Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive read this book before

Your ideas are sound , its how clubs execute them that irks me. The bottom 3? clubs had access to mature age players and mostly traded them out or added them as steak knives to a deal

Clubs dont want mature players .

Only two clubs had access to mature agers - Suns and Blues - and only Carlton traded them away.

Suns smartly used all three and they’ve played a fair bit this year; Collins (who was fantastic before injury), Burgess and Corbett.

Bick's
Just curiosity do, you think Lachlan Ash, could become a 1st class M/Fielder
Quite possibly but not sure whoever drafts him would have that in front of mind. Metres Gained players like Lachie Ash are a very valuable commodity in today's AFL setting play up from half back/wing. I'd best describe Ash as Brodie Smith on steroids. Better defensively/man on man than Smith IMO. Ash's dare, hardness and willingness to take the game on along with his speed and agility make him a very attractive prospect indeed. Personally I'd take him before Hayden Young because of his more attacking mindset and flair.

I think this list shows that our priority should be a 1st class Midfielder/Forward with our 1st pick in this draft, we just do not have a mid that can consistently get among the goals.

Surprisingly there's a few that could fill that bill, top of my list would be these five.

1. Noah Anderson
2. Brodie Kemp
3. Caleb Serong
4. Sam Flanders
5. Dylan Williams

I think this list shows that our priority should be a 1st class Midfielder/Forward with our 1st pick in this draft, we just do not have a mid that can consistently get among the goals.

Surprisingly there's a few that could fill that bill, top of my list would be these five.

1. Nathan Anderson
2. Brodie Kemp
3. Caleb Serong
4. Sam Flanders
5. Dylan Williams
Noah?

1. Noah Anderson
2. Brodie Kemp
3. Caleb Serong
4. Sam Flanders
5. Dylan Williams
I haven't watched much of the underage stuff this year but i noticed knightmare has williams at 20 on his July power rankings, I liked what I saw of him last year, surely he doesn't slide that far? would be amazing if he was at carltons second round pick.

I haven't watched much of the underage stuff this year but i noticed knightmare has williams at 20 on his July power rankings, I liked what I saw of him last year, surely he doesn't slide that far? would be amazing if he was at carltons second round pick.
He's had niggling injuries this year but no doubt the club scouts will be watching his APS games and with the Oakleigh Chargers to get a plethora of their top players back at the conclusion of the school footy Williams will likely get the opportunity to strut his stuff in the NAB League Finals which will put him back in the spotlight. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

There are a few south Australian prospects that could be around our second that fit our needs, in the form of speed, endurance and/or class. It's a good pick to have.

There are a few south Australian prospects that could be around our second that fit our needs, in the form of speed, endurance and/or class. It's a good pick to have.
That pick might already be spent on a Haggis special.....you don't need a hint do you?

Last edited:

1. Noah Anderson
2. Brodie Kemp
3. Caleb Serong
4. Sam Flanders
5. Dylan Williams

Who is the better kick out of Anderson and Kemp?

Serong and Ash are the two that caught my eye. Both just seem to read the play incredibly well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haggis special being because he is Tasmanian, because O'Neil isn't exactly flying under the radar as a dual all Australian.

Would happily take him at 20 if available
Go close I reckon.

Highly skilled and quick like our 2018 draftees

Who is the better kick out of Anderson and Kemp?

Serong and Ash are the two that caught my eye. Both just seem to read the play incredibly well.
Take your pick both decent, both have plenty of hurt factor by foot, Anderson's game the more advanced of the two.

Go close I reckon.

Highly skilled and quick like our 2018 draftees
Lovely crop of mids this year, keeping in mind I mainly see south aussies bar a few championships games.

Robertson/Taheny/O'Neil/Stephens x 2/Rantall/Young/Bianco and even Schoenberg after his champs all have attributes of class or at least elite running coupled with hardness at the coal face available 10-20

Would be pretty happy with any of them at 20 personally.

Lovely crop of mids this year, keeping in mind I mainly see south aussies bar a few championships games.

Robertson/Taheny/O'Neil/Stephens x 2/Rantall/Young/Bianco and even Schoenberg after his champs all have attributes of class or at least elite running coupled with hardness at the coal face available 10-20

Would be pretty happy with any of them at 20 personally.
Young has played some midfield and never really impressed. I doubt the club that selects him will have midfield in mind with his elite foot skills and ability to read the play in defence.

Haggis special being because he is Tasmanian, because O'Neil isn't exactly flying under the radar as a dual all Australian.

Would happily take him at 20 if available
Will be interesting if Tas get their own team what poaching rules are. Previously limited too one per club, but if we have them all what are they going to do?

Will be interesting if Tas get their own team what poaching rules are. Previously limited too one per club, but if we have them all what are they going to do?
Still quite few out there :)

Take your pick both decent, both have plenty of hurt factor by foot, Anderson's game the more advanced of the two.
If wee take another small with one of our top 2 picks I will lose it .
I know we were drooling over getting a top 2 pick but I wonder with. go home factor with Anderson and Rowell ,but more importantly lots of top prospects in top 20 if it worth good thought about trading pick 2 to get a pick in top 12, plus 2 in around top 20 with our need to inject a lot more young talent into our squad.
I know lot of Hamish fans on here but I believe he has to get this years picks right or might be under a bit of pressure .

Young has played some midfield and never really impressed. I doubt the club that selects him will have midfield in mind with his elite foot skills and ability to read the play in defence.
Exactly - alot of the time they are just not midfielders

Even mids at U18 level end up half backs because it’s not easy to work your way into an AFL midfield

If wee take another small with one of our top 2 picks I will lose it .
I know we were drooling over getting a top 2 pick but I wonder with. go home factor with Anderson and Rowell ,but more importantly lots of top prospects in top 20 if it worth good thought about trading pick 2 to get a pick in top 12, plus 2 in around top 20 with our need to inject a lot more young talent into our squad.
I know lot of Hamish fans on here but I believe he has to get this years picks right or might be under a bit of pressure .
To be fair the only 1st rounder he’s really missed in his time is Galluci and even that isn’t a massive fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back