Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Williams
Fos - 6 x Premiership player 9 x Premiership Coach
Mark - 380 Senior games across SANFL/VFL AFL Premiership Coach. 4 SANFL flags
Stephen 272 SANFL/VFL games 6 x SANFL flags as player, 3 as coach
Anthony - 101 games with Port before being tragically killed.
Jenny - National Lacrosse Captain and Dee Snider lookalike.

Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
the Ebert family goes back a bit for Port Adelaide with Russel Ebert, his son Brett and nephew Brad

Ebert's brothers Craig and Jeff also played for Port Adelaide in the SANFL. His son Brett and his nephew Brad Ebert have both played for Port Adelaide in the SANFL and AFL. Brad Ebert's grandfather is Trevor Obst and great-grandfather is Ken Obst who also both played for Port Adelaide.[11]

The Obsts include Andrew who played with Melbourne in the AFL in the 90s.

Randall Stevens

Senior List
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ablett/tuck family.
6 Abletts in the last 40 years, and Gary's sister married Michael Tuck which adds another 2 cousins to Gary Jr.

And Len Ablett (uncle of Gary Snr, Geoff and Kevin) played in Richmonds 1943 premiership side. That means there have been five members of the family play in premierships with four different clubs, over three generations. (Len at Richmond, Geoff 2 flags at Hawthorn, Gary Jnr 2 with Geelong, Nathan 1 at Geelong and Luke 1 at Sydney).

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
The Williams
Fos - 6 x Premiership player 9 x Premiership Coach
Mark - 380 Senior games across SANFL/VFL AFL Premiership Coach. 4 SANFL flags
Stephen 272 SANFL/VFL games 6 x SANFL flags as player, 3 as coach
Anthony - 101 games with Port before being tragically killed.
Jenny - National Lacrosse Captain and Dee Snider lookalike.

I think you've confused poor old Jenny with Chris Mayne.

Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Bills, Ducks, Leafs
Ron Barassi Sr and Jr.

Ron Sr. was killed at Tobruk during WWII, and reportedly Melbourne petitioned the VFL to introduce the father-son rule to ensure Ron Jr. played with them - he was the 2nd player signed under the rule.

Sr's last VFL game was the 1940 GF, which Melbourne won. Jr won 6 flags as a player, 4 as a coach.

I reckon they belong on this list.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
And with an interesting story of how an Italian surname came to rest on a famous Indigenous footy family: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/597216b2bda5eec05858c403bcb2f1d5

A WA teacher by the name of Richard Woodgate (close I hope its been a while) went to the Tiwis in the late 60s to work, he'd played a few games for South Freo (mainly in the seconds?) & convinced Sebastian to go down to Perth & give it a go.
Woodgate is an unsung hero of Aussie Rules .

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Charlie Pannam Sr played 229 games between 1894 and 1907. Club captain and won a league goal kicking trophy. His younger brother Albert also played 28 games at the Pies.

Two of Charlie's 5 sons played VFL for the Pies - Charlie Jr and Alby.

Charlie Sr's daughter produced Lou and Ron Richards, who between them played 393 games for the Pies.

All up 928 games and 1,125 goals contributed by the Richards/Pannam clans.

A good mate of mine is a descendent of the Pannams. Massive tigers fan. Ha ha.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Charlie Pannam Sr played 229 games between 1894 and 1907. Club captain and won a league goal kicking trophy. His younger brother Albert also played 28 games at the Pies.

Two of Charlie's 5 sons played VFL for the Pies - Charlie Jr and Alby.

Charlie Sr's daughter produced Lou and Ron Richards, who between them played 393 games for the Pies.

All up 928 games and 1,125 goals contributed by the Richards/Pannam clans.

A good mate of mine is a descendent of the Pannams. Massive tigers fan. Ha ha.

I didn't know there was a Pannam sr, did he play at the Pies like his boys?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
And with an interesting story of how an Italian surname came to rest on a famous Indigenous footy family: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/597216b2bda5eec05858c403bcb2f1d5

just looked at the Rioli wiki come family tree, Benny Vigona would not be well known outside WA & NT, believe me he was as silky as any of the rest of the family, looks like Willie Jnr (as in our Willie of 2018 premiership fame), his Mum was a Virgona, how bout that, how good are these guys, ALL of them.
Yes I know the spelling.

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
I didn't know there was a Pannam sr, did he play at the Pies like his boys?
I'm pretty sure, yes. I got the info from Collingwood website, link below for those interested.

Back