed.

I know who I'd pick going into a final and it's not even close.

It’s one of the main reasons why I made the suggestion of Sheppard to wing, so we could have a ruckman cover one boundary and Shep on the other. Obviously Firefox crashed before I could formulate a better argument tho

Something, something Brendon Ah Chee.

Killed every contest he made on the wing last week and nearly killed Luke Ryan too.

Oh boy, N0rf missed another big fish with their war chest of cash. Horse is signing an extension with Sydney Swans. That has made my day!

With how well Shaw's going, that might not be a bad thing

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Think north dodged a bullet there and Longmire played it to his advantage perfectly. I think he's a similar coach to Brad Scott - consistent and will keep a team competitive but is just too inflexible to be able to get them back up the top. I don't see Sydney going anywhere for a few years.

I reckon North should go with a young gun to shake things up. Recycled coaches rarely win flags.

I reckon North should go with a young gun to shake things up. Recycled coaches rarely win flags.

If you were north you would be backing in Shaw surely?

Seems almost like history repeating?

Terry Wallace was set to take over at the Swans at the end of 2002 from Eade, but the care-taker Paul Roos impressed so much he ended up with the permanent gig.

Sliding doors moment, imagine if they had gone with plan A and had Wallace take over like they intended.

fomoco04

1992, 1994, 2006, 2018
Jun 18, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Deportivo, Man U
Oh boy, N0rf missed another big fish with their war chest of cash. Horse is signing an extension with Sydney Swans. That has made my day!

Someone clearly smells bad during the interviews down there.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Think north dodged a bullet there and Longmire played it to his advantage perfectly. I think he's a similar coach to Brad Scott - consistent and will keep a team competitive but is just too inflexible to be able to get them back up the top. I don't see Sydney going anywhere for a few years.

Way too harsh on Longmire TBF.

Got Sydney into 3 GF's, plus a prelim.
Win/loss ratio of 68% is one of the best in the league.

Scott on the other hand has a ratio of 50%.

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I swear the Freo board spend more time talking about Naitanui than they do about their own players. Obsessed.

OMG! I made the mistake of going into their Non Freo thread to see how they were enjoying last night haha 🤣
Their obsession with Nic Nat is quite unhealthy. Not to mention some of the comments... Incredible really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back