Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie rules must be the only sport I've ever seen where playing the game is considered as some form of machismo and therefore worthy of respect and/or adulation.

You're chasing a leather ball around a field...

Good to have some sensible perspective.
i chased a cow once

Thankfully given the similarities between Tassy and NZ, it was not a sheep.

Ducks for cover.

Disagree entirely with that. Geelong choked hard in 2008 and we choked in 2016.

Then you’re another who has never put it on the line. I’d accept 2014, but to say that about 2016 is either ignorant or disgraceful. I’ll be kind and consider you ignorant.

What was done to our players and our club that day was contemptible. As evidenced by the AFL’s quiet apology a week or so later.

Then you’re another who has never put it on the line. I’d accept 2014, but to say that about 2016 is either ignorant or disgraceful. I’ll be kind and consider you ignorant.

What was done to our players and our club that day was contemptible. As evidenced by the AFL’s quiet apology a week or so later.

So I guess we should shut this site down since apparently only AFL players are allowed to comment.

Every male contact sport has that element. And that’s why they have that level of support.

I've watched extensive contact sports, including NFL, League, NHL, and I can safely say none of them have the courage required/bravery nonsense that is prevalent in watching Aussie Rules.

Maybe it's just one or two commentators, but It's over the top.

It's not MMA ffs. (unless you're Toby Greene)

So I guess we should shut this site down since apparently only AFL players are allowed to comment.

No. You keep appropriating meanings that my words don’t justify.

I said that no one who had ever stood under a high ball or backed into a pack would accuse or 2016 side of choking.

Our guys gave effort that day. They played their hearts out.

They didn’t choke.

I was enormously critical after 2014.

But if you lazily throw around cliches like “they choked” about 2016 then expect blokes like me to call you out.

I've watched extensive contact sports, including NFL, League, NHL, and I can safely say none of them have the courage required/bravery nonsense that is prevalent in watching Aussie Rules.

Maybe it's just one or two commentators, but It's over the top.

It's not MMA ffs. (unless you're Toby Greene)

Well all of those sports have an off side rule. There’s protection there. But all also require courage. I don’t follow them extensively but when I do, I always admire the courage. Courage is the absolute critical element.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree entirely with that. Geelong choked hard in 2008 and we choked in 2016.
They changed the rush behind rules after the 08 grand final. Geelong may have choked as you put it but the Hawks didn’t play in the spirit of the game which saw a rule change.

In 2016 would be nice if Franklin wasn’t injured early and Hannebery wasn’t taken out by Wood when the scores were level with 10 to go. Choke indeed.

Did you get through to SEN yet?

Last edited:
No. You keep appropriating meanings that my words don’t justify.

I said that no one who had ever stood under a high ball or backed into a pack would accuse or 2016 side of choking.

Our guys gave effort that day. They played their hearts out.

They didn’t choke.

I was enormously critical after 2014.

But if you lazily throw around cliches like “they choked” about 2016 then expect blokes like me to call you out.

Our guys went into a game as rightful favourites, being a much better list than the Bulldogs, and they ended up losing. That is choking.

Our guys went into a game as rightful favourites, being a much better list than the Bulldogs, and they ended up losing. That is choking.

Umpiring aside, the analysis of 2016 is pretty disrespectful of the Dogs.

We got spanked in the first week by GWS.

The dogs beat West Coast in Perth by 47 points. They then beat GWS by 6 at Spotless.

2014 was pathetic, but 2016 we had a real crack and literally everything fell the Dogs way. They played well.

You speak so much s**t sorry mate if that's disrespectful. We choked in 2016, bloody hell.

Umpiring aside, the analysis of 2016 is pretty disrespectful of the Dogs.

We got spanked in the first week by GWS.

The dogs beat West Coast in Perth by 47 points. They then beat GWS by 6 at Spotless.

2014 was pathetic, but 2016 we had a real crack and literally everything fell the Dogs way. They played well.

We selected the odd injury crocked player and then copped Buddy and Hanners injuries. That said a few of our blokes did not stand up to the big moments - Tippett and Rohan.

Even acknowledging the rub of the green went against us, it was a loss on our mobs watch. 2014 was a disgrace and imo we were outselected, out coached and outplayed. Yep the umps were diabolical but we still should have won.

Footscray still rightly celebrate but they won with a vastly inferior team.

Mate majority of them would cheer them off if they lost every game cos they are their boys and they love horse

I think most are happy with whatever the club does

Like most fans see Essendon fans supporting the druggies
Seriously? I get that your probably pissed and disappointed... But to compare us to the Essendon fans? That's a really pathetic thing to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back