Game Day AFL Round 17 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@West Coast (Optus Stadium – 8:10PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2005 we were on the bottom of the ladder and had named a few kids for our clash with the undefeated top of the table West Coast Eagles. Another wonderful memory.

This is the Game that made me start going to Games Permantall.

My Favourite Non-Finals Win

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Come back with your shields or upon them Magpies. Thats all I ask.

ThePhantom777

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2014
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
I felt exactly like you one overcast day at the G. We were playing the Eagles. The build up to this game was eerily similar to tonight's game. Read about it for yourself. I was glad to be there and watch it happen. Unbelievable.

In 2005 we were on the bottom of the ladder and had named a few kids for our clash with the undefeated top of the table West Coast Eagles. Another wonderful memory.

My dad took me down for my birthday. First time watching a game live at the MCG. Cracker of an arvo and got to go on the ground afterwards.

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
Pies by 13 we love a roadtrip

Reckon we will struggle tonight. Can’t see where we score goals from. Need a big form reversal. On paper a team well off our best.

Eagles would have to drop a long way for us to be competitive. Think we will come out hard though. Would be very happy to keep this under 30 points. The two weeks after that will tell a story. We need to win at least one of them. Currently we don’t look likely but tonight if we can find some form we may
be a better chance. A big loss tonight could see us fall of the pace of the 4.

atomiser

Debutant
Mar 28, 2019
Out West
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reckon we will struggle tonight. Can’t see where we score goals from. Need a big form reversal. On paper a team well off our best.

Eagles would have to drop a long way for us to be competitive. Think we will come out hard though. Would be very happy to keep this under 30 points. The two weeks after that will tell a story. We need to win at least one of them. Currently we don’t look likely but tonight if we can find some form we may
be a better chance. A big loss tonight could see us fall of the pace of the 4.
Have faith, I have a feeling we're going to win this, and it's not a feeling i get too often, go Pies

Anything can happen and many times this season it actually has. Hoping this week is Collingwood's "Anything can happen" game. Everything goes right, Cox finds his mojo, Jelly kicks a bag, Crocker bags a couple, Levi hassles Gaff out of the game and into a tribunal sitting, Grundy outdoes Grundy to have his best game of the year, Pendles and Rusty rack up 60 disposals between them, Treloar goes at 90% efficiency, Darcy and Rough prompt the WA cops to instigate a manhunt for Darling and JK, IQ gets his first brownlow votes for 500m gained and a goal of the the year contender, rising star nom for the Nobleman on debut, and Bucks smiling in the booth for the entire last quarter. Without hope we're hopeless. Go Pies!!!

Have faith, I have a feeling we're going to win this, and it's not a feeling i get too often, go Pies
It’s a long while since we have had success on a regular basis in the West. Upset would be a major surprise. Not impossible but a loss with a bit of scoring by us is acceptable tonight then hope we can snag at least one win against WCE and Tigers. After that with a few more back hopefully we can steady the ship for a finals tilt.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Me bunion's been tinglin a bit today so we are going to be in this up to our neckholes. This is tailor made for us. We thrive on this sh*t!

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
If we get within 10 goals I’ll be surprised. Eagles have better Forwards, mids and backs. If we had a full team and playing at our best then maybe but we are not playing well nor do we have our best team.
10 goals + loss and big footy Collingwood thread to explode.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stephenson, Langdon, Howe = -3

Moore, Roughead, Elliott = +3

Therefore we will have our first draw for 2019.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
We are all hoping for an upset victory. The chances are there, certainly the pies are against the wall and that is when you would expect an out of the box performance. Truth is we have not shown the four quarter form that could beat the eagles all year. I will be interested so see how we play, what game plan we use to combat this team, how we respond to the challenges and, of course, how our new talent goes.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
If we get within 10 goals I’ll be surprised. Eagles have better Forwards, mids and backs. If we had a full team and playing at our best then maybe but we are not playing well nor do we have our best team.
10 goals + loss and big footy Collingwood thread to explode.

Not sure if you want a loss, win or BF to explode, me thinks you’re just an immature troll?

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Yeah waow. The battle of the Chads. We won a game with Fanning in it!!!

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
Damn Straight my man. Only we could pull that off! So this ain't nothin' compared to that challenge.

Fanning has a special spot in my memory bank too. Worst I've ever seen pull on the jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back