Game Day AFL Round 17 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@West Coast (Optus Stadium – 8:10PM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season turns around here. Tough road win. Would have loved to hear Bucks pre game speech.

Has there been any word on if you guys are going through a strong training block in preparation for finals? Feel like that's the case personally.

Sidey to fire up tonight and be BOG.

Not sure if you want a loss, win or BF to explode, me thinks you’re just an immature troll?

I don’t want anything, I’m actually looking at the game clearly and rationally, unlike most people on here. Form and team balance is all with the WCE and if you don’t think that then don’t talk to me. As for bigfooty exploding, well have a read of the threads the last few weeks.

I felt exactly like you one overcast day at the G. We were playing the Eagles. The build up to this game was eerily similar to tonight's game. Read about it for yourself. I was glad to be there and watch it happen. Unbelievable.

In 2005 we were on the bottom of the ladder and had named a few kids for our clash with the undefeated top of the table West Coast Eagles. Another wonderful memory.

Chris Egan looked like a player back then.

The telecast just presented stats for Grundy vs Naitanui and included their twitter/insta follower count alongside other statistical measures such as average hitouts. I just lost all faith in humanity.

My big points of interest tonight.

Team: What will we do differently this time against Eagles given we've lose the same way against them 4 times in a row.

Individuals: Who will stand up tonight in our biggest game of the season?

Youngsters: What glimpses will Quaynor and Noble show?

Fighting for career: Will Crock play his role well enough to give the coaches faith he can do a job for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The telecast just presented stats for Grundy vs Naitanui and included their twitter/insta follower count alongside other statistical measures such as average hitouts. I just lost all faith in humanity.

I’m sure my monumental eye roll at seeing that on the tv screen registered on the Richter scale. Ch 7 is a deadset joke when it comes to decent and credible football broadcasting.

Hoping we get a jump on them early then go on with it.
Away against a genuine top four contender and recent nemesis in a hostile stadium.
We’ll be up for it.
Go Pies !!

Did the commentary just say Sidebottom isn't playing or am I imagining things?

I'm a fan of Mihocek but if he goes to McGovern before the bounce of the ball it'll be deflating.

It just hasn't worked to date.

Have we ever tried Mayne on McGovern again since the time he was successful in subduing his influence for a half?

To nullify McGovern you either need to take a very defensive mindset and have the forward engage him like a defender would or you need to try and expose his desire to zone off his opponent and look to play through that opponent inside f50.

Obviously easier said than done but Mayne might be the player best suited to balance both options such is his experience and willingness to apply himself to a role.

He was once a more than handy goal kicker for Fremantle so it's not like forward craft is completely foreign to him either.

The forward doesn’t choose his opponent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back