Review Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You know he's struggling.
He's flashed up and kicked gimmee goals and lucky goals.
It hurts but the big man is past it I'm sorry to say.

Yeah he’s struggling, nobody is saying give him the Brownlow.

He’s kicked 30 goals in 14 games, he’s starting to slow up but still plays a vital role.

The Eagles lead the league in scoring since Round 8. Evidently we don’t “struggle to score” with him in the team.

+
Jetta was very good
Shep also

-
got absolutely shat on in contested possession (or seemed to, I haven't seen the stats) couldn't seem to get the ball at all in the last. Pies a very good midfield.

Meh, surprisingly im pretty zen. Perfect storm:

* Back-to-back wet games
* 6 day break
* Collingwood trying to shake off a bad run of form
* Collingwood wanting to break the hoodoo

Im more disappointed in the loss of Cripps TBH.

Positives:

* Cameron
* Allen did some good stuff
* Nic looks like he can go toe-to-toe with the best ruck in the league
* Jetta playing like a dude 5 years younger
* Collingwood threw everything and the kitchen sink at us and only won by a point. Yeah I know, blah blah injuries, blah blah debutante. They had a million more inside 50s and clearances than us and should have won by more

Negatives:

* Cripps. So important to the forward line I would say we cant win the Premiership if he doesnt get up
* Kennedy. Goalless in 2 games now. Needs to be better
* Not scoring for 1.5 quarters. Possibly a result of trying to conserve waning energy, but needs to be looked at
* The defense. Dunno if it was the loss of Duggan or what but they seemed to be getting into each other's way and/ or didnt know where they should be. Speaking of which...
* Cole. Not enough of an impact and disappointing considering his WAFL form. Schoey needs to replace him.
* Simmo. Didnt like the juxtaposition at 3 quarter time between him and Bucks. Buckley was in there revving up his charges, whilst the guy coaching the team who hadnt scored in half a quarter of football stood around with hands in his pockets. No Simmo, you're the coach - tell the boys what they're doing wrong and fix it.

+still top 4
Cameron
Great game

-should have put them away in the third and didnt
JK... Concerning
Defence was putrid early

+'s
- Cameron
- Darling

-ve's
-Second is basically gone now. Absolutely disgusting effort.
- Tom Cole is garbage and is probably the worst WC premiership player of all time next to Steven Armstrong.
- Kennedy looks terrible. Don't know how long he has left.
- Our transition from defence in the last quarter was horrific. What's the definition of insanity again? Cowardly stuff.
- Gaff must be the most ineffective 30 possession player in the AFL.
- People making excuses for us being gassed in the 4th quarter. It shouldn't happen at this stage of the season. Especially against a team who are woefully out of form.

WC kicked to the big pack because they knew they couldn't win a ball in open space.

I really think those last 2 games have sapped the energy.

Negative 4th qtr.

No excuses we didn't travel, should have been able to run this out.
d1660d55865ff7ade94331953c9d9547.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There's still a month and a half of the season left. A lot to play out. Would rather a wake up call now and see what we're made of instead of coasting to second spot and get caught napping too late.
That is one way of looking at it, but I'd rather have the wake up call next week against Melbourne than give a leg-up to another top two contender.

Simmo. Didnt like the juxtaposition at 3 quarter time between him and Bucks. Buckley was in there revving up his charges, whilst the guy coaching the team who hadnt scored in half a quarter of football stood around with hands in his pockets. No Simmo, you're the coach - tell the boys what they're doing wrong and fix it.

Yeah I noticed that too.

I think Simmo knew the boys were gassed and so did Buckley thats why he said to run at all costs.

That last quarter was abysmal. Just seemed to run out of puff after 3/4 time.
Game was lost in the first quarter when our midfield gave us what shoud have been a match winning lead. This was squandered by some shocking defence. Barrass got it very wrong back there. Cole in was a huge mistake and Schofield should have played. Kennedy has just played his second scoreless game after a streak of about 130. Might be his last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You all are hating on Eagleboy but the fact is Kennedy is clearly on a downward trend. Guy about to turn 32. How many players do we keep playing long after that?

He’s gone full Chernobyl no need to defend him. Everyone can see that Kennedy is struggling but even when struggling he’s pulling the best defender and crashing packs so the smalls can crumb. He’s also kicked 30 goals while his body fails him, we need him for the time being.

I'm going to go against the grain here on Cameron.

Yes I was praising him. But in the second half, he had 3 x howler kicks from the back 50 that resulted in bad bad turnovers.

Love the kid and his hardness.

The vitrole on Kennedy is a bit over the top. But his form over the last 2 games is very concerning.

What a s**t 24 hours. Both the Australian cricket team and the Eagles shat the bed. I feel like Shinji Akari right now.

We lost one game against a team we’ve played five times in a year. 4-1.

We lost our second game from the last 10. 8-2.

Percentage off second with Melbourne, North and Carlton coming up. Fold the club.

I'm going to go against the grain here on Cameron.

Yes I was praising him. But in the second half, he had 3 x howler kicks from the back 50 that resulted in bad bad turnovers.

Love the kid and his hardness.

The vitrole on Kennedy is a bit over the top. But his form over the last 2 games is very concerning.

He had some good contests.

The fact is he is in his 4th game. Can't expect him to be the savior.

You all are hating on Eagleboy but the fact is Kennedy is clearly on a downward trend. Guy about to turn 32. How many players do we keep playing long after that?
Of course he is on a downward trend. That is not in dispute. But telling him to hang the boots now and he's useless .. that's a bit much.

I always said last year, that this would be his last and got howled down.

Laying until him though is direspecful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back