List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look like they do. Here's hoping. Nearly draft them as enforcers and hard men despite skills. We're definitely missing that at the moment. If they can play, even better!

I've always wondered if some club would one day bring in a 120 kg monster from another football code who might not be particularly good at 3km time trials but who could play as a stoppage enforcer burying opposition mids into the turf with brutal tackles.

I've always wondered if some club would one day bring in a 120 kg monster from another football code who might not be particularly good at 3km time trials but who could play as a stoppage enforcer burying opposition mids into the turf with brutal tackles.
Because they'd make it to about 5 contests before they blew up

That's kinda like saying the last two times we've made top four we haven't won anything, so lets stop trying to make the top four. :)

Even the law of averages says it's worth a shot. They're basically a free hit, it's not like it's instead of drafting blokes. Right now the Irish experiment is paying betters divs than our NGA has so far.

Don't understand why anyone would be against taking the chance.
of course you can't see it, you've made a decision based on 10 games for one bloke and 15 for the other

Clarko has always said 50, and the guys they persist with to 50 they see enough to do so

the guys they don't, well they don't make it to 50 games

but this is the club who see them all week at training, watch the footage of their games with them, know what they were being asked to do and measured against and see a lot more than we do from the pretty poor coverage on TV/ we do from going to the game

My point is that you've written off two blokes based on a very small sample and are now writing off anyone else from Ireland based on that as well.

There are enough Irish blokes that have made decent AFL careers for it to be something to continue looking at.

It's another pathway for talent, requires a different investment to be fair, but that is part of why the club would be looking at it.

Doesn't require them to use the same resources.

The other fun thing I've seen thrown around is they'd be bottom 6 in a premiership team, like that's a bad thing.

You still need to have a bottom 6 in a premiership team, and being good enough to be one of those on a strong list still makes you a reasonable footballer. Better than most of the guys running around in VFL etc

Not every young player will make it, not every kid we are playing now will be a star, but given how the club has been going about bringing in top end talent, we need as many of these kinds of moves to pay off if for no other reason than to make sure we have enough depth in the list to compete
Good points,
That's kinda like saying the last two times we've made top four we haven't won anything, so lets stop trying to make the top four. :)

Even the law of averages says it's worth a shot. They're basically a free hit, it's not like it's instead of drafting blokes. Right now the Irish experiment is paying betters divs than our NGA has so far.

Don't understand why anyone would be against taking the chance.
Its kind of not, but hey, good analogy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know much about Pepper other than that he's in our academy and recently played Vic Country, can someone fill me in as to what type of player he is? Plays like..............................

I don't know much about Pepper other than that he's in our academy and recently played Vic Country, can someone fill me in as to what type of player he is? Plays like..............................

he is a half forw/half back flanker, physically he is 180cm 83kg, looks taller, wide shoulders, strong build, has also had some time in the midfield, so very flexible, he is good at winning 1 v 1's and is also good in the air, for Vic Country he played on the smaller forws and did a good job in the backline, his disposal can be a bit messy, which is his main weakness and why he might go last half of the draft

the first one is Harry Pepper number 10, the 2nd one i think is Harry Pepper is number 8 with the long hair? a couple of years back as a 16 year old? playing with a few more country draft hopefuls in Flanders, Rantall, Herbert ect playing basketball, couldnt find any short clips of his footy though...

Some very good athleticism and passing instincts on display there, his tenacity and ability to read the play was also impressive. These are the important boxes you need to tick to play AFL. Hopefully his disposal can improve and if so there might be a player there for us. You would expect his skills to improve rapidly in a full time program and combined with basketball off the scene it all could come together. It sounds as though playing on opposition small forwards would be his go if he can make it.

he is a half forw/half back flanker, physically he is 180cm 83kg, looks taller, wide shoulders, strong build, has also had some time in the midfield, so very flexible, he is good at winning 1 v 1's and is also good in the air, for Vic Country he played on the smaller forws and did a good job in the backline, his disposal can be a bit messy, which is his main weakness and why he might go last half of the draft

the first one is Harry Pepper number 10, the 2nd one i think is Harry Pepper is number 8 with the long hair? a couple of years back as a 16 year old? playing with a few more country draft hopefuls in Flanders, Rantall, Herbert ect playing basketball, couldnt find any short clips of his footy though...

Do you think we will take him this year?

Salele Feagaimalii

man child!

Salele-Feagaimalii.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back