Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Abbath - Outstrider.

First impression is positive; I like it, but it's probably not going to be considered a classic going forward. Not really black metal, blackened traditional metal, perhaps?

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Abbath - Outstrider.

First impression is positive; I like it, but it's probably not going to be considered a classic going forward. Not really black metal, blackened traditional metal, perhaps?

Got some nice riffs and solos from what I have heard in the two or three spins I've given it. Definitely heavy metal with a little black metal infused. Also has probably the gayest photo I have seen in some time in the middle of the booklet. With the evolution of his music I don't know why he doesn't ditch all the campiness and do Motorhead style photo shoots.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Abbath - Outstrider.

Got some nice riffs and solos from what I have heard in the two or three spins I've given it. Definitely heavy metal with a little black metal infused. Also has probably the gayest photo I have seen in some time in the middle of the booklet. With the evolution of his music I don't know why he doesn't ditch all the campiness and do Motorhead style photo shoots.

Gotta agree with both of you. Clearly Abbath has realised he can’t ‘out-black’ Demonaz after NCG...and has instead focussed on a more traditional approach. Hats off to him.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Re Abbath...was at Chadstone Thursday night and JB had a limited Edition Outstrider box for $72.

These guys are taking the piss

Saw a $50 version of it in city. Couldn't work out what was different save the packaging. Begs belief.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Are Immortal going to play live? All well and good to use the name and bring out some pretty good material but you aren't going to out do Abbath if you don't play live.

yeah they actually got me into gojira, infact the band you're thinking of is probably gojira, i know that they have promoted lost in vegas' reaction to the first song they reacted to on facebook, i think the song was The Heaviest Matter of The Universe
Great song
Goj are my fav band now
Magma has not left the car cd player
Cant wait for the new album when it drops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back