Changes vs Melbourne, melt away!

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting point. Do we need more endurance runners?

I guess it depends on how the boys pull up over the 8 day break.
Not just endurance runners but guys that can get into space and find the ball .

Ryan cameron petracelle are averaging less than 10 touches .

Cripps has been playing alot of wing this year .

Worried about Thick Nat’s ankle. Looked proppy on it after that contest with Gov in the 1st quarter.

Duggan played through one during the Derby flogging and look how that panned out.

Ankle injuries + Optus’ roadlike surface have not fared well for us this season. Fingers crossed

In: Waterman/Schofield, Petrucelle, M. Allen

Out: Cripps (Inj) Cole, Rioli

Cole was at his fumbly best tonight, our back line in general though just seemed out of sorts letting the likes of Brodie and Cox kick 7 between them WTF?
I think Rioli has had enough time back now to have shown more than he has and needs a spell in the twos, Cameron in a short space of time has gone past him. Rioli will be back before the seasons end. Cripps injury is a massive blow, he has been crucial in our recent wins and he's irreplaceable in my opinion, Waterman comes closest to him just needs to become a better 4 quarter player.

Need to get the tall/small balance right obviously. We will stick with Kennedy, goalless in last two games though, might get 'managed' the week after if he doesn't fire up.

Think we patted ourselves on the back a bit too much after the derby win, Freo put in a shocker and we had no opposition basically halfway through the second quarter onward. Collingwood gave us a big wake up call and were always going to give us a close contest, hopefully it's ringing home that we still aren't at the level we were last year and need to work hard to get there. Injuries are starting to build up too after having a semi decent run. Two key players missing now (Cripps and Duggin) probably until finals.

Last edited:
Change 1 - Waterman for Cripps (injured)
We missed the run from Cripps and Waterman has been delivering this at WAFL

Change 2 - Rotham for Cole (omitted)
Tom has been below par at AFL and I had hoped his WAFL stint solved it. Rotham deserves a sustained run.

Change 3 - Ah Chee for JK (managed)
Can’t see this happening but JK is so out of touch it is bordering on embarrassing how he is Off the pace and with Oscar up front, I am not liking the team balance.

I think O Allen will overtake that Kennedy role next season but nows not the time.

We need Kennedy to give it one last go.
I would keep Kennedy in as he can turn it around and we know hes got the ability to kick a few but last night was his worst game I've ever seen from him. Can't be carrying that for too long so he needs to lift asap.
Sadly it looks like this will be his last season. Maybe with his good mate Lecras gone last season and the premiership he has lost desire. That's what it looks like to me. He has it in him but his mind is elsewhere right now. Probably thinking about his grand kids and life after footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maybe this really will be the week that M Allen debuts...

Out: Cripps
In: Allen

Wouldn’t reckon there would be too many changes this week it’s just not our style.

I think O Allen will overtake that Kennedy role next season but nows not the time.

We need Kennedy to give it one last go.
I would keep Kennedy in as he can turn it around and we know hes got the ability to kick a few but last night was his worst game I've ever seen from him. Can't be carrying that for too long so he needs to lift asap.
Sadly it looks like this will be his last season. Maybe with his good mate Lecras gone last season and the premiership he has lost desire. That's what it looks like to me. He has it in him but his mind is elsewhere right now. Probably thinking about his grand kids and life after footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ridiculous.

Oscar Allen was incredible last night, he won't be dropped.

Cripps going out paves the way for the only forwards we have left: Petruccelle, or Venables (not ready yet)

JK was rubbish but he won't be dropped.

The mids were s**t, they've done well all year but we were second to the ball and predictable. Yeo excluded.

Rioli isn't playing well, he's not even using it wisely.

Think just the one change.

In: Petch
Out: Cripps

Thought allen was good last night, his hands in traffic are insane for a tall. Really hope he stays in for the rest of the year.

Probably not a popular opinion but I wonder whether we will able to build up nic nat to a point over the next couple of weeks that we can afford to drop hickey and play allen as a pinch hitter. This might be a way to bring in an extra runner (whether mid or fwd)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JK is still top 10 in the entire league for goals per game, despite being held goalless the past two games.

He isn't going anywhere but they need to get him roaming more up the ground to get him involved. Umpires did him zero favours, but when you're not playing well things don't go your way.

Time for land of the Giants

Brander for Cripps

In all seriousness I don’t think it will happen but hasn’t Brander been clocking up the km in WAFL?

Think more likely Petch will come in, but concerns me that he has the burst running but not the endurance that Cripps has.

JK is still top 10 in the entire league for goals per game, despite being held goalless the past two games.

He isn't going anywhere but they need to get him roaming more up the ground to get him involved. Umpires did him zero favours, but when you're not playing well things don't go your way.

The bloke can't move. He looks like an 80yr old man constantly getting outmuscled and outmaneuvered.

I presume the whole reason he's not "coming up the ground" is because his body is wrecked and he has to stay deep. Like Franklin, he hardly trains.

The bloke can't move. He looks like an 80yr old man constantly getting outmuscled and outmaneuvered.

I presume the whole reason he's not "coming up the ground" is because his body is wrecked and he has to stay deep. Like Franklin, he hardly trains.

Unfortunately I think this is how I see JK now

D16DC5C4-451A-4793-9D54-6D07553639EC.jpeg

NicNat very sore ( ankle ) sounds unlikely , McGovern was very brave ( maybe not as brave as the Dockers ) to play out the game so could be doubtful you would think .

It wasnt the hard ball gets ( clearances ) that were the problem last night . The other half of the contested possessions the loose ball gets or ground balls is where we were smashed .

Collingwood had more run and got more players to the contest hoovering up all the loose balls .

Bring in smith for cripps to play the link between our mids and forward line. I just dont think petracelle has the tank and ability to rack up touches .

I think cameron has taken petch spot atm .

Out: Cripps and Cole
In: Ah Chee (if fit) and Rotham.

Rotham seems to look like he has time when he is in possession and uses the ball well under pressure.

Looked like NicNat had an ankle issue early and then hip/back tightness in the 3rd quarter. I don't think Gov was ribs, I think he just crunched his nuts.

At the game last night the boys looked knackered as early as the second quarter. Hands on knees sucking it in at stoppages all over the place. Much more obvious last night than I’d noticed previously at any other game. Just wonder if they’ve done some heavy training recently and it’s caught up with them maybe?

Many players looked sore and proppy - Naitanui, Ryan, Jetta, McGovern, so they’ll have to be managed into our next game although I hope we don’t carry too many guys with niggles into games each week.

Cripps out hurts more than most I believe. He’s our greatest repeat sprinter and helps out all over the ground. Hard to replace and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Smith come in to give us some running power for 4 quarters

At the game last night the boys looked knackered as early as the second quarter. Hands on knees sucking it in at stoppages all over the place. Much more obvious last night than I’d noticed previously at any other game. Just wonder if they’ve done some heavy training recently and it’s caught up with them maybe?

Many players looked sore and proppy - Naitanui, Ryan, Jetta, McGovern, so they’ll have to be managed into our next game although I hope we don’t carry too many guys with niggles into games each week.

Cripps out hurts more than most I believe. He’s our greatest repeat sprinter and helps out all over the ground. Hard to replace and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Smith come in to give us some running power for 4 quarters
Smith and Masten in the same side, shame there's not a Grand Final half marathon instead of a sprint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back