List Mgmt. 2017 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - Post Trade-Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Great joke. Never heard it before.

No, I'm enjoying a quieter life with mountain views, river views, breathtaking scenery, an over abundance of fresh and delicious food, and a generous pay rise with my gorgeous wife, and beautiful baby girl.
Tassy is awesome, good for you. Alot of the jokes come from WA folk who've never left or even been to Tas, I'd potentially love to live there one day so much beauty, clean air, nature ect.

Enjoy mate :thumbsu:

I'd love to move to Tazzy personally.

Just need to set myself up a bit more as i dont really trust the economy down there.

Get few more houses paid off and BAM.. I'm there.
Get some crypro coins matey and move down next month

This is true ^

I keep thinking i'm going to retire in Tassy, but the misty rain and coldness probs won't do my brittle bones any good at that point.

Get some crypro coins matey and move down next month

Yeah bro, just gotta listen to the boyz at work for Crypto advice, they're all experts.

Yeah tassie is great. Might have to do some research on potcoin
Don't bother. It's probably just a scam or a joke.
Think it's trying to integrate the supply chain of the legal variety of the green stuff utilising blockchain.
Real pointless s**t in a practically non existent industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely pr0n coin would be a winner....
This one is interesting as a coin could actually work being such a big industry.

This one was a scam...
https://news.bitcoin.com/fantasy-market-pr0n-coin-ceo-ghosts-ico-folds-investors-lose/

But there is still a coin call FAPcoin :D

with my gorgeous wife

Are you marrying your cousin or something??

Jokes on you, he’s already married his cousin.

In all seriousness though, Tassie would be an amazing place live. Cooler whether would suit me just fine. And I’m not much of a fan of people, too many campaigners around the place. So a house in a secluded area with mountain and river views sounds f**king excellent to me.

Jokes on you, he’s already married his cousin.

In all seriousness though, Tassie would be an amazing place live. Cooler whether would suit me just fine. And I’m not much of a fan of people, too many campaigners around the place. So a house in a secluded area with mountain and river views sounds f**king excellent to me.
What's stopping you ?

Freo had the chance to sign McGovern for basically nothing years ago when Hasleby told the club to do so when he was fat and struggling on our rookie list.

Haselby was on your rookie list?

What's with this lame scoreboard graphics s**t

Edit: whoops didn't realise this wasn't the non footy thread

Yeah thats some really good odds there. How many post round 1 midfielders have been taken over that time (20 years)? Hundreds? A THOUSAND?!

So thats what a 1-2% success rate? I didn't say its impossible I said it's highly unlikely and with better scouting techniques its actually getting HARDER not easier to get lucky.

Shuey was rated but was injured. Watson was a father son. You have to go back to Simon Black (20 YEARS AGO!) to pad out the list to double figures.

The odds are even worse then I thought. Thanks for proving my point.

So we should not pick a A grade KPP for a 1 in a 100 chance for A grade mid? Thank god you are not on our recruitment team.
Max zero
Here you go mate, this is you explaining to us why it would be pointless to draft Kelly or midfielders generally in the second round because you only get B-graders outside of the first round.

Implicitly you seem to be of the view that drafting A-grade KPPs in the second round and later is a much higher percentage play.

Got any stats to back your theory?

Max zero
Here you go mate, this is you explaining to us why it would be pointless to draft Kelly or midfielders generally in the second round because you only get B-graders outside of the first round.

Implicitly you seem to be of the view that drafting A-grade KPPs in the second round and later is a much higher percentage play.

Got any stats to back your theory?

Did you even read what I was referring to or did you just read what you wanted to read to suit your argument?

This does not apply to just midfielders but to all picks. Don't expect a star outside the top 10 (or a superstar out of the top 5-6). Sure if you get one: lucky you! But otherwise expect everything from 11 onwards to just be decent rather then amazing and I reckon you will have a lot less grief.

The one exception to this is sliders and 'xfactor high risk' players. Sliders are often top talent but have a significant non football flaw that lowers their value. For Darling it was offield behavior, for Shuey it was injury for Lamb it was attitude. If you can fix this flaw you can get a bargain and 'cheat' the odds. It worked out for Shuey and Darling but didn't for Lamb.

In this current draft it's Ryan for commitment and for Petruccelle it's his non football background. Maybe we might strike it lucky.

Only early teen 1st round picks pretty much turned out as expected. Duggan and Sheed are good solid B grade midfielders. Do I hope one (or both) take the next step and become A graders? Hell yes but that is unlikely.

Just feel like posters drastically overrate draft picks ESPECIALLY outside the top half a dozen or so.

Here I will make it big for you so you don't ignore it:

This does not apply to just midfielders but to all picks.

I was refering to the general overrating of draft picks.

My stats are already there. Took you 20 years to find a very limited list of a dozen or so A grade mids taken in the second round. Piss poor strike rate. So instead of taking those speculative picks we should of traded them for know quantities like Tim Kelly. I 100% stand by that call.

Thats the best you got champ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back