Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the worst news on facebook and came here to see if it was true. Turns out facebook was right.

Cheers to another 5 years of not fulfilling our lists potential.

View attachment 707772

also someone needs to check on Tedeski as he is going to have an erection that is not going to go down for days.
Him and Balnarring Bruce can show each other.

Congrats.

He's done quite well considering the serious transition phase the swans are currently undertaking, as he's kept the team very competitive.

I can see why your board extended his contract.

However even when he has one of the best lists he never extracts as much as he should from them.

You don't think the team have played to a high standard considering the current list profile?

You don't think the team have played to a high standard considering the current list profile?

Not really talking about current list profile, though we have had some very poor performances this year. I am more talking about how Longmire has no imagination at all and that he is regularly and consistently outcoached by the oppositions coach, especially in the big games.

You'd think most coaches/fans would be happy with 3 grand final appearances in the last 7 years...

Granted, criticism has been fair at times but I'm buoyed by the way John has managed to work with what he's got this year and tinker with the plan round by round. Promising signs for the future at this point.

Not really talking about current list profile, though we have had some very poor performances this year. I am more talking about how Longmire has no imagination at all and that he is regularly and consistently outcoached by the oppositions coach, especially in the big games.

Well, that's all you can appoint on mate. You're in transition and playing above expectations, IMHO, there's not much else he could realistically achieve, and I don't think the Swans are the sort of team that engages strip down rebuilds, so you would expect the same to continue.

We extended Scott's contract for basically the same reason.

BTW, there's no disgrace in getting out-coached by Clarkson, who I reckon is a genius.

However even when he has one of the best lists he never extracts as much as he should from them.

That is fairly subjective imo...

2014 we played a team that won 3 in a row, pretty chock full of talent themselves (*2014 was a s**t performance however).

2016 everyone expected to fall back a bit but we somehow made a grand final, and if we had a bit more luck, would probably have won it.

Our depth has been poor 17-18 and even 19.

Anyways... it’s all subjective :)

You'd think most coaches/fans would be happy with 3 grand final appearances in the last 7 years...

Granted, criticism has been fair at times but I'm buoyed by the way John has managed to work with what he's got this year and tinker with the plan round by round. Promising signs for the future at this point.

Majority of Swans fans are not happy with Longmire's coaching style and not happy that the Swans are so easy to plan against. It means in the big games against good opposition we struggle. There are a few people on this board that would defend Longmire no matter what, but on this board generally speaking Longmire is somewhere between dislike, and having a very lukewarm praise of him.

Well, that's all you can appoint on mate. You're in transition and playing above expectations, IMHO, there's not much else he could realistically achieve, and I don't think the Swans are the sort of team that engages strip down rebuilds, so you would expect the same to continue.

We extended Scott's contract for basically the same reason.

BTW, there's no disgrace in getting out-coached by Clarkson, who I reckon is a genius.

and getting outcoached by whoever was in charge at the Bulldogs, not to mention Nathan Buckley and even Simon Goodwin.

Imagine being upset at the club re-signing the coach with the second best win record in the league, with a good record of player development because you have some weird hang up about game style you can't even explain.

Perhaps because majority of Swans fans know we won't win another flag under Longmire. If we can't win the flag with him, why re-sign him. The Swans board are happy to be "thereabouts" but seemingly don't care too much about actually winning the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully this means Shaw gets the full time gig with norf, he certainly deserves it based on his great work with us and now them

Perhaps because majority of Swans fans know we won't win another flag under Longmire. If we can't win the flag with him, why re-sign him. The Swans board are happy to be "thereabouts" but seemingly don't care too much about actually winning the flag.

They “know” it do they? Lol

The people of BigFooty are in a better position to make this decision than the people within the walls of the club.

Comedy Central this place.

This is complete bullshit. The majority of Swans fans are psychics who have forgotten that Longmire has already won a flag?

Like Frankie Dettori riding in the Melbourne Cup 16 times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back